Whats your event opinion and how are you going with it?

Options

I mostly like this event, but the problem is that most like nobody will unhook you if you are solo player because people is focused on gen rushing.

Anyway, i already got 4 coins and i need 20 more points for the 5th one (i bought the feng outfit + huntress suit, now i'm going for her pig head).

Comments

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,632
    Options

@MaxiferPriest said:
    this even is extra ######### for killers. it's sooooo stupid that killers got shafted like that, since they get waaaaaay less points per game then survivors. they need to buff points for killer cuz it's stupid rn

Because every Survivor gets the most amount of points... And the Survivor that dies with 4 Gens left got 4 points, way to strong...
    Sigh...

@Topic:
    I like the event, but I would like to have more Envelopes. I only play one Character, Level 50, and I only get an Envelope every 2 or 3 games.
    Will try to go for all cosmetics, but Feng would be the Number 1 to get.

• MaxiferPriest
    MaxiferPriest Member Posts: 189
    Options

@DelsKibara said:
    This is utterly terrible for both sides.
    It takes ages to get games as Survivor, and even then, you will get matched with the sweatiest killers you've ever seen. And it is hell for anyone who wants to play Killer casually.

Frankly, this event is just hell for people who are not interested in the cosmetics like me.

why will u get matched with the sweatiest killers and why q times are really really long? cuz this even is terrible for killers and noone wants to play killer. So a killer just got 3 kills and destroyed 2 lanterns and got only 2 more points than survivors. Good job BHVR! buff killer points and there will be no q times, more killers playing nice...

• HawkAyeTheNoo
    HawkAyeTheNoo Member Posts: 731
    Options
    Might take a break for 2 weeks. Im 60k for one envelope. Killers DCing at the end, losing everything. Survivors not making saves, more interested in rushing gens. Lobby waiting times worse because theyve screwed over the killers with points. These events sure do bring out the worst. 
  • tt_ivi_99
    tt_ivi_99 Member Posts: 1,463
    Options
    Killers should get 20 points when they get 4 kills.
  • Gorgonia
    Gorgonia Member Posts: 1,607
    Options
    Might take a break for 2 weeks. Im 60k for one envelope. Killers DCing at the end, losing everything. Survivors not making saves, more interested in rushing gens. Lobby waiting times worse because theyve screwed over the killers with points. These events sure do bring out the worst. 
    Last night I played around 6 games. 2 killers DC once we opened the gates. We got no bps, no event points, envelopes wasted.
  • BACKSTABBER
    BACKSTABBER Member Posts: 1,809
    Options

@Axelson said:
    I mostly like this event, but the problem is that most like nobody will unhook you if you are solo player because people is focused on gen rushing.

Anyway, i already got 4 coins and i need 20 more points for the 5th one (i bought the feng outfit + huntress suit, now i'm going for her pig head).

i feel completely not motivated, I dont have feng ming neither the argentinian guy, never play huntress so it is worthless

they better add a single cosmetic for every surv or killer next time

• terrortil
    terrortil Member Posts: 78
    Options

I do not know why they try again and again to bring competition among the survivors. Fight over the plants then, fight over the vessels now. Without enough offerings, someone goes out empty-handed always.

In the Halloween event, people killed themselves when the vials were full. Now people are leaving the game as soon as possible and take no risks in lategame. Give the survivors a objective they can do together and that benefits everyone equally.

I would also like to know who came up with the idea of giving killers a second objective and at the same time to motivate survivors to leave the game as soon as possible. It's not that time management has always been a critical point for killers.

• HawkAyeTheNoo
    Options
    Gorgonia said:
    Last night I played around 6 games. 2 killers DC once we opened the gates. We got no bps, no event points, envelopes wasted.
    Its crazy and theres no punishment for them doing so unless theyve been DCing a lot. Like i said im 50k-60k for an envelope, killer DCs and im another 50k-60k for another envelope thats 100k-120k with no event progress hoping that the next killer doesnt DC aswell. They were warned this would happen but they dont seem to care. 
  • JawsIsTheNextKiller
    JawsIsTheNextKiller Member Posts: 3,354
    Options

I've been sacrificed every single game as survivor. I've over-pipped myself.

