The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Tips for console nurse

GrootDude
GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110
edited January 2019 in General Discussions

If possible can any console nurses give me some tips on learning her (or pc players) any tip helps.

Comments

• metalmelterb
    metalmelterb Member Posts: 5

Yeah good luck on console. Ive tried and tried to get better with nurse on PS4, very difficult. Only time I even feel I did halfway decent was on the Gideon/ saw map. Have only played against one person who was truly good with nurse. That's why when you do see her on console its usually someone doing daily ritual for blink/ hits, and is normally a very easy game.

• GrootDude
    edited January 2019

@metalmelterb said:
    Yeah good luck on console. Ive tried and tried to get better with nurse on PS4, very difficult. Only time I even feel I did halfway decent was on the Gideon/ saw map. Have only played against one person who was truly good with nurse. That's why when you do see her on console its usually someone doing daily ritual for blink/ hits, and is normally a very easy game.

Yeah I’ve seen some good nurses I’m still gonna try to learn her though :chuffed:

• LCGaster
    LCGaster Member Posts: 3,154

I don't have any tips because I have to learn her as well. But once you start you must not give up, keep playing, keep training. Nurse is all about muscle memory, so the more you play as her the better you will get. Also play a lot of survivor to understand some tactics they might use, and use those against them.

• AussieYato
    AussieYato Member Posts: 14

Ardetha on youtube has an ultimate nurse guide which I found pretty helpful to learning nurse, I have written this before on an fb group for dbd but couldn't find it so will give you what I've got, rank 1 killer p2 nurse and staying p2 because her purple addons aren't really worth it least to me.

A lot of people will tell you don't play with addons while learning as they will mess you up, me personally it was hell playing without addons just stupid. It's up to you which way you tip on this, "Plaid Flannel" is a great addon while you are learning nurse if you have anyone you can kyf with run this to get an understanding of how blinks work, the more you look up the further your blink goes etc, when I was first getting a grip on nurse I ran 3 blink nurse, it gave me that one extra blink for if I made a mistake or needed to be a little bit closer to land a hit, downside of more blinks is more fatigue as you will have probably found if you have tried her for a few matches, also lunging without connecting a hit will fatigue you longer so try not to panic and lunge if you don't think its going to connect.

perk wise shadow born and bloodhound off wraith are great while you are learning nurse, greater field of view is very helpful and if you lose survivors line of sight the glowing blood is very helpful to figure out where they went to.

Nurse is very much about predicting survivors pathing, if you have played other killers for awhile you gain a better understanding of what most survivors are likely to do, if they try to treat nurse like a normal killer more often than not they lose the chase, your worst enemies are thin walls with easy access to dip around (Never bother with grim pantry, iron works of misery top area, yamoka estate house till you are confident), cars, tyres, trees etc any nuisance that can be a quick gap between you and a certain hit and full corn maps because you rely so much on sight.

As for console the main problem I find is not being able to rotate the camera very quickly, if a survivor drops a pallet and contests it even if I blink over it by the time I rotate the camera around I miss the hit, best to either bait blinking over and hope they fall into your arms or break the pallet and move on, this is one case where on pc I notice a lot of easy hits gained that console can't replicate.

Killer shack is another area that can be a nuisance till you are used to it but like cars I find blinking to a corner then using the second blink to make the distance on a survivor helps, they tend to run around the outside of the structure, anyone who uses the window makes a big mistake and I usually grab them off the window before they complete the animation or smack.

When you figure out how blinks will land you need to blink ahead of where they are going not to them in order to be there by the time the blink finishes, slowly ween yourself off certain crutches like bloodhound or 3 blink etc.

My console nurse atm runs both long range addons, love them so much map travel, perks : BBQ&Chilli, Shadowborn, Nurses, Make Your Choice. I'm not very happy with how it feels on console without shadowborn, my sight feels too limited. You will have god like matches at times where it feels so rewarding and satisfying, such a rush when learning pays off, and you will have matches that make you want to dc, full corn map for me is utter crap, yamoka estate where everyone runs around the house, iron works of misery they love running up the top in difficult to blink places, if you get there and they fall off easy blink down and slap but certain railing areas I have blinked basically nowhere or outside the structure while looking up trying, very annoying. It all takes time and practice with nurse and learning, muscle memory. Hopefully something in this helps :)

• AussieYato

Just remember survivors patterns and behaviours, each match you may find people do different things, learn to anticipate if they will run towards you as you blink long and bait a long blink by looking down before you blink and making it shorter, learn what structures require you to herd the survivor to a certain spot to get the hit where you can blink easier i.e t walls if you can bait them to run around the outside part of the t and get a blink before they get around it, move your camera while blinking to allow you to see more in the middle of a blink or control/navigate your next move while in blink. zig and zag your blinks when searching for survivors and set yourself up for a certain hit wherever possible, don't always blink where the survivor is, blink where they might be heading and cut them off and slap before they get the turn around. practice.. lots and lots of practice, still have your bad matches and good matches, and god like ones feel amazing thrive for those to happen.

