I want more boon perks. What are your boon perk ideas

Options
dspaceman20
dspaceman20 Member Posts: 4,699

Try and make it balanced but good.

Me personally I want a boon perk that gives extra bloodpoints and increase luck when in the range

Comments

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,714
    Options

It’s hard to think of something else a Boon could do that impacts the match that isn’t already covered by one of the current ones. The only game mechanic I can think of they don’t already boost is speeding up gen repairs, but that could really hard to balance since it would have to shave off more than 14 seconds from gen repairs to be worth it which is pretty significant. It feels like it would be too swingy.

• MikaelaWantsYourBoon
    MikaelaWantsYourBoon Member Posts: 6,564
    Options

Boon: Rabbit Trap

Whenever killer snuff boon totem, they will stun and blind for 3/3,5/4 seconds.

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564
    edited June 2022
    Options

Boon: Last Chance

While on death hook if your hooked near this boon you'll get a 3rd hook state that lasts 6/8/10 seconds.

• Icaurs
    Icaurs Member Posts: 542
    Options

Boon recharge: while in a boon range, items naturally recover, time is dependent on balance.

Boon exhaustion: While a killer is in a boon effects, killer's powers take longer to be used (time dependent on balance).

Boon magic voice: While a killer is in the range of a boon they hear survivor's groans of pains. This perk will have no actual affect on the UI.

• Barbarossa2020
    Barbarossa2020 Member Posts: 1,353
    Options

Could have one that slows down hook progression.

I think most of these are moot until stomping becomes baseline rather than a bandaid perk fix.

• CakeDuty
    CakeDuty Member Posts: 994
    Options

Boon: Indestructible: You don't bleed or make any injury noise while within the boon. The effects persists for 2/3/4 seconds after leaving the area. Pair it up with Shadow Step for the ultimate sneaky build.

Boon: Iron Strength: Recover from status effects 50% faster. Recover from the Exhaustion status effect at 50% of the usual speed while running. The effects persists for 2/3/4 seconds after leaving the area.

Since having Boons affecting gen speeds is a big no-no, I just thought of these two possible effects that wouldn't be game breaking, but still very strong.

• Sepex
    Sepex Member Posts: 1,408
    Options

I got nothin'

• KerJuice
    KerJuice Member Posts: 1,851
    Options

Boon: Reincarnated- when snuffed out, boon will relight itself within 30 secs without any sound notification, once per trial, and can not be snuffed out (blocked by entity) for 2 mins. Any other boon status’ associated with snuffed boon, will return when boon is relit. Also 50/75/100% BP for any objective completed within boon’s aura

• AnnoyingNarrator
    AnnoyingNarrator Member Posts: 222
    Options

Boon: Eye in the Sky

When in the range of the boon,

• Aura reading perks have +X meters.
    • Killer Aura is revealed for 5 second after hitting a survivor

When the killer destroys the boon, their aura is revealed for 5 seconds

• Chilli_man2400
    Chilli_man2400 Member Posts: 2,882
    Options

Boon: Carryon

When in the boon totem range. Survivors wiggle out of the killers grasp 40/45/50% faster. Increases killer sway by 100%.

Boon: you can’t hide forever

When the killer is within the boon range there aura is revealed to you. When the killer snuffs the totem. His aura is revealed to everyone for 5/6/7 seconds.

• Notionless
    Notionless Member Posts: 243
    edited June 2022
    Options

this seems really interesting. I like this bc it works especially well with the other boons that only work when the killer is around. its better with exponential than with coh. but id have it like this:

When the killers snuffs this boon, he gets stunned for 3/4/5 sec.

• Pepsidot
    Pepsidot Member Posts: 1,659
    edited June 2022
    Options
    • Boon 1: Any survivors aura within the boon radius is revealed to all survivors. If the killer is within the boon's radius, their aura is revealed for 3 seconds for every 30 seconds they are within it.
    • Boon 2: Dropped items within the boon's radius will recharge over time excluding toolboxes (too op i guess nvm)
    • Boon 3: You are unaffected from the blindness, exposed, hindered, hemorrhage, incapacitated, mangled and oblivious status effects when within the boons radius. (Leaving the boon's radius will re-enable all of the status effects for as much time as they have left, if any)
    • Boon 4: Every 60 seconds, a randomly chosen dropped pallet within the boon's radius will reset it to its upright position. (too good on The Game?)

To be honest most of these sound very OP if all survivors use them and they are around the entire map. But the same could be said about current boons like Shadow step, so I'm not sure really.

• SimplyPixelated06
    SimplyPixelated06 Member Posts: 469
    edited June 2022
    Options

It would be cool to have a trap boon, sort of like how there's haunted grounds for killer, when the killer snuffs a boon they could get some sort of negative effect for a certain amount of time. Probably wouldn't be too useful, but could be fun for meme builds.

• JohnWick1654
    JohnWick1654 Member Posts: 509
    Options

Something with a situational/insignificant effect over large area

Like 1,2,3% faster gens repair

• Annso_x
    Annso_x Member Posts: 1,611
    Options

I don't think these are too op tbh here's my thoughts on each of them:

Boon 1: Basically boon: kindred, it doesn't seem op at all. Good for solo q, no point for swf to bring 4 of them (or even 1 tbh) when they can just tell their friends where they are.

Boon 2: if the effect works only once per item it wouldn't be op. If 4 ppl bring it they'd need to wait for the item to reload + 14s blessing so it would really not be op; build to last would still be much better

Boon 3: good but very situational, i don't think anyone cares enough about status effect to bring 4 of them

Boon 4: Definitely not op, this one sounds actually really weak tbh. There's like 2 pallets max within the boon's radius, and you'd have to wait 60 seconds for one of them to be reset, assuming the killer didn't break the pallet or snuff the boon (unless ppl bless a totem after the pallet was dropped, in which case spending 14s blessing + waiting 60s is literally not worth it when Any means necessary exist and is better bc it has aura reading. One person with any means necessary could do a better job at reseting pallets than 4 of these boons.

• MrPeanutbutter
    MrPeanutbutter Member Posts: 1,586
    Options

Boon: Reverse Ruin. While the boon totem is active, all generators not being repaired by survivors automatically self-repair at 100/150/200% of the normal repair speed.

• Chocolate_Cosmos
    Chocolate_Cosmos Member Posts: 5,421
    Options

There are so many ideas that sound either OP or unfun to play againts... :-(

• Maelstrom808
    Maelstrom808 Member Posts: 684
    Options

Lol, boon goes up and 40 seconds later the gates are powered...seems fine.