• Rex_Huin
    Rex_Huin Member Posts: 1,208
    Options

Playing killer how are you supposed to find the lantern after you hook someone???

Seems very tough - am I missing something?

• Laakeri
    Laakeri Member Posts: 835
    Options
    Complete sh*tshow. Few people only want to play killer for obvious reasons. And those who do will bring strongest addons to combat toxic genrush CWF's.

Dont feel like playing killer and solo survi is nightmare.
  • se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919
    Options

@Rex_Huin said:
    Playing killer how are you supposed to find the lantern after you hook someone???

Hook someone. Run blindly around the level and hope you see the vessel that the hooked survivor used and break it before the survivor's saved. Since you abandon the hook right away, the survivor's gonna get saved almost instantly.

• terrortil
    Options

@Rex_Huin said:

Find and remember the spots mid game. Vessels always spawn in their original place after you hooked a
    survivor holding one. You try to keep track of which ones are destroyed, which ones are currently taken and which ones are still on their spot.

• terrortil
    Options

@se05239 said:
    ... and hope you see the vessel that the hooked survivor used and break it before the survivor's saved.

You don't have to find that exact vessel.

• Rex_Huin
    Rex_Huin Member Posts: 1,208
    Options
    terrortil said:

@se05239 said:
    ... and hope you see the vessel that the hooked survivor used and break it before the survivor's saved.

You don't have to find that exact vessel.

Really is that so? That helps a lot.

• MaxiferPriest
    Options

it's just a ######### design for the killers that's why i'm gonna stick to survivor until i have my 6 coins that i want

• HawkAyeTheNoo
    Options
    Lets not forget the scumbag survivors running bond trying to sandbag you intentionly, but you manage to juke, he gets caught and you go over and tbag him repeatedly until he dies. Events great. 
  • George_Soros
    George_Soros Member Posts: 2,270
    Options

Like it a lot, although it's frustrating: not enough offerings (that's the biggest problem I think), and even when there are a few, it's hard to find those damn vessels in the short time while someone is hooked. As survivor too, it's infuriating when I get hooked while carrying, especially when nearing endgame.
    But I always say, this game is good exactly because it can drive us maaaaaaaaaaaaad.

And let's not forget, more than previous events, this one offers of a chance to play normally.

And finally, there's all those clowns shrieking about how incompetent devs are, how their lives are utterly ruined because of this horrible event, how they'll never play again... such a joy to watch :)

• slipttees
    slipttees Member Posts: 846
    edited January 2019
    Options

Very weak event.

1. I would add double XP.
    2. Vessel BP Bonuses.
    3. Dbd is becoming Fornite (cosmetic, cosmetic, cosmetic) only the dances are missing!
    4. Now every update we have problems with the game
    Post edited by slipttees on
  • micsan
    micsan Member Posts: 95
    Options

They need to give out as many envelopes as they did pustulas for starters, maybe it's just that I was so new when the halloween event started and didn't have any 50 characters and got them faster...

But it doesn't help the fact that people change the way they play, the amount of SC+UE I've seen is too damn high.

People sit on gens and let you go through multiple hook phases way to often right now. Fixing 5 gens gives 10 points while escaping with one lantern gives you 25, massive incentive to play selfish.

I'm not a huge fan of this event.

• malloymk
    malloymk Member Posts: 1,542
    Options
    I'm not getting credit for all my points as a survivor. So not a fan really.
  • HawkAyeTheNoo
    Options
    Just had my 3rd killer of the day dc soon as exit gates pop, a 4 blink nurse with noed. Noed but still DCs. Its fun though right. Im burning zero envelopes from now on, not worth it. Playing normal. 
  • MaxiferPriest
    Options

@micsan said:
    They need to give out as many envelopes as they did pustulas for starters, maybe it's just that I was so new when the halloween event started and didn't have any 50 characters and got them faster...

But it doesn't help the fact that people change the way they play, the amount of SC+UE I've seen is too damn high.

