Mori Rework Kills Friendly Killers

Friendly Killers

If you've played dbd for long enough you'd know that when it comes to the end game, and you get downed, the killer has 2 choices, be the good guy, or be the bad guy. Obviously, taking you to hook or take you to hatch. From what I saw in the roadmap, the mori rework is said to immediately teleport you to a mori location, and while I do agree, Moris, need to be a bigger part of the game to show off each killer's personality, all I'd like to see is that they add a choice to mori or not to mori to protect this from being removed from the game

Now I'll be honest this is such a bold deviation from the automatic mori teleport system they have planned and I don't even expect them to recognize friendly killers as a player they'll need to compensate for, but to me it just kind of sucks that we won't be seeing that kind of forgiving nature you see in some players who give pity on the final survivor

Thanks love you all <33

Comments

• Shaped
    Shaped Member Posts: 5,869

Well now we just let two people go instead of one lol.

• bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,472

could just not down them

• Onyx_Blue
    Onyx_Blue Member Posts: 1,060

Nope. The killer can just swing to guide them to hatch or leave them be to find it on their own

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,695

Why are we complaining about this honestly???? Literally just don’t down the survivor or let them have the exit gate.

• AbsolutGrndZer0
    AbsolutGrndZer0 Member Posts: 1,366

Because sometimes you want to give them the hatch. It's a courtesy. You carry them to the hatch, or not. A mandatory Mori on the last kill, it's like, what benefit is that for anyone? Oh, I was the last survivor I get to watch a Mori? Okay, sure. I guess. But it removes IMO the idea that "oh no a hidden offering, did the killer bring a Mori?" and the excitement that brings to the match. This new way, that's gone too.

• Mozic
    Mozic Member Posts: 601

I stopped carrying to hatch a while ago, knowing how annoying it is to some survivors to have to wait for me to slowly amble around the trial searching for the darn thing while they hear the failed skill check noise endlessly while they let the wiggle skill check meter spin around. Nowadays I just run up to them until they realize I don't plan to kill them and do some twirling around while we look for it together. It's faster and leaves me open to go kick palettes and doors and such on the way.

I also run rancor in almost all of my builds because I love ending a match with a single mori, so I'm already pretty pleased as punch with this change.

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,695

But you can still give survivors hatch just don’t down them.

• Pumpkinbros
    Pumpkinbros Member Posts: 425

a lot of you in my replies aren't understanding that I'm not talking about pre deciding to give hatch, I'm talking about that one moment where hatch will spawn as you're carrying a survivor

and you have to make that decision right then and there, you can't change your mind cause you'll just mori regardless, idk, just kind of sucks that it's just gonna be an immediate mori, no decisions lol

• LastShoe
    LastShoe Member Posts: 1,183

It removes instance of when survivor is impossible to hook and he knows it and just runs to this spot to waste killer's time.

• AbsolutGrndZer0
    AbsolutGrndZer0 Member Posts: 1,366

It also negates the last survivor getting out only because you didn't tunnel them during the match so they never got use of their Decisive Strike. Doesn't mean I'd rather have the choice of whether to Mori or not.

• Warcrafter4
    Warcrafter4 Member Posts: 2,917

We already have the Mori/Spare choice with the Cypress Mori offering I don't get why the choice should be removed when its made baseline.

• Slowpeach
    Slowpeach Member Posts: 702

Honestly I don’t carry to hatch because even if I know where it is half the time the survivor resists when it’s obvious I’m not hooking them, gets off me and then keeps searching in completely the wrong place. These days I just close it and stand menacingly at the gate they open but don’t actually attack.

• XerraFox
    XerraFox Member Posts: 157

I don't carry them.. If I show mercy - look for it yourself, I'll have a cigarette break in the meantime.. So nothing really changes for me

• keepingitril
    keepingitril Member Posts: 94

I've suggested this elsewhere. Assuming the devs are instistent on this new quicker game endings and animations...

You down the last person and killer gets presented with 3 options.

1. Animation that kills player.
    2. Animation of killer carrying body to open gate, killer acts menacingly and person crawls out. [Setting aside the entire hatch mechanic for a moment, which we can dispense with for this scenario as it's simply unnecessary.]
    3. Entity decides - random one of the above.