Is the game only going more downhill?

Options

I mean: look at the massive bugs they released during this patch. Many people stopped playing or are playing less these days and it’s kinda sad that they don’t anything about it. BHVR seriously needs to do something about it and change the gameplay. Doing gens and escaping every game is getting really boring.. why did you have to change the Hatch?

What do you miss the most that the devs nerfed it to the ground? For me, (I always equipped Plunderer since it’s really fun to find useful items). It was so fun to run Plunderer and escape with someone during Solo Q/SWF, but the devs decided to nerf it and makes it really not worth it to bring it since your wasting time for your team.

It’s really sad that most of the players (including my friends) stopped playing since the game lacks of events as well.. login every day is still not worth it for them to come back. Please do something BHVR!

Comments

• Array
    Array Member Posts: 3
    Options

I'd play more if there was a way to earn auric cells by playing but the progression ######### sucks, i can't even buy them since Epic is bugged as ######### so yeah the game is boring with just the starter killers. I came back only for the Ring update but now i think i'll drop it again.

• Cybil
    Cybil Member Posts: 1,164
    Options

Everything was going uphill until MMR hit. I think it's going uphill again with the new features that they're adding. Load-out slots are already a huge qol change.

• amazing_grace
    amazing_grace Member Posts: 734
    Options

They have iridescent shards that you can earn while playing which is "free" in-game money you can earn. They let you buy all their original characters, sooooo they already have a system for that.

• Cybil
    Cybil Member Posts: 1,164
    Options

I think I agree. I didn't get into dbd until the silent hill chapter but from what I can tell the game used to be a much more casual experience from what it is now. The game is in an awkward limbo that's closer closer to comp play but still has remnants of the more casual design philosophy. Using a fun build on both sides is likely to get you an uphill battle against opponents who just want to win. Once we get the 40 perk reworks I think that fun builds and killers will be safer to use.

• Laurie268
    Laurie268 Member Posts: 563
    Options

I wish they would give us green/purple offerings that bring us to the old versions of Coldwind, Macmillan and Autohaven

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295
    Options
  • Array
    Options
  • amazing_grace
    Options

That's fair, but if you are bored with just the free killers the game comes with, they do have a way for you to earn new killers through playtime. Debatably, their original killers are more fun to play than their licensed killers anyway (a lot of licensed killers are weak or having "boring" mechanics). I wouldn't expect a company to give out their licensed characters for free (since they have contracts to keep).

• Dito175
    Dito175 Member Posts: 1,391
    Options

I only agree on the og maps fog, those maps were ugly as hell before their reworks

• Array
    Options

Well perhaps they're fun but i never used any of them so can't really say, i only care to try the licensed ones for obvious reasons. I'd be willing to pay too since frankly they're all very cheap but i did the stupid mistake to play this on Epic Games, crippling myself in the process. I'm trying to find a way to migrate my progress to steam then i'll be able to buy and try all the killers i want.

• Mat_Sella
    Mat_Sella Member Posts: 3,545
    Options

this game wouldve been dead a long time ago without SWF

• rvzrvzrvz
    rvzrvzrvz Member Posts: 939
    Options

Biggest issue for me is solo queue, solo survivor experience is terrible it's 2-3 good games out of 10... playing killer is too easy against randoms and too hard against SWF, everything is unbalanced tbh it's not very fun

• amazing_grace
    Options

Good luck! I know the process can be annoying trying to get everything moved over, but at least it's a possible task to do between Epic and Steam (just a headache). That's really annoying that Epic doesn't work with the Cells, but once you transfer to Steam, there are some nice sales for the licensed characters. (I've acquired all of them, besides the newest, when they go 50% off)

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,903
    Options

I'd say its still good just not as good as it was two years ago.

Definitely feels more unfun/unfriendly competitive than it did, probably due to how the MMR works now.

The thing I miss about the old rank system is you could play a full game, even get some kills, and still hold your rank around a comfortable green/purp casual fun spot. You'd always get a few mismatches but for the most part it worked.

Now if you die as survivor you downward spiral into selfish teammate MMR hell where you just keep dying and everyone is out for number one because escape means consistently better team mates at higher MMR so you go for it and damn everyone else.

This higher MMR usually comes with mismatched killers who are bumped up in MMR due to queue times making for a lot of steamroll games with good teammates if you can get there. Till you peak into the Nurse/Blight sweats (now with excessive cheating yay).

While killer MMR feels like, 4k new players at 5 gens for 2 games, then lose 10 games straight so you can get back to 4k'ing new players. Very few "balanced" feeling games in between. It really hasn't improved even with all the testing.

"doing gens and escaping is getting boring" That's what players wanted. Powerful 1v1 game minimising team interaction and hence player interaction. Hell is sometimes getting what you asked for.

The player base is just as unpleasant as its always been so no change there really.

I miss old ebony moris, yeah I get why they were changed, being eliminated in 2mins isn't great for a PVP game, but they made the game scary and I miss them.

The original killers are pretty fun and free with shards so you should try em, Trapper is basically Jason. I get it though I play DBD because of the Halloween chapter mostly.