Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Dredge is so boring to play against..

How come you never make a new Killer that isn’t totally lame to play against? The Nightfall is just terrible and the Killer is just not it. What do you guys think about it? You like playing against Dredge every single game or you also hate going against him?

Comments

• Huge_Bush
    Huge_Bush Member Posts: 5,303

He’s fun to verse. The jump scares he can do when you don’t realize you’re next to a locker are great. My only problem is lack of variety because he’s all I seem to face.

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,266

I find Dredge is fun to play against, but Nightfall effect is so uncomfortable to face at least 4 times per match.

I hope they would remove or reduce the darken effect, but keep the FOV low.

• MikaelaWantsYourBoon
    MikaelaWantsYourBoon Member Posts: 6,564

He is okey. I can take him more instead Twins, Trickster and Hag.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

I don't find him very challenging to verse.

He's basically just a budget Artist. If he places his Remnant, hold W. Rinse and repeat ad nauseum.

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,610

I love going against him.

He is also pretty fun to play.

• M4dBoOmr
    M4dBoOmr Member Posts: 598
    edited June 2022

wait until the Meta Perk nerf coming this year, hopefully you will find challenge again.

and just because you have 10000 hours in dbd not everything easy for you, is BAD or Boring for others, you just became too good to have fun with the game 😉

You are propably 0,1% of the playerbase.

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759

Still have not played against one....

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,302

Only faced him once and I was tunnelled out lol. Really wanna face him on game or Lerys.

• Sepex
    Sepex Member Posts: 1,451

I don't find the Nightfall hard to navigate at all. Anyone else? (No settings changed).

• Kaitsja
    Kaitsja Member Posts: 1,833

I'm on PS4 and have zero trouble navigating the Nightfall.

Personally, I like playing against Dredge. I'm actually having fun against this killer. His anti-loop has counters that aren't just hold w. His teleporting is unique and allows him to spread pressure.

These are the killers I usually have fun playing against: Dredge, Ghostface, Pyramid Head, Huntress, Sadako. These are the killers I never have fun playing against: Spirit, Blight, Artist, Pinhead, Bubba, Billy, Wraith, Nurse, Nemesis, Legion.

The rest I'm either indifferent towards or the fun is determined by the playstyle. I've never met a Bubba who didn't tunnel and proxy camp. I've also never met a Billy who didn't cross the map just to tunnel.

Same deal with Blight, Spirit, Nemesis and Nurse. Legion isn't fun because having to constantly mend in a 30 minute game is boring.

Wraith because I've never met a Wraith who didn't use their cloaked movement speed to block vaults and pallets for free hits.

Pinhead is just frustrating to play against for multiple reasons. One being chain hunt requiring somebody to always be on box duty, two being that there are too many chains to break, and three being the button mapping.

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611

I hate going against him only because of the Nightfall mechanic. The sounds in Nightfall make me feel like I'm going to have a panic attack and/or just irritate me. Other than that, he's really fun to face.

• ACleverName4Me
    ACleverName4Me Member Posts: 450

Nightfall is fun. This killer has brought in a new mechanic that hasn't been seen since moonlight offerings. You can still win chases with a dredge even in nightfall. I don't go against him every game but the first day after his release I learned how to counter him within 2 games. I know which lockers to lock and when. He hasn't been out for a week so give him a chance.

• TeleportingTurkey
    TeleportingTurkey Member Posts: 589

wait till people finally figure out how to properly use remnant

• EntitySpawn
    EntitySpawn Member Posts: 4,233

Translation: Boring = I lost

I'd take more dredges, iv been having a blast versing them and I enjoy all the stuff going on especially the mindgames which makes stuff interesting as it forces me to run tiles differently.

More killers should be like this imo

• espooked
    espooked Member Posts: 465

He anti loop. Which is zzz, however, I like him more than half the roster of killers we go against.

• Pepsidot
    Pepsidot Member Posts: 1,662

I find him quite fun to play against. He brings new mindgames to loops which spice up gameplay. E.g., should I run through shack or is he gonna burst through that locker?

If he uses remnant properly it makes it quite challenging to loop - good dredges force you to chain tiles together. Which is challenging but fun.

• espooked
    espooked Member Posts: 465
  • Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,895

The nightfall aspect is the only interesting part about facing him.

• deKlaw_04
    deKlaw_04 Member Posts: 3,660

Demogorgon, pyramid head, nemesis, pinhead, blight, Oni, spirit, and Freddy I enjoy playing against. I really don’t like facing the dredge

• deKlaw_04
  • TeleportingTurkey
    TeleportingTurkey Member Posts: 589

holding w was very efficient against uninteractive antiloop powers, indeed, too bad this still was possibly the least fun thing to do

• Carth
    Carth Member Posts: 1,182

I'm really curious to hear what you think is the last good killer design then OP? Sadako?

• anarchy753
    anarchy753 Member Posts: 4,212

Once again, the Dead by Daylight community shows that it thinks the word "boring" means "I can't play brainlessly against it."

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270

I think he's fun to play against. I'm still not sure if I enjoy playing as him though.

• Claudirt
    Claudirt Member Posts: 49
    edited June 2022

I enjoy playing against Dredge. I love his nightfall ability, and his teleports make it more interactive, you're never too safe from the killer even far away. I like his anti loop, trying to mind game and play around it, bait out his return to remnant form then W key gaining distance. I think it's great and fun.

• TheArbiter
    TheArbiter Member Posts: 2,495

You must not of played against the artist before if you think dredge is boring

• Claudirt
    Claudirt Member Posts: 49

I think Artist's anti loop is the "zzz". His anti loop actually adds spice to looping, it's not some broken anti loop but more of a mind game ability. Like Nemisis tentacle, trying to dodge and weave, yet it's a pallet destroyer and anti loop ability (depending on the tile). All anti loop isn't zzz.