• GrootDude

@AussieYato said:
    Ardetha on youtube has an ultimate nurse guide which I found pretty helpful to learning nurse, I have written this before on an fb group for dbd but couldn't find it so will give you what I've got, rank 1 killer p2 nurse and staying p2 because her purple addons aren't really worth it least to me.

A lot of people will tell you don't play with addons while learning as they will mess you up, me personally it was hell playing without addons just stupid. It's up to you which way you tip on this, "Plaid Flannel" is a great addon while you are learning nurse if you have anyone you can kyf with run this to get an understanding of how blinks work, the more you look up the further your blink goes etc, when I was first getting a grip on nurse I ran 3 blink nurse, it gave me that one extra blink for if I made a mistake or needed to be a little bit closer to land a hit, downside of more blinks is more fatigue as you will have probably found if you have tried her for a few matches, also lunging without connecting a hit will fatigue you longer so try not to panic and lunge if you don't think its going to connect.

perk wise shadow born and bloodhound off wraith are great while you are learning nurse, greater field of view is very helpful and if you lose survivors line of sight the glowing blood is very helpful to figure out where they went to.

Nurse is very much about predicting survivors pathing, if you have played other killers for awhile you gain a better understanding of what most survivors are likely to do, if they try to treat nurse like a normal killer more often than not they lose the chase, your worst enemies are thin walls with easy access to dip around (Never bother with grim pantry, iron works of misery top area, yamoka estate house till you are confident), cars, tyres, trees etc any nuisance that can be a quick gap between you and a certain hit and full corn maps because you rely so much on sight.

As for console the main problem I find is not being able to rotate the camera very quickly, if a survivor drops a pallet and contests it even if I blink over it by the time I rotate the camera around I miss the hit, best to either bait blinking over and hope they fall into your arms or break the pallet and move on, this is one case where on pc I notice a lot of easy hits gained that console can't replicate.

Killer shack is another area that can be a nuisance till you are used to it but like cars I find blinking to a corner then using the second blink to make the distance on a survivor helps, they tend to run around the outside of the structure, anyone who uses the window makes a big mistake and I usually grab them off the window before they complete the animation or smack.

When you figure out how blinks will land you need to blink ahead of where they are going not to them in order to be there by the time the blink finishes, slowly ween yourself off certain crutches like bloodhound or 3 blink etc.

My console nurse atm runs both long range addons, love them so much map travel, perks : BBQ&Chilli, Shadowborn, Nurses, Make Your Choice. I'm not very happy with how it feels on console without shadowborn, my sight feels too limited. You will have god like matches at times where it feels so rewarding and satisfying, such a rush when learning pays off, and you will have matches that make you want to dc, full corn map for me is utter crap, yamoka estate where everyone runs around the house, iron works of misery they love running up the top in difficult to blink places, if you get there and they fall off easy blink down and slap but certain railing areas I have blinked basically nowhere or outside the structure while looking up trying, very annoying. It all takes time and practice with nurse and learning, muscle memory. Hopefully something in this helps :)

Thank you!!! I’m fairly good at blinks and I’m trying to get MYC I already have ruin and bbq and the other perk I want is discordance. :)

• GrootDude
  • AussieYato

Discordance or tinkerer can also be good while learning just to slow things down a little bit, you can spook them off a gen thats nearly complete with tinkerer and buy some practice time, lets face it on console survivors love them gens when its a nurse and tag team a lot lol happy to help, watching nurse game play and how others deal with certain areas helped me a lot :) Tru3Talent and Ardetha do some really good nurse plays

• KiraElijah
    KiraElijah Member Posts: 1,187

As a wise @Master told me, have something to hit and accept defeat on Lery’s

• thekiller490490
    thekiller490490 Member Posts: 1,164
    TreemanXD said:

If possible can any console nurses give me some tips on learning her (or pc players) any tip helps.

Set 80-100 sensitivity
    Just keep practicing