Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Do You Miss Anything from Old DbD?

I do. I miss pre-rework Freddy and old survivor animations so much. What about you?

Comments

• JohnWick1654
    JohnWick1654 Member Posts: 509

old ranx

• Jirobeko
    Jirobeko Member Posts: 67

Kate the first

• ThatOneDemoPlayer
    ThatOneDemoPlayer Member Posts: 5,623

I miss old Rat Tail

• some_guy1
    some_guy1 Member Posts: 694

old deathslinger

• DoritoHead
    DoritoHead Member Posts: 3,546

Old Macmillan and Coldwind, Old survivor and killer models, old Billy, old Freddy, pre-validation DH, grade ranking system

• Sakurra
    Sakurra Member Posts: 1,046

The dense fog

• Pr0p3r9
    Pr0p3r9 Member Posts: 111

I miss old Nightmare. He had a high information power that encouraged hit and run. He was actually really complex. People who said he was F tier didn't understand how to play him, imo. I think that in the current boon meta, he actually would've continued to be a viable hit and run killer if you could play him well.

He did need some buffs, but totally reworking him was a bad call. I still want them to reintroduce his power's concept in a new killer at some point.

• KerJuice
    KerJuice Member Posts: 1,865

I miss the old ranking/matchmaking system. It was far from perfect, but I prefer it over MMR.

It’s funny how some of us (myself included) would complain about being a red rank 2 getting matched up with potato greens to vs. a red rank 1 killer, but at least it wasn’t as bad as it is now. MMR is much worse making what I suspect is this but more consistent, along with other headaches to boot.

• GoshJosh
    GoshJosh Member Posts: 4,992
  • Pr0p3r9
    Pr0p3r9 Member Posts: 111

I'd love that, but I think BHVR is sick of reworking Nightmare. I know I would be. It's more likely that they'd just want to restart with a clean slate with old Nightmare's power, if they even do want to reintroduce it at all.

• Pepsidot
    Pepsidot Member Posts: 1,662

It's hard to remember old DBD things that I really miss, at least for me. What instantly comes to mind is old BNP, insta flashes, insta medkits, old DS, old NOED, infinites, OP mori's, old bloodlust, larger loops and lots of pallets. A weaker trapper and wraith, a very OP nurse. Vacuum pallets + windows, no window blocker. No EGC. Facecamping. The potential for major lag switching. Old forever freddy. How you couldn't heal fully with a common medkit. ETC!

I DID miss old movement and character models but not anymore - I prefer the new ones. I do miss the old maps somewhat. I miss the old weekly/fortnightly dev streams and the old devs/BHVR employees; Hawkins.

It's hard to remember the things I miss more than the bad/OP things tbh maybe I'll add more to the list if I remember more things I miss.

• Nun_So_Vile
    Nun_So_Vile Member Posts: 2,333
    edited May 2022

I miss a lot of it. The Older maps, graphics, and animations like grabbing survivors from the hatch mid jump.

• ReverseVelocity
    ReverseVelocity Member Posts: 4,219

Old map Lighting (the pre-rework realms all had great lighting, the reworked ones all feel a bit samey to be honest), Pre-Overheat Billy, Old survivor animations, and most of all: Old Freddy.

• TurboTOne
    TurboTOne Member Posts: 347

Old Matchmaking.

Back then we might have had Rainbow Rank Lobbys. It was chaotic. It was frustrating. But it was also funny as hell.

No Full Meta Builds every Game. No Genrush every Game. Not the same Killers every Game. And not so much sweating.

Stupid plays on both Sides. Adrenaline pumping Games. Camping, High Skill and Baby Killers.

There was so much variety. So many different Games. So many different Playstyles.

It might have been Overwhelming at first. But some of my best Memories are made back then. The Time when not everything was "the best Strategy against ..." But just dumb ######### that worked 1 in 100 Games.

That's the dbd i fell in Love with. Thats the DbD i want to play.

• versacefeng
    versacefeng Member Posts: 1,133

Anything past DBD 2020.

• lav3
    lav3 Member Posts: 758

Maps. Character models. Animations. Matchmaking.

• pizzaduffyhp90
    pizzaduffyhp90 Member Posts: 901

When there was no SBMM in the game but, I do also miss old Spirit and Wraith before he got hit with half a second speed reduction to his uncloak speed.

• GentlemanFridge
    GentlemanFridge Member Posts: 5,565

Not so much a specific thing, as much as a specific time. That being the Cursed Legacy mid-chapter. I remember that as the prime time of my DbD hype.

• Wampirita
    Wampirita Member Posts: 809

Old Matchmaking: It wasn't perfect, but it was DEFINITELY less brutal than it is now.

Old Lerys: Yeah, maybe it looks better now, but it lost it's spooky atmosphere.

Old Ruin: I despised it, but in the current meta, if it came back, it wouldn't even make an impact. And it actually forced people to do something, now survivor are lazy and entitled.

Old Gideon: I hated that map, but i hate the new one even more, bleh.

Overall i miss those times when maps were actually spooky. Now most of them has been brighten up for no reason. People were afraid of darkness of something? Or fix and bring back bouquets and let people decide if they want maps in day or night mode

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,970

Old animations for the most part

The survivors looked more scared in a way? the only good animations they did were the new slugged animations and the flopping into hatch

• Smoe
    Smoe Member Posts: 2,845
    edited May 2022

No i don't, in fact i say good riddance to old dbd and the sooner we give all that remains from old dbd the realm beyond treatment, the better.

• Annso_x
    Annso_x Member Posts: 1,611

...I miss when wraith was bad and no one would play him

• ElleGreen
    ElleGreen Member Posts: 1,063

Freddy and the map lighting on the maps and Hawkins Lab!

• AverageKateMain
    AverageKateMain Member Posts: 949

I think the only thing I miss about old DBD would be Old Ormond graphics. Everything else, I'm glad to leave behind

• ColonGlock
    ColonGlock Member Posts: 1,224

Trapping under the feet :P

• Judderman77
    Judderman77 Member Posts: 23

I miss spinning around on the floor when slugged.

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,309

The moonlight offerings.

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611

Old maps, character models, animations, and the thick fog. Also old Hillbilly and old Freddy.

• gnehehe
    gnehehe Member Posts: 510

Removing all traps from Trapper or hooks was so funny oOo

• RoboMojo
    RoboMojo Member Posts: 1,326
    edited May 2022

I miss the old grass which actually hid Trapper's bear traps really well. That's about it really.

• RenRen
    RenRen Member Posts: 1,443

Most of the maps.

• JPLongstreet
    JPLongstreet Member Posts: 5,754

Same. Miss the green maps, the blue maps, and the night in the corn maps. Miss their atmosphere despite their shortcomings balance-wise. Miss not being able to see clear across the maps.

Prolly one of the major reasons I love the Swamps so much, they're really the last of the old look maps, and I shall greatly miss them when their time comes...

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,302

* The blue tint of Macmillan and Yellow tint of Coldwind

* Old Coldwind

* Old fog was actually fog

* Old hatch system was better imo.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

The only thing I miss is Hawkins. It's kind of a bummer Demogorgon isn't available for new players also (I have him but I feel bad for anybody else that comes to the game now that wants to play him too.)

Other than that, the graphics are better now, there are fewer broken parts of maps, moris and keys and various other things are better balanced, and I like MMR better than the old rank system. So yeah, I don't miss "old DbD".