• TWiXT
    TWiXT Member Posts: 2,063
    edited June 2022

The DbD Community changed the Definitions of a few words and phrases used on these forums a long time ago:

Fun = Easy, or casual experience

Like = See "fun"

Boring = Challenging

Broken = Annoying

Meta = Predictable/Overused

Non-Meta = Meme

Lame = Tricky

Awful/Terrible/Horrible = Frustrating/different, but not unfair to go up against.

Unplayable: "I can't admit that I didn't have enough experience against it/playing as it."

Over Powered/OP = "I don't get how to play around it, won't bother trying, so I'm gonna complain."

Hate = Have trouble adapting

NOED = 1. A Vulgar word uttered to elicit attention from others, but its overuse only draws anger from them, and its usage is often seen as showing a lack of intelligence in the poster/commenter. 2. Often used in the title as an initiator of "Baiting" posts.

Toxic = A normal player

Tech = 1. Something to brag about doing against opponents who don't know how to counter it yet. 2. Legal Synergy/Strategy allowed by the games mechanics that can be seen as more favorable for one side or the other, but aren't without their counters. Despite how frustrating it can be to go against.

Exploit = Someone is using Tech against me that I don't understand! Ban this Player! (seriously though, Genuine Exploits or Bugs should be recorded and reported asap)

Hacks = Mostly baseless complaining about something I don't understand! (Double edged honestly. On one hand you have experienced players that know and can identify when actual hacking is being used in the game, on the other you have a slew of newer players that just don't understand all the perks/abilities/tech etc enough, and will claim it as hacks e.g. Mad Grit. The difference is getting harder and harder to tell these days without video evidence of said "hacks" and so most "hacks" posts are often seen as the new definition provided)

Example post/comment:

"I just wanted a fun game with my friends, but ended up against a broken ass Pig player who was so boring to go up against, yet we somehow still won. I mean WTAF, how have the devs left this OP PoS killer remain unchanged in the game for so long? It doesn't help how Toxic they were either."

Translation:

"I just wanted an easy game with my friends, but ended up against an annoying ass Pig player who was so challenging to go up against, yet we somehow still won. I mean WTAF, how have the devs left this character I don't want to learn to play around, and won't bother trying, so now I'm gonna rant about, PoS Killer remain unchanged in the game for so long? It doesn't help how Normal they were either."

You see OP, it doesn't matter what popular terms you use to complain about something, when we all know what you are really saying:

Dredge is so Challenging to play against:

How come you never make a new Killer that isn’t totally Tricky to play against? The Nightfall is just Frustrating/Different, but not unfair to go up against, and the Killer is just not it (new definition to Killer is just Not It = Beating me, so the devs must nerf imo). What do you guys think about it? You Find it easy playing against Dredge every single game, or you also have trouble adapting going against him?

Post edited by TWiXT on
  • Verconissp
    Verconissp Member Posts: 1,587

sheet. i wouldnt mind facing him more,

i love me a good jumpscare and scream every here and there,

that and hearing my teammates yell "######### IS THAT BEASTY?!"

• deKlaw_04
  • TWiXT
    TWiXT Member Posts: 2,063
    edited June 2022

I like to think:

Tech = Legal Synergy/Strategy allowed by the games mechanics that can be seen as more favorable for one side or the other, but aren't without their counters.

Whereas an Exploit = Someone is using Tech against me that I don't understand! Ban this Player!

fixed my comment

• Huge_Bush
    Huge_Bush Member Posts: 5,303

Don’t get me wrong, he is fun, even though I usually die, it’s just repetitive after 10 in a row.

I am thankful that I’m bad and at a lower MMR to where I see dredge rather than Sweaty Nurse and Blights back to back.

• rooCraah
    rooCraah Member Posts: 138

Difficult because Dredge is a really strong killer? yes.

Boring? nah, particularly early- and mid-game against a Nightmare, and trying to counterplay Dredge TPing to lockers in front of me, is among the most fun survivor gameplay I've had recently

• DaddyMyers_Mori
    DaddyMyers_Mori Member Posts: 2,205

Killer that isn’t totally lame to play against

What do you consider not lame?

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,970

I agree for the most part Nightfall is just a lame mechanic with an extremely ear grating ambient noise and is unbearable because my TV is broken and has permanently low brightness to begin with

• Rogue11
    Rogue11 Member Posts: 1,410

I don't see how the devs plan on balancing the core game around killers like Clown and Ghostface, while adding killers with way stronger kits. Infinite on-demand teleport, 2 different anti-loop abilities, 115% move speed, and an "oh s***", Pinhead-style event that occurs multiple times with no way for survivors to prevent/delay it.

Oh and let's make sure there are 4 lockers next to every gen just in case you were thinking of finding one spot where you wouldn't give an instant free hit to the killer.

No I don't enjoy playing against him..

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,792

I enjoy him.

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,219

I´ll take the dredge over the current version of legion any day, if we talk about boring.

• Verconissp
    Verconissp Member Posts: 1,587

Oddly enough, i only faced like acouple blights and no nurses so far..

Very odd to not even face them despite escaping

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,356

BHVR doesn't only make killers that are unfun to go against, your opinion isn't that of everyone. I for one really enjoy going against him, he is a lot of fun. I find his counterplay so far to be fun and engaging, even if it could be improved just a tad more.

He seems pretty balanced, except for a few minor nitpicks. And I find him to be one BHVR's best killer designs yet. Of course not everyone will enjoy him, no killer is for everyone.

I do hope they tone down Nightfall to help people who seem to be struggling with it more than it is intended.