Would Camaraderie/Kinship be overpowered if..

dspaceman20
dspaceman20 Member Posts: 4,699

You increase the time on the hook in 2nd state to 50 or 60 seconds? It would also like it if it told other survivors you have kinship.

This would make it an even better anti camping perk as it punish the killer for camping. What do you think?

Comments

• garderachi
    garderachi Member Posts: 36

Having the perk tell other survivors that it's active would be a great change, as it's very difficult for other survivors to tell that the perk is active with how rarely the perk is used. It'd probably be better if some basekit mechanics are changed so that a longer timer isn't necessary, but until then I think it'd be a good change tbh

• Coffeecrashing
    Coffeecrashing Member Posts: 3,662
    edited June 2022

If it’s going to pause the timer for that long, it should require the survivor to remain within range, and it should alert the killer when the perk is active (a small icon on the side of the screen, like how survivors get an icon when they are affected by a hex), so the killer knows there is a survivor in range they should look for.

Reworked perks should encourage both roles to interact with each other more often. Your rework just lets someone sneak into range for 1 second, then sneak away, avoiding all interaction with the killer.

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564

I'd prefer to lower the time to 20 seconds but remove the requirement of needing to be close for it to work.

Also would be really nice if it told the team you had it.

• Carth
    Carth Member Posts: 1,182
    edited June 2022

Extremely OP. Walk into half a standard killer terror radius for just enough time to proc to add essentially a third hook state or in other words 60 * 3 = 180 seconds of struggling? EGC might as well not exist/just end the game when the five gens are done. As far as the team knowing I think that's totally a reasonable request

Just for fun how would you feel about an inverted version for killer. If I'm greater than 32 M away from a hook then the hook 'progress' is doubled, or in other words it takes 30 seconds to go from on hook to struggle, and another 30 to go from struggle to dead. If you think "wow that's kind of insane" that's exactly how I feel about doubling hook timer(even if its based on some condition x being met)

• Nameless
    Nameless Member Posts: 869

I don't think this would be a healthy change because it could punish non-campers. On the other hand, I feel like this change wouldn't really combat camping either, and hell even if it did... it would just be another plasterfix. I would prefer it if they just fixed the bloody issue rather than plasterfixing everything with perks.

• The_Krapper
    The_Krapper Member Posts: 3,259

The perk already combats camping you can genrush during that time and there's really no reason why the gens shouldn't be popping if they camp someone with that perk, if they camp someone right out the gates first hook you could pop all the gens with the time it would take for them to die

• FilthyLegionMain
    FilthyLegionMain Member Posts: 1,148

That's a really good idea. Both sides know what's up and it makes for a good distraction!

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,361

I think Kinship needs Kindred treatment more than upping the duration of the perk. Just let it so if another survivor is hooked in 2nd state and you get close their timer is also paused.

• Shroompy
    Shroompy Member Posts: 6,471

34 seconds is plenty imo

just let people know you have the perk

• Marcavecunc
    Marcavecunc Member Posts: 2,057

Main issue with lots of perks is letting your random teammates know you have it.

This one, many of the healing perks (Solidarity comes to mind, how many times do 2 wounded people try to heal the other person first.. whoever has Solidarity should heal first so save half the time it would take to heal them back, but nope it's back and forth and you waste time in the end)

They did well with Kindred and yeah lots of perks should get modified with that in mind. Or heck just allow us to see what perks everyone is using once in a match or something. Would be nice to know if someone has BT to let them unhook while I take a hit for them, or if the person on hook as DS or something. Or if the wounded survivor being chased as the last gen is about to go has Adrenaline or something to help once the gen pops.

But yeah the way Camaraderie works right now is bonkers. Just needing to be close enough to add an extra 34 seconds, without needing to stick around.. It should require the survivor to remain there, and the timer unpauses if the survivor leaves the area.