Remove map offerings

Options
Aztreonam78
Aztreonam78 Member Posts: 1,131

Neither Survivors or Killers should be able to abuse specific maps.

Comments

• Sasorii19
    Sasorii19 Member Posts: 27
    Options

thats why there is a offering to counter offerings :p

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,098
    Options

I think the queue/lobby system needs a bit of a rework, to be honest. Maps are too impactful from a balance perspective to be the last thing we know about before a trial starts.

For example, there's no reason to ever play Billy on Lery's or take Balanced Landing on Shelter Woods. I'd rather just not play that match altogether rather than be forced to slog through a game where I can't really use my killer power or survivor loadout. It's a waste of time and it's not fun.

I'd rather have a map locked in when the killer queues, then have the killer selection take place, then have the queue/matchmaking occur. Then show the map to the survivors in the lobby.

The maps are hugely problematic from a balance perspective, and this would probably lead to a ton of dodging. But... there's a giant map design problem that needs to be addressed.

• spodamayn
    spodamayn Member Posts: 220
    Options

Map offerings are essential right now with the community event going on, otherwise some of us get the same map in a row a million times which makes the game boring. But outside of an event? I wouldn't mind map offerings being taken out of the game.. but it'd make scratched mirror useless along with maybe a couple of other addons or builds

• Bennett_They1Them
    Bennett_They1Them Member Posts: 2,513
    Options

I think that characters should have a hidden +5% to get sent to their map, and that map offerings should work normally as killer but should avoid sending you to that map as survivor.

• GingerBeard
    GingerBeard Member Posts: 271
    Options

Yes.

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,639
    Options

I don’t like map offerings but I also don’t like going to the same map 3 times in a row so that’s when I burn one.