Body-blocking.

saiisam
saiisam Member Posts: 33
edited January 2019 in Feedback and Suggestions
Body-blocking is something the devs should really look into fixing because not only does the game become unplayable and therefore unenjoyable, but the only way to progress in a session where bodyblocking is involved is by disconnecting. Why am I being punished (losing pips) because of someone else’s decision to troll?

I’m used to being body blocked by the killer when I’m caught in a corner, but what happened in a session earlier today is something I need to highlight.

Logged into a session where the Kate was obviously communicating with the killer (Legion). Farmed the first survivor on the hook until he died. She found me and proceeded to chase me around the map, revealing my location to the killer. Anyway, I managed to lose them both. When all the gens were done, Legion body-blocked one exit while the Kate body-blocked the other. Me and the other survivor left in the game were helpless and didn’t know what to do. They didn’t budge for 30 minutes (I counted). As soon as me and the other survivor disconnected, the Kate opens the escape door and runs out. :/ 

How is this fair? :( Also, I’m fairly new to the forums and would appreciate any help on how to report the players that were involved in this. Thank you!

Comments

• Shad03
    Shad03 Member Posts: 3,732

This is a bannable offense I'm sure. This isn't fair and the two should be reported.

• Crizpen
    Crizpen Member Posts: 129

@saiisam Teaming with the killer is an offense that you should report. For instance, AngryPug was streaming a match once, while he was drinking and screwing around, helped the killer kill all the survivors. He wasn't communicating with the killer, but through his actions, teamed with the killer to the detriment of the other survivors. He got a 24 hour suspension for it.

Don't get me wrong, this isn't a commentary on Pug, I'm just using it as an example for what happens when survivors team with the killer.

Both the killer and survivor should be reported, and hopefully they'll get their suspension and learn their lesson. If they don't, eventually they'll get banned. If you have the capability, it's also not a bad idea to record the match when you see something like that happening. It seems to have a lot more (and faster) impact if the dev's aren't relying on your accounting of what happened, and have the proof in front of them.

• CronaWins
    CronaWins Member Posts: 650

Bodyblocking is fine. Taking the game hostage is bannable.

• Arroz
    Arroz Member Posts: 1,433

@Shad03 said:
    This is a bannable offense I'm sure. This isn't fair and the two should be reported.

Bodyblocking is not a bannable offense, you should check bannable list..

• CronaWins
    CronaWins Member Posts: 650

@Arroz said:

@Shad03 said:

The title of the post is misleading. Blocking both exit gates so no-one can leave is bannable as it's considered as taking the game hostage. Both players should of been reported.

• Shad03

@Arroz said:

@Shad03 said:

I meant in the context of what the op described. My apologies for not being clear.

• Arroz
    Arroz Member Posts: 1,433

@CronaWins said:

@Arroz said:

@Shad03 said:

The title of the post is misleading. Blocking both exit gates so no-one can leave is bannable as it's considered as taking the game hostage. Both players should of been reported.

@CronaWins said:

@Arroz said:

@Shad03 said:

You mean bodyblock for all the match or help the killer, I think you was talking about body block a hook..

• Shad03

@Arroz said:

@CronaWins said:

@Arroz said:

@Shad03 said:

@CronaWins said:

@Arroz said:

@Shad03 said:

You mean bodyblock for all the match or help the killer, I think you was talking about body block a hook..

To help the killer. If you read the post (I hope you are just misunderstanding me) then the op says that the survivor was working with the killer. Up to the point of the end game where the other two (op and another survivor) had to DC to leave the game.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    edited January 2019

@saiisam said:
    Body-blocking is something the devs should really look into fixing because not only does the game become unplayable and therefore unenjoyable, but the only way to progress in a session where bodyblocking is involved is by disconnecting. Why am I being punished (losing pips) because of someone else’s decision to troll?

I’m used to being body blocked by the killer when I’m caught in a corner, but what happened in a session earlier today is something I need to highlight.

Logged into a session where the Kate was obviously communicating with the killer (Legion). Farmed the first survivor on the hook until he died. She found me and proceeded to chase me around the map, revealing my location to the killer. Anyway, I managed to lose them both. When all the gens were done, Legion body-blocked one exit while the Kate body-blocked the other. Me and the other survivor left in the game were helpless and didn’t know what to do. They didn’t budge for 30 minutes (I counted). As soon as me and the other survivor disconnected, the Kate opens the escape door and runs out. :/ 

How is this fair? :( Also, I’m fairly new to the forums and would appreciate any help on how to report the players that were involved in this. Thank you!

So what is your suggestion?
    You can record the game and send footage to the support

• ParalyKoK
    ParalyKoK Member Posts: 60

Unless its an exploit no ones gonna get banned.
    if its within the mechanics of the game no ones getting banned.
    The devs want more players logged in, not sitting in the Ban-Stands with less log-ins
    the most important part of it. the devs dont really give a damn. lets not forget it. that report button is only therapeutic lol. there to make you feel better. best to just move on and keep playing your favorite game Dead by Daylight.

• Slayer
    Slayer Member Posts: 1,148
    If bodyblocking can be used in some way to help killer it s not a reason to remove that mechanic there are plenty of ways for survivor to help killer friend the issue is working with a killer not mechanic
  • TrAiNwReCk
    TrAiNwReCk Member Posts: 246

Hate to hear you actually had a game like this. Suppose I have been very lucky to dodge such groups.