Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Why gen rush during the bloodhunt event?

graveyard_7777
graveyard_7777 Member Posts: 269
edited May 2022 in General Discussions

I've played a few matches today as killer where I got gen rushed each game with zero kills. I brought perks like bbq, distressing, and thrill of the hunt along with party streamers to farm and to have fun. The survivors were dead set on finishing the match as quick as possible and no one including myself hardly got bloodpoints. What's the point of doing that during this event?

Comments

• DBD_Pinhead
    DBD_Pinhead Member Posts: 763

Because they get double points for doing it and won't feel bad about it one bit. They don't care about you farming unless they do all or 4 gens and then bully you to farm points.

• DrDeepwound
    DrDeepwound Member Posts: 2,557

run noed/no way out and kill rush em at the end

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 6,063

This. The survivors don't know that you're in it to play a relatively friendly game. People 'gen rush' because it's the best way to get out alive.

• Tostapane
    Tostapane Member Posts: 1,615

cause it's literally their main objective... it would be like complaining about a killer that hooks/tunnel people... make no sense (said this i won't say that this is fun, quite the opposite, i like chill matches too, but you don't know how your opponent will play...)

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,693

People don't care about your BP gain/gaming experience.

• Sherry
    Sherry Member Posts: 227

I like farming, but I had a couple of gen rift challenges.

• DEMONANCE
    DEMONANCE Member Posts: 800

don't expect people to change their playstyle because of an event just play normally with good perks. I'll rather be done with an uneventful match quickly than farm in one forever.

• CakeDuty
    CakeDuty Member Posts: 995

In the beginning I was naive tried to take it easy as survivor, using an anniversary cake, bloodpoint perks instead of stuff like BT and DS and ended up getting tunneled and/or camped 4 games in a row and another game had a Nurse 4 man slug at 5 gens left when 2 party streamers and an anniversary cake was used. So these survivors probably encountered something alike

Besides farming is boring.

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270

There's a lot of challenges that involve gens and toolboxes rn. I don't know what's up with the DCing though, I thought the forum was exaggerating but then I got on myself and nope

• ihateboons
    ihateboons Member Posts: 167

In the game's current state, most games for killer and solo players are not fun. In fact, 2-3 man SWFs with solo players, solo players typically left slugged/on hook in a majority of games which leads to DCs even more if the killer treats the solo like they're a part of the SWF and left to die. Then, Killers struggle against comms and even the least organized SWFs. One well placed boon and even the best players start struggling.

Unfortunately, close to 95% of the problem is: The Community

There is no incentive to play any other way outside of not being a jerk. Which is pretty rare lol. BBQ is not enough to incentivize anti-tunnel/camp, but any punishment against the killer BHVR has tried in the past is immediately abused by survivors.

• Tsukah
    Tsukah Member Posts: 390

Why camp and tunnel during the bloodhunt event?

• Xx_Daniel_xX69
    Xx_Daniel_xX69 Member Posts: 214

What I do is I play the game normally, but I make sure to keep in mind who I hook. Once I have 8 hooks I go farming mode. Like someone said not everyone wants to farm so just take that with a grain of salt and try another match.