Old MoM and old Ruin

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,369
    Options

I miss moonlight offerings

• Thrax
    Thrax Member Posts: 974
    Options

I wish I could have played OG Fred on Hawkins. I miss Fred having testicles.

Bring back old ruin as a new perk!

I miss feeling worried instead of just annoyed.

• TheycallmeLix
    TheycallmeLix Member Posts: 334
    Options

Wait, you could hear Myers music alerting survivors for being stalked for too long?! Why did they remove that? It’s sounds so cool!

• DBD_Pinhead
    DBD_Pinhead Member Posts: 763
    Options

Old moris, old Billy, old Nurse, old Wraith, old Spirit, old MM, and old Ruin.

• Tr1nity
    Tr1nity Member Posts: 5,047
    Options

Yes, that I didn’t have Dbd. I also didn’t have hollow knight.. and to a large extent I likely wouldn’t have gotten Hollow Knight if it weren’t for Rizzo.. hmm..

• Tatariu
    Tatariu Member Posts: 3,005
    Options

I miss old maps. Breakable walls are hella cringe.

• Dito175
    Dito175 Member Posts: 1,391
    Options

Hawkins nightime coldwinnd and the old fog. The rest I'm quite happy it's gone.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,096
    Options

The old maps/graphics. New ones are pretty but the old ones felt more gritty and horror.

Old animations. I miss spinning on the ground as survivor so much.

Killers having unique music being a rarity. I miss hearing the default chase/heartbeat more often.

The old UI. I hate the info going vertical, I way prefer the old across the bottom UI. The portraits, while nice, are too colorful - would way prefer the grey pics they use on the achievements.

Hawkins.

• TeleportingTurkey
    TeleportingTurkey Member Posts: 589
    Options

I miss old window grab animation. It was hella long, but it was much more satisfying than current shoulder pat.

Old lighting and fog were also greater. I really do miss when the map was entirely clogged with the fog and you could actually see it. Right now black fog is nonexistent.

• Remedicist
    Remedicist Member Posts: 1,096
    Options

I really miss Old Freddy as I used to main him and found his power to be quite unique.

• GoshJosh
    GoshJosh Member Posts: 4,992
    Options

Yep! Here it is in YouTube, along with a quick look at what old graphics and fog looked like: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9qg0KnE-A4

So beautiful and nostalgic...

• BenZ0
    BenZ0 Member Posts: 4,125
    Options

Old Legion, Hawkins and Old Spirit

RIP

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 5,582
    Options

Maps actually being dark and foggy. The Realm Beyond has been moving in a direction I really dislike, where everything is clear, easy to see, and even broad daylight in an increasing number of cases.

• Claudirt
    Claudirt Member Posts: 49
    edited May 2022
    Options

The old survivor animations, and the old graphics.

The graphics really felt more, grim and foggy, it was a scary world. The old animations showed the survivors were scared, they would look side to side, looking around while standing still. The animations had life to them. Your character would be hunched a bit, trying to hide there body.

The new animations, the characters are stiff, lifeless, they stare straight standing still. I think they did good with some new animations, but the standing idle and running ones, really doesn't give that vibe that you're trying to avoid death from some killer. The running animation looks like they're jogging in slow motion, it's bad. Not to belittle the work they put into it, or the new graphics. If anything I'd take old animations back with a little upgrade any day. The maps look great visually though.

Should have kept the survivors old visuals, sometimes things don't need change.

• DarKStaR350z
    DarKStaR350z Member Posts: 635
    Options

As much as they had some balance issues, I do miss the old Moonlight and Fog offerings.

As others have said, the game had way more of a horror atmosphere with the old graphics style. There were certainly problems but I do miss it.

• ACleverName4Me
    ACleverName4Me Member Posts: 445
    Options

Brown rarity blood party streamers...

