Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Do you think Breakable Walls were a good addition to the game?

TheFireVVolf
TheFireVVolf Member Posts: 57

Do you think Breakable Walls were a good addition to the game? 85 votes

Yes
28%
VolantConch1719BloodartistSaitamfedGlamourousLeviathanEmealValikdugmansteponmeadirisAnchorTeaGazgemauchSsajbambusaBennett_They1ThemjesterkindFBD_WalterClements71DredgenWar237XernotonAraphexCodeDBSimplyPixelated06Hitari 24 votes
No
71%
M4dBoOmrGibberishkodiakyBlueberrygneheheLiunUKDimekanarchy753Raptorrotasmusstang62MrPenguintoxik_survivorShapedMrsGhostfacesergiofvsRoboMojoMattie_MayhemOGMooksHellraisingPredatorPrex91 61 votes

Comments

• Saitamfed
    Saitamfed Member Posts: 1,620
    Yes

Yes, they are BUT behaviour doesn't really knows how to place them, they place it with a window at their side so survivors can jump through it so that means you as a killer MUST break that wall... breakable walls are supposed to add a new experience to the map, let's break those walls and keep those others, so as a killer you have some control on which path you want the survivors to follow.

• DarkMagik
    DarkMagik Member Posts: 822
    No

They could have been but right now no

The only good example is in Midwhich which is the one that goes from 1st floor to 2nd floor.

A good Breakable should not force a killer to break it & if gets broken gives either side an unfair adventage.

They should be use to add Optional Shortcuts for Survivors & Killers with Low Mobilty

• GlamourousLeviathan
    GlamourousLeviathan Member Posts: 981
    Yes

I feel like it depends on the case. On the maps that were added after breakable walls (Saloon and Midwich), they are absolutely ok, because if you go out of your way to break the wall beforehand the loop is basically destroyed or it becomes a really weak loop. The problem is on the reworked maps because BHVR added a breakable wall where there weren't any, so it ends up as a infinite loop with the wall and a still strong as hell loop when its broken (ex: Groaning Storehouse, Coal Tower, Father's Chappel).

• Xendritch
    Xendritch Member Posts: 1,842
    No

Good in theory bad in execution, I feel a lot of loops are stronger for killer if you don't break them.

• jesterkind
    jesterkind Member Posts: 7,610
    Yes

Overall, yes. There are walls in the game that help the killer out but are ultimately optional, like most of the walls in Gideon's, and