King of the Shadows: Did they seriously make the worst kind of challenge into a MASTER one?

Malkhrim
Malkhrim Member Posts: 956

This is the worst challenge in a long time, so bad it reminds me of the first three tomes. Nobody likes challenges to "hide within 10 meters of the killer for X seconds", and I usually avoid doing them altogether, leaving them for the last of the last. They are terrible, force you to waste a ridiculous amount of time and possibly throw the game, and are quite slow to complete... and someone had the brilliant idea of making it a MASTER CHALLENGE needed to unlock a lore entry?! Like, for real?! So not only you have to do it to unlock an entry, you also have to do it in a single match. It's literally "throw all your matches by trying to survive for a whole minute near the killer while doing nothing, pray that you complete it at some point".

Devs, please, you should change it immediatly. This challenge makes no sense and does not belong in this game.

Comments

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,962
    edited May 2022

yeah they need to stop doing these tapp had one

• Viskod
    Viskod Member Posts: 854

With how much people complain about camping you’d think sneaking into range of a face camper and just sitting there wouldn’t be that hard.

• Malkhrim
    Malkhrim Member Posts: 956

Oh, there's that too, having to play David. Having to play a specific survivor means you have to do it with whatever perks you have on that one survivor at the time. So, if you don't have Iron Will and other perks useful for stealth on David, too bad... you can't even use that to help you.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,962

big tip is to spam indoor map offerings with this challenge till you get it

• ihateboons
    ihateboons Member Posts: 167

next time i get a similar challenge i'm going to qnq into a locker near them and just cheese it. i hate these challenges

• Satelit
    Satelit Member Posts: 1,377
    edited May 2022

Midwich specifically is the best for it,along with The Game.

• GreenDemo
    GreenDemo Member Posts: 276

The challenge is painful, yes. Funniest thing is, I had a match on The Game where they were looping a killer above me and I was just chilling on a gen. But ofc I didn't cleanse 15 totems so I didn't have the hide challenge active :(. Can't wait to be useless in some match later I guess :/

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279

I hate these challenges. And I am pretty sure they are also bugged either the distance or time spent in hiding isnt counted properly. God damn this challenge

• lewisty
    lewisty Member Posts: 30
    edited June 2022

Second everything that's been said with the exception of what viskod said... you've really missed the point... entirely

Bhvr stop doing this one... this isn't fun, it's a detractor

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,583

I kind of enjoyed that one.

• Barbarossa2020
    Barbarossa2020 Member Posts: 1,369

Just do them after reset or after you've just ranked up. I've wasted more time in game waiting on survs leaving than any hide or chase challenges.

• CakeDuty
    CakeDuty Member Posts: 995

I just think survivor challenges need a big overhaul in general. Most of them encourage a bad playstyle (Hide within 10m of a killer), to make dumb decisions, to compete against your fellow survivors (Unhooks/totems screwing over Boon users), have stupid completion conditions (unhook someone who already unhooked you) or are generally just boring and grindy (complete x amount of gens alone or with coop).

Killers sometimes have to go a little bit out of their way to get challenges done, but still can get it through normal gameplay. Meanwhile survivors, most of the time, have to ignore the main objective to get them done and will be a liability to their team.

• GreyBigfoot
    GreyBigfoot Member Posts: 954

7 co-op generators was more time consuming, because of bad luck and even worse teammates. Took me like 8 games.

But I agree, making the number higher does not make it a better challenge, just artificial difficulty.

• Slowpeach
    Slowpeach Member Posts: 702

A lot of challenges are iffy honestly and basically are 'Throw the game to do this thing'. There's challenging and using unusual perks/items then there's throwing the game. If they are going to do that, make it so you can do them with bots when they enable them for more killers and maps etc.

• DrDeepwound
    DrDeepwound Member Posts: 2,557
    edited June 2022

on killer side too.

Asking killers to run persk like Predator or to hit people with COup De Grace is similar.

Like cool, a perk that procs when gens are completed, not my style of perk at all. At least I am Iri 1 so cant lose pips and just do them

• vanGlasse1
    vanGlasse1 Member Posts: 295

this is absolutely one of the worst and most poorly designed challenges by far

• Xx_Daniel_xX69
    Xx_Daniel_xX69 Member Posts: 214

Yeah, I missed past tomes and I've tried revisiting them and doing them and I don't wanna do the trapper one 😭 how the heck am I supposed to get a survivor to disarm a trap and then capture a surv in said trap after I re open it. Also the hiding and unhook someone who unhooked very annoying in mu opinion.

• ChiSoxFan11
    ChiSoxFan11 Member Posts: 1,093

Any challenge that you're begging for an AFK killer, or you have to throw the match, or you need someone hopelessly outclassed to go against to complete, is a terribly designed challenge.

The fact that they repeated it, and after there was such a negative reaction to it the first time it was a Rift challenge, is a head-scratcher, to be kind.

• Saitamfed
    Saitamfed Member Posts: 1,620

That one is not as hard as the unhook someone who has unhooked you... that one you literally have to throw games and relying on a teammate who is not a blendette.

• DeliciousFood
    DeliciousFood Member Posts: 464

A lot of these challenges are 'throw the game for a few points'. I don't think the challenge designers actually listen to feedback. Hence why blood debt is still around.

• Carrow
    Carrow Member Posts: 500

At least you can do it on the Game legitimately, No Mither on the other hand? Just pray you get a Killer main who actually possess empathy.

• Thrax
    Thrax Member Posts: 974

I never have much trouble with this. Just have to be sneaky about it. Make your first gen make some noise and bail to a sneaky spot at first hint of the killer while staying in range. They don't find you then shadow them to the next gen and work on it when they leave. If they kick then gen and you can tap it before following then you do that.

it isn't the most efficient way to play but you can get stuff done and do the challenge.

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167

This is "evidence" of devs manufacturing the bad plays new players are affiliated with. It's like they are trying to artificially simulate low mmr in matches where players have moved beyond their mistake ridden beginnings.

• spodamayn
    spodamayn Member Posts: 220

That challenge is super easy if you do a jigsaw piece offering. But yeah, those challenges always annoy me too. I wish they'd come up with more new challenges rather than rehash old ones a million times

• kizuati
    kizuati Member Posts: 1,386

This is not even like a "do a glyph that's hard to do" this is literally blend in a corner letting your team die archive. I hate it with a passion.