• Brokenbones
    Brokenbones Member Posts: 5,157
    Options

There's a few things

I sorta miss the Farm maps being dark, I actually like the daytime aesthetic we have now but something about the darker farm maps just felt atmospheric. Probably just nostalgia talking

Doctor's pre-rework model. They updated his base model but something has always seemed off about it compared to the original. I don't hate it or anything I just think the original looks more 'DBD' idk

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871
    Options

I miss when Pig's RBTs actually turned on automatically after the last generator was powered. :<

• vanGlasse1
    vanGlasse1 Member Posts: 291
    Options

yeah, my friends

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,639
    Options

Old rank system, coldwind, survivor animations, no hit validation and many more.

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,596
    Options

I just miss hawkins.

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,903
    Options

Hawkins,

Original grittier UI,

Old moris.

• Gamekeeper
    Gamekeeper Member Posts: 47
    Options

Old Billy and the splinter offerings

• Ricardo170373
    Ricardo170373 Member Posts: 632
    Options

Matchmaking, but i really miss thw old physics about hairs. For example. Today the nea's pink hair is static, before, he moved a lot. this game need a better physics about movement, hairs, clothes, etc, everything looks like a helmet or a piece of environment, because nothing move

• Jb94
    Jb94 Member Posts: 209
    Options

I miss being able to switch killers in lobby. The queues are longer for killer most of the time and the one I'm playing usually isn't the one that needs their bloodweb filled out.

• pizzaduffyhp90
    pizzaduffyhp90 Member Posts: 901
    Options

What about let's say something like a power that was weaker or stronger or maybe an old version of a map.

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,301
    Options

Pity coldwind doesn't have a night variant. Would look good at night, way better imo

• not_Queef
    not_Queef Member Posts: 798
    Options

The old HUD.

• ClumsyTrapper
    ClumsyTrapper Member Posts: 544
    Options

Floating head chainsaw Myers was peak dbd

• GoshJosh
    GoshJosh Member Posts: 4,992
    Options

Hahaha.. just the mask floating around, reminds me of my oldest screenshots/memories.. being stuck searching a chest. 😂😂😂

• Aztreonam78
    Aztreonam78 Member Posts: 1,131
    Options

Yes, I too miss the old atmosphere, the old mist, the hue.

• HPhoenix
    HPhoenix Member Posts: 567
    Options

What I miss about old DbD?

-Space billy.

-Old Solvent Jug, aka exhaust bottles. This was best add-on on Clown that hard counter DH back in the days, in my opinion. Anyone taking a sniff of Clown's smoke couldn't use an exhaust perk for 30 seconds. Combine Old Solvent Jug w/ Old Bleach and it would guarantee that they won't make it to a pallet. Good times.

-DbD's BBQ event was amazing with the slushy gens

-FootBall lunar lantern: Survivor finds a lantern in the map. If a killer found a survivor that glows and downs them, the lantern would respawn and the survivor need to try and get it again. you would get an x amount of coin and you would use it to buy a lunar related cosmetic.

• Fantasy
    Fantasy Member Posts: 451
    Options

I miss Feng's old cute face.

• hatchetChugger
    hatchetChugger Member Posts: 441
    Options

Helicopter blight.

Was it useful? No.

Was it broken? Yes.

Was it fun as hell? Yeah!

• toxik_survivor
    toxik_survivor Member Posts: 1,181
    Options
  • CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564
    Options

I miss old Bubba.. 😥 loved the PWYF + Nemesis build

• Thr_ust
    Thr_ust Member Posts: 481
    Options

I miss build diversity. And I miss having matches longer than 5 minutes when I use meme builds.

• MikaelaWantsYourBoon
    MikaelaWantsYourBoon Member Posts: 6,564
    Options

I miss those long games too. Gen times did not change but games are fast now.

• Thr_ust
    Thr_ust Member Posts: 481
    Options

theres really no winning. I want good chases and still games that last a decent amount of time without slowdown. Used to get that time to time. But now I get annihilated at high MMR, I end up going against bad survivors, I slaughter em and it’s boring because it’s so easy, and then it’s back to good chases in games that last 5 minutes.

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759
    Options

I miss the period before Mikaela destroyed the game with the boon mechanic. Massive downhill sprint after that and steam reflects it.