People sit on gens and let you go through multiple hook phases way to often right now. Fixing 5 gens gives 10 points while escaping with one lantern gives you 25, massive incentive to play selfish.

doing 5 gens gives u 20 points not 10 ;)

• micsan
    micsan Member Posts: 95
    Options

@MaxiferPriest said:

@micsan said:

Oh, you get 4 pts per gen? my bad, 20 then... but point still applies in regards to escape with one lantern = better then fixing all gens.

It was still bugged when I played last night so didn't get any progress anyway! :angry:

• Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647
    Options
    Gen rushing has always been a thing..... from what I've seen the event looks fun.... killer is fine..... if you guys had the option between doing an event with friends or playing killer would you honestly play killer over having fun and enjoying an event with a friend? That's honestly what I feel has happened here 
  • SlothGirly
    SlothGirly Member Posts: 1,146
    Options

I mean, I'm not having any issues with the event, I'm just playing the game and the points come naturaly, I found trying to go for the event as a killer just hindered my effectiveness. So I've just been playing normaly and so far so good.

• will_i_am_14_85
    will_i_am_14_85 Member Posts: 489
    Options

I won't be grinding for the coins, and seeing as I hear killer queues are instant, I think I will just play killer, get my 4 stacks of BBQ and let survivors leave with there lanterns.

• SH1FTY423
    SH1FTY423 Member Posts: 85
    Options
    It's finally working for Survivor and killer so I'll play both now that it's sorted Good Job Guys 4 real.its fun.
  • ReikoMori
    ReikoMori Member Posts: 3,333
    Options

I have the issue of being queued with people who have no desire to do the event and plus limited offerings means it is difficult to get points. Plus I got screwed over when the event started because event progress was bugged. I scored a hundred points that I never got a coin for do their mistakes. I actually want all the stuff so I will keep playing, but this could be better. I don't see why BHVR are seeming obsessed with unnecessary grinds during events.

• AshleyWB
    AshleyWB Member Posts: 4,061
    Options
    My issue is with survivor teammates who think they can hide all game waiting for the hatch to appear when someone else does the gens. The annoying part is that they are rewarded for doing this.
  • HawkAyeTheNoo
    Options
    ReikoMori said:

I have the issue of being queued with people who have no desire to do the event and plus limited offerings means it is difficult to get points. Plus I got screwed over when the event started because event progress was bugged. I scored a hundred points that I never got a coin for do their mistakes. I actually want all the stuff so I will keep playing, but this could be better. I don't see why BHVR are seeming obsessed with unnecessary grinds during events.

People not wanting to do the event doesnt effect you, still grab your lantern and do your gens. Im not putting up envelopes anymore so wont touch lanterns but will still do the gens and make saves like normal. 
  • weirdkid5
    weirdkid5 Member Posts: 2,144
    edited January 2019
    Options

@Laakeri said:
    Complete sh*tshow. Few people only want to play killer for obvious reasons. And those who do will bring strongest addons to combat toxic genrush CWF's.

Dont feel like playing killer and solo survi is nightmare.

Sounds to me like fun as a solo Survivor. It's about time I got some challenging matches.

Killer mains, ignore this guy. Please bring your strongest (items) into this no-frills battle. I need a reason to play this game as it is far too easy currently.

• RoKrueger
    RoKrueger Member Posts: 1,371
    Options

this even is extra ######### for killers. it's sooooo stupid that killers got shafted like that, since they get waaaaaay less points per game then survivors. they need to buff points for killer cuz it's stupid rn

When I play as killer I get more event points than the survivors. I think is fine
  • RoKrueger
    Options
    slipttees said:

Very weak event.

1. I would add double XP.
    2. Vessel BP Bonuses.
    3. Dbd is becoming Fornite (cosmetic, cosmetic, cosmetic) only the dances are missing!
    4. Now every update we have problems with the game
    Dances would be nice
  • slipttees
    slipttees Member Posts: 846
    Options

@RoKrueger said:
    slipttees said:

Very weak event.

* I would add double XP.
    * Vessel BP Bonuses.
    * Dbd is becoming Fornite (cosmetic, cosmetic, cosmetic) only the dances are missing!
    * Now every update we have problems with the game

Dances would be nice

Mauhauhauhauhauha

• RepliCant
    RepliCant Member Posts: 1,436
    Options

I got paid today.

So, I'm going to the dispensary, buying a big bag o' weed, smoking that ######### and loading up DBD.

Why? So I don't get stressed out while playing this goddamn event.

• MaxiferPriest
    Options

@micsan said:

@MaxiferPriest said:

@micsan said:

Oh, you get 4 pts per gen? my bad, 20 then... but point still applies in regards to escape with one lantern = better then fixing all gens.

It was still bugged when I played last night so didn't get any progress anyway! :angry:

even if you do 0 gens and ur team mates do 2-5 you still get those gen points

• starkiller1286
    starkiller1286 Member Posts: 889
    Options
    Since I haven't played till hallowed blight I deranked to 20 though I'd rather have actual games nothing interested me over Christmas and they just now kinda fixed the infinite loading issue. So I got one coin in about an hour with 3 survivor games and several killer ones.
  • twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291
    edited January 2019
    Options
    It's good they are trying different objectives for the overall game but I don't think an event is where it should be done.

The best events have been done on hooks and gens for a couple of reasons, the coins we got were easier to get and you felt like you got rewarded and the survivors and killers could work together to help each other out.

Some people complained it ruined the normal game being bah humbug but it was a nice change from the usual toxic nature of the game and made it some what friendly and people often thanked each other at the end.

Pitting the sides against each other like this doesn't feel like a great idea imo, when your game is so toxic most of the year maybe dont breed even more of it with an event when you can instead have people playing for fun with a common goal instead.
  • fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388
    Options

@starkiller1286 said:
    Since I haven't played till hallowed blight I deranked to 20 though I'd rather have actual games nothing interested me over Christmas and they just now kinda fixed the infinite loading issue. So I got one coin in about an hour with 3 survivor games and several killer ones.

That is a shame you missed the holiday event. The bloodweb mystery boxes were great no matter which side you played.

• RoKrueger
    Options
    killers could work together to help each other out.

...you can instead have people playing for fun with a common goal instead.
    I absolutely loved those type of events where in some matches the survivors expected we would help each other get the most points. Some would even come running at me with open arms..... I used to slaughter every last one of them, crush their dreams, spit on their trust, laugh at their cries of "But we should have worked toghether  >_<" hahaha. Good times  :)
  • Zanely89
    Zanely89 Member Posts: 134
    edited January 2019
    Options

I mainly play survivor but the queue time is much longer than usual. Got into 3~4 lobbies, each queue time is about 5 minutes (normal queue time for me is at most 1 minute before the event), with 300~600 ping.

I got no choice but to switch it up and play killer. I rarely play killer so my killer sir at R17, get an instant lobby paired with 3 R15 and 1 R20. Got totally destroyed by that team of good loopers with flashlight adrenaline decisive. Refuse to leave when the door open and run me around the jungle gym in front of the door for another few minutes. Until they feel satisfy enough running me around then flashlight clicks all the way to the exit. I know I just have to git gud though, what else I can do?

Yeah, I think I will take a break and play some other game for awhile.

• fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388
    Options

@Zanely89 said:
    I mainly play survivor but the queue time is much longer than usual. Got into 3~4 lobbies, each queue time is about 5 minutes (normal queue time for me is at most 1 minute before the event), with 300~600 ping.

I got no choice but to switch it up and play killer. I rarely play killer so my killer sir at R17, get an instant lobby paired with 3 R15 and 1 R20. Got totally destroyed by that team of good loopers with flashlight adrenaline decisive. Refuse to leave when the door open and run me around the jungle gym in front of the door for another few minutes. Until they feel satisfy enough running me around then flashlight clicks all the way to the exit. I know I just have to git gud though, what else I can do?

Yeah, I think I will take a break and play some other game for awhile.

All your games won't be like that. The more experience you have with loops and which chases to break off the better off you will be. You may also not have the builds you need on your killers since you don't invest as much time playing killer. It is frustrating at times don't take it personal but it can also be rewarding when you wipe out a lobby of clickers and DS that think they are something.