Please check if your issue has already been reported first!

When reporting a bug, please follow the template provided, otherwise the report will be declined. The information requested is vital to allow us to correctly reproduce and then fix what you are reporting.
We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

PC - incorrect post-match bonus bloodpoints

I played as Pyramid head on RPD in a public match.

I got full stacks on bbq, hooking everyone at least once each.

In the post-game bloodpoints count, it showed this: Base bloodpoints (correct) + bloodhunt bp (correct) + post-game bonus (incorrect)

I should've had 4x my base points (base+bloodhunt+bbq+pudding), instead I got 2.991x points. That's over 2 hundred points below 3x. That means that I got neither the full bbq nor pudding bonus.

I haven't tried to replicate it, nor do I know if it's just a visual issue (didn't check bloodpoints prior to match). It did not however, happen as survivor: Meg with full 'we're gonna live forever' stacks, the bonus was calculated correctly there, although I did not have an offering that time.

2 votes

Pending · Last Updated

Comments

• gustavord
    gustavord Member Posts: 2

Are you talking about the scoreboard? Because that last screen only shows the base BP gain, it's capped at 32k

• Chad_Radicchio
    Chad_Radicchio Member Posts: 3

No, I'm talking about the total earned (78 021). It should've been 104 344. Even if I got 0 bbq stacks (I got sacrifice, so impossible anyway, but for the sake of my point), I should've got 78 258. This was almost certainly the bbq bonus bp not showing, which I've now come to be aware of since making the post, but even so, the game shorted me 237 bloodpoints. Without bbq, I got my base 26 086, then bloodhunt, then escape cake.

3 x 26 086 = 78 258

The maths for survivor pudding was just incorrect. It gave me a wrong number of bonus bloodpoints post-game. The video just shows that I had bbq and a sacrifice, a survivor pudding, and bloodhunt event. You can see the numbers and that they don't add up.

• hastarkis
    hastarkis Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 580

The math is kinda correct. You got:

brutality: 7 300,

deviousness: 3 705,

hunter: 7 202,

sacrifice: 7 800

7 300 + 3 705 + 7 202 + 7 800 = 26 007 (not 26 086)

26 007 * 3 = 78 021 (base bp + pudding + bloodhunt). The bbq bonus doesn't work properly so I don't count it.

It's just like it was showed, your bloodhunt and pudding bonuses was absolutely correct if counted from your emblems' score.

The problem is your total match bp on the last game screen. Somehow it shows 79 extra points for the match. Could it be any event thing that showed in the aftermatch screen (like do glyphs or did new year envelopes) but doesn't count for bloodhunt and BP-offerings bonuses? I'm sure, when I got 25k for escaping with white glyph it was showed in aftermatch last screen score (as first plase with 50k bp earned), but I'm not sure if those 25k are doubled by WGLF or bloodhunt. I assume, it's not. Those 79 bps could be the same.

• Chad_Radicchio
    Chad_Radicchio Member Posts: 3

Thanks, I didn't think about it that way. But the problem is that I had a 'hook survivors' challenge and this was on May 24th, there were no glyphs, envelopes or special events etc. While any glyphs and special events do add to the total as you say, no events would give 79 points right?

I stated in the first post that I believed the bloodhunt xp was correct and it was the fault of the cake and/or bbq. This was because when it actively counted the bloodpoints up, it showed bloodhunt giving +26 086, which I saw matched the displayed starting value of 26 086.

To me, what you're saying makes the most sense, so I think that the bloodhunt bonus bp must be visually bugged. The bloodhunt bonus must just copy the value it says rather than working it out again. Then the cake recalculates the value and is correct, but it doesn't match the other values so I think it's at fault.

So there are two possibilities remaining:

1) The post-game incorrectly showed me getting +79 points out of nowhere and the bloodhunt bonus didn't verify the value but the cake did. So then the bug is the random +79 points that I didn't actually get.

2) Some event that I am unaware of gave me +79 points. The bloodhunt doubled it but the cake did not. Then the total value deducted 158 points for some reason. So then the bugs are how inconsistent point-multipliers are and the total points being shown or worked out incorrectly.

• Jirobeko
    Jirobeko Member Posts: 67

There is a issue regarding the BBQ bonus.

1) On the after match screen, BP earned in the match doesn't include the BBQ bonus. (This issue affects challenges such as "Bloody Rewards", won't count the BBQ bonus.)

So, as @hastarkis wrote, it showed "7 300 + 3 705 + 7 202 + 7 800 = 26 007" and "26 007 * 3 = 78 021".

2)  However, the BBQ bonus is added correctly to the player's BP.

So, I think 26007 * 4 = 104028 has been added to your BP.

I can't find a reasonable explanation for the "+79 points".

• Jirobeko
    Jirobeko Member Posts: 67

The mismatched base-BP happened to me in a public match (as the killer, PC-Steam ).

The base-BP earned in the match was 8 000 + 6 791 + 8 000 + 7 900 = 30 691.

However, the base BP displayed in the scoreboard was 30 941. The difference was 250.

I guess ... this may be related to the points gained by an activity immediately before the game was finished. In my case I closed the hatch: 250 points.