Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Max out your gains, stop rushing….

On both killer/survivor sides, so many of you are not playing efficiently for bp gains.

killers are trying their hardest for quickest 4ks, and survivors are rushing gens without engaging the killer/unhooking/cleansing totems.

play how you want, of course, but it’s so frustrating to see 3k games on survivor side and under 25k bp on killer side. We rarely get these events.

Comments

• IlliterateGenocide
    IlliterateGenocide Member Posts: 6,016

nah, im getting out as fast as I can

getting a 4k as fast as I can

Depending on how the other side is playing i can be a little more lenient

but most of the time that is not the case.

• tippy2k2
    tippy2k2 Member Posts: 5,177

NO PAIN NO GAIN BRAH!!!!!!

Wait, what are we maxing out?

Anyway, yeah, I do find it weird how people seem to hellbent on getting done with trials ASAP in these events but I also do kind of get it. It's kind of the same thing as the toxicity cycle except instead of one side being jerks to the other side so the other side turns into a jerk which turns the other side into a jerk which... it becomes a game of one side trying to rush as quickly as possible so the other side tries to rush as quickly as possible so the other side starts tries to rush as quickly as possible which...

• Viskod
    Viskod Member Posts: 854

I don’t try for anything. I just chase organically as the situations present.

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 5,426

I'm trying to lol I put on Distortion after getting a facecamping Bubba, so I can at least buy some time to run around gathering bp, and my tokens are disappearing like mad. Every killer is decked out with aura reading perks and every team mate I do a gen with has Prove Thyself.

I've only played a handful of games so far but I don't think I've seen anyone get over 20k yet, which is unusual, so I get what you're saying.

• Ruma
    Ruma Member Posts: 2,069

I dont care for bloodpoints.

• Yankus
    Yankus Member Posts: 638

I am going through every single one of my tombstone addons on Meyers....KILLERS ARISE!!!!

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270

If you're going against laods of aura reading you might get more value from object

• RenRen
    RenRen Member Posts: 1,443

So your saying to max out our gains but also telling us to play how we want. So uh which one is it?

• amazing_grace
    amazing_grace Member Posts: 734

I think for the killer, it's sometimes hard to pace yourself and "slowdown" because if you play a little too laxed it sometimes gets out of hand real quick. I can definitely see letting up on the gas a little by maybe not slugging or leaving the hook to find people on gens. From my experience as killer and survivor, sometimes if the killer starts to play a little too relaxed and take a longer chase, there can definitely be a "comeback" or at least it gets a little more stressful.

As survivor though, if I know the killer is not great or afk, I literally stop doing gens after 3 are completed and start running around the map cleansing totems because its either NOED time and assuming I wasn't the one in chase the whole game, I want those nice BP. For the event, my friend and I were playing duo and we went against a not so great legion, so I literally cleansed all 5 totems because the gens were well under control. I'm definitely the type of survivor who will cleanse totems and open chests to get extra bp when its a killer that I know is well below the skill of the team.

• DoritoHead
    DoritoHead Member Posts: 3,546

The people trying to speedrun games are probably aware that they aren't playing optimally for bloodpoints, but they'd rather go through as many games as possible instead, which is perfectly fine.

But I don't think it's good that someone deciding to do that will impact the other players in the match so much. How are you supposed to get a lot of BP against a Myers with tombstone offerings?

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,221

It's quicker to just play normally than it is to farm for eternity each match. Plus more fun. At least in my opinion

• UnicornToots
    UnicornToots Member Posts: 33

I don't want more BP, it is a hassle to spend all of them.

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,277

how about all killers if you lose 2 or 3 gens before the first hook you go to the basement do nothing no more fun no more point

see how much survivors have fun most likely all depip

• DBD_Pinhead
    DBD_Pinhead Member Posts: 763

Exactly. They want to skip straight to the end let them. AFK and deny points. That's why they usually bring BPS in a normal match: to bribe you into being bullied and gen rushed.

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897

I honestly didn't realize there was an event happening. I've been on a break from playing. I was thinking of coming back. Guess I'll wait. Thanks for the heads up.

• RisingTron
    RisingTron Member Posts: 508

Trying to max out your gains as survivor is pointless. Just brought a BPS, didn't get hooked until the very end, did gens, healed, totems, glyphs. Only got 59k BP. I can "farm" as killer in Low MMR. (basically play normally and double hook everyone then let them escape.) and get twice that.

• RisingTron

I don't even bother as survivor. Why would I sweat to get 50k BP when I can 2 hook everyone as killer and get almost 100k.

• RisingTron

I play Doctor with Thrill of the Hunt, Distressing, BBQ, and Whispers. I rarely play killer so I imagine my MMR isn't that high and i never kill people unless I need to do it for a tome challenge.

• skylerbound
    skylerbound Member Posts: 753

Same, it's tough though when there's the one ultra immersive survivor lol Doing lots of legion just to find them.