Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Stop playing killer to make dbd balanced?

Why did we receive the recent Legion buffs and slight nerfs to COH and Boil Over? It's because survivor queues kept increasing because nobody wanted to bother playing the dreadful and stressful killer role. Then the devs were like "oh damn we need killers to even have dbd". So they provided some slight buffs and nerfs to attract killer players back, but it certainly wasn't enough lol. Trust me if you want the game to be balanced and fair, just stop playing killer, when survivor queue times increase, only then will the devs be forced to balance their game and make it more fair.

Comments

• Leatherface1990
    Leatherface1990 Member Posts: 718

YOU can count on ME!

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,758

All this would do would make morning queue times for me as survivor marginally slower

• MikaelaWantsYourBoon
    MikaelaWantsYourBoon Member Posts: 6,564
    edited May 2022

I love play killer, i will not stop play.

Faster queues, more bp and more fun. And there is not solo teammates, who will destroy my fun.

• RenRen
    RenRen Member Posts: 1,443

that is just not true if every forum member stopped playing killer that would def make it a difference. Would it be a big enough difference? Idk.

• Bartlaus
    Bartlaus Member Posts: 1,026

I would never stop playing killer. When I get fed up with the Solo Q, I switch to the killer role. If I only get Genrush-Chuck-Norris-Death-Squads I'll go back to survivor. And sometimes I take a break and play civilization to calm down or hang around in the forums...... Yes, I had some bad matches recently.

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295

Way ahead of you :p

• DaddyMyers_Mori
    DaddyMyers_Mori Member Posts: 2,205

I have stopped playing last year. Deathslinger, Wraith nerfs, validation feedback, CoH, MMR

they fixed most of my issues except balancing of course. I might start again after their balance patch just to test things.

That will most likely either save or kill their game. Most likely kill

• Tiufal
    Tiufal Member Posts: 1,252

How about you start to accept that the one role is always more stressfull by nature? Killer has never been so easy as the gameplay is completely broken towards killers. Everytime anyone complains on the forums, esp you, its more than obvious its a player issue and not a game issue. Start thinking about yourself and not blaming anything else. At some point you would realize how bad you are as player.

• DaddyMyers_Mori
    DaddyMyers_Mori Member Posts: 2,205

how is gameplay completely broken towards killers in general?

I would give you some top tier killers, but definetly not overall thing. Unless you want to convince me that Pig, Trapper, Myers etc. are OP.

• Cameragosha
    Cameragosha Member Posts: 630

Game is survivor sided , Devs never nerf survivor.

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,356

This idea that only one role has problems and frustrations to deal with is ridiculous. Both roles can be very frustrating. Killer can be very stressful, and there are matches that are definitely unwinnable, though I do very much believe those are not as common as some people would want you to believe.

But solo survivors have to deal with matchmaking problems, and all survivors have to deal with camping and tunneling, which are insanely frustrating to go against.

My queue times have actually been fairly balanced on average. Killer can take a bit longer during the day and survivor a bit longer in the evening. I definitely need to take breaks from this game, but I won't not play killer just so they can get buffed.

Not to mention we seem to be getting small baseline changes in the big perk update patch as well.

• DoritoHead
    DoritoHead Member Posts: 3,546

Stop letting slowdown perks carry you. Take them off and run no perks/chasing perks instead, then you’ll naturally become better and your games will be less frustrating because your MMR will actually reflect your skill.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

You know what achieves even less than OPs suggestion?

Not doing anything and just accepting everything as it is "because I can't change it anyway".

And say what you want, but the fact that a bunch of really good announcements / changes were made recently is 100% due to a large amount of players (me included) leaving this game in favor of other, actual fun, games.

And what is there even to lose? In a worst case scenario OP and some others will stop doing something they didn't enjoy anyway, while in a best case scenario they actually manage to bring change to this game and push it in a more healthy direction that everyone will benefit from.

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976

I never said don't do anything, everyone is allowed to give their critiques in a respectfull way.

And it would be 100% ok to leave the game if you don't like it. I would encourage that all the way. That's not what ends up happening with this community.

What happens is that those people stick around and keep trying to convince everyone just how terrible this game is and just souring the overall mood.

You just did it yourself with your "actual fun games" remark. DbD is actual fun. Might not be everyone's cup of tea but so many people wouldn't play it if it wasen't fun.

Also no good changes happen constantly in this game. Some people have just conditioned themself to only see the negative. The game hasen't had a single moment where it didn't thrive to improve itself.

Leaving a game for something else cause you aren't enjoying it is 100% valid and i endorse it completely. Leaving it to try and boycot them is just a unhealthy mindset

• Hilidaris
    Hilidaris Member Posts: 164

I mean there's a reason why most perk played on killers are slowdown perk, no matter how skilled they are.

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270

Slowdown perks are a trap though, if you keep winning with them you'll just get survivors that you can't beat without them.

• lemonsway
    lemonsway Member Posts: 1,169

Not playing Killer won't solve much. The game was never meant to be fair towards killers. Nobody wants to see killers win. Why would anyone root for the killer? The only reason killer is a playable role is because of pure FANTASY. If killer role was just Bots it would be supper boring, BOt killers and Survs are okay if you wanna learn the mechanics but in a real match you need the Human unpredictability aspect of things otherwise it's boring but at the same time the goal isn't for the killer to win.

• TMNoThumbs
    TMNoThumbs Member Posts: 120

Do you even watch horror movies? Killers win most of the time, the exception generally being the final girl or guy. What do you mean "why would anyone root for the killer?". Outside of laurie strode most people wouldnt be able to name a horror movie survivor. Do you really think BHVR is moving liscensed DLC because of survivors? Get real.

• lemonsway
    lemonsway Member Posts: 1,169

Do you watch Horror movies for the killer to win? Cause if you do then that's the FANTASY side of it, exactly like i said DbD works... Killer being player controlled is the FANTASY. Same thing as being impostor in Among Us. However that's just 1 person vs manny therefore your power FANTASY won't happen the way you want it to.

• Chusan
    Chusan Member Posts: 137
    edited May 2022

Damn. All this survivor players trying to say that killers are balanced when the proof is right up their face. There's a reason why there's no one playing killer. They should really try killer out before complaining that it's balanced.

Killer runs all this meta generator slow down perks like Corrupt and such is because totem spawns are so bad that they will expire within 2 minutes along with undying.

If they don't run slowdown perks, 2 generators or more will be repaired in within 3 minutes.

Survivor can just hold W to buy time. not to mention that there's lots of safe loops and god pallets

Killer tunnel survivors because they are already injured and can turn the game to 3 v 1. It takes a survivor 8 secondish to heal itself along with medkit which can be used twice or more depending on addon. Generator repairs are already fast without toolbox.

Post edited by Chusan on
  • Aneurysm

I'm sorry that slowdowns are such an integral part of gameplay to you that going without them would feel like playing an FPS with pistols only, that sounds genuinely unpleasant.

Most survivors can be beat without them. A decent & coordinated team running their own meta perks? No, you'll lose, but losing sometimes is a small price to pay for not having to run the same crap every single match.

Anyway a load of them are probably going to be gutted at the same time as the survivor second chances, it's a good a time as any to try something different.

• Souplet
    Souplet Member Posts: 345

They wont gut smowdown without changing gens or objectives. Doing so would really bring the fatal blow to the game.

There is a reason why there are so many slowdowns perks in the game and why everyone uses one of them. It's not because its easier but because its mandatory in the current state of the game. Just as bt should be basekit on survivor side by now.

• Aneurysm

Yeah I'm (cautiously) hopeful there'll be some good base changes along with them

• KateMain86
    KateMain86 Member Posts: 2,374

I.. wha... are.... HOW? I suppose the hatch change wasn't a nerf to survivors or certain perks being buffed and then scaled back again. Do I really need to make a list for you or were you just exaggerating?

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

Yes, please. Make that list.

Every single time someone tried to make a list, claiming that survivors receive more nerfs than killers. Someone else came up with a killer list, which was 3 times longer.

But I'm sure your list will be different.

Devs have been spamming us with slowdown perks for over a year. Because they see, that something is wrong with gen times. But don't know how to fix it, without making gens even more boring to do. Ironically, despite gens being boring, they are the favorite thing for survivors, when not being chased.

Oh and on regard of the hatch getting it's first nerf after only receiving buffs. Moris were nerfed twice before that and are about to receive their final nerf.

• KateMain86
    KateMain86 Member Posts: 2,374

The claim was they never nerf survivors, which isn't true. I didn't say survivors receive more nerfs than killers. I don't know if they have or haven't, but that wasn't the point.

• Ink_Eyes
    Ink_Eyes Member Posts: 561

Ok then, stop playing now and we'll see you you in...6 months? come back to tell us how it went.

• DoritoHead

Each individual killer is different and has an entirely different set of addons and abilities so obviously they’ll get more nerfs lmao

The lengths people go to create Us vs. Them arguments are shocking

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,987

Yes, please... Stop complaining about killer, put your money where your mouth is. It is hard to believe killer is such an oppressive experience when my survivor queues are instant.

• Tsulan
  • DoritoHead

I’m not trying to take sides here I’m just saying that saying “x side gets more nerfs” is an insanely flawed argument

• DBD_Pinhead
    DBD_Pinhead Member Posts: 763

Only if survs stop letting 2nd chance perks carry them. You'll always be at a disadvantage and handicapping your capabilities against an opposition who could care less if you try to pull and Otz and will abuse every advantage they get.

• Tsulan

Yeah, but offering to make a list was kinda...

Just wanted to make a point there. To reflect about the whole list task.

Both sides receive nerfs. Sadly with unmatched time frames, like the year difference between the mori and the hatch nerf. Then when one side receives the nerf to balance things out, people with really short term memory claim that only their side gets nerfed.

• BenOfMilam
    BenOfMilam Member Posts: 911

Queen, Preach! 🙏

No one is willing to say "I just played bad, I need to adapt"

• TMNoThumbs
    TMNoThumbs Member Posts: 120

Okay. Lets try this again. Im commenting on a basic trope within the horror genre. Its not about rooting for the killer. I have no idea what your rebuttal is trying to say.

• DBD_Pinhead
    DBD_Pinhead Member Posts: 763

Why would Behavior pay money for licensed killers? Certainly not to draw survivor players. If you have characters that the director doesn't make you care about, or are there just for a body count, then people will root for the killer. Name someone who has survived in the Elm Street, Saw, TCM, Scream, or Hellraiser franchises that wasn't a strong lead or final girl and wasn't in league with the killer at any point offhand? Chances are few and far between. But it's classic bait and switch with this game. Give you compelling killers with great aesthetics, solid or good mechanics....and then make adjustments that skew in survs favor and not fully address game balance...

• Emeal
    Emeal Member Posts: 4,951

Incorrect, Legion has been underperforming and has received a lot of criticism. BHVR decided it was time to bring legion up to date.

They wont be able to just buff all Killers on a dime, however to fix the problems, they need data and data requires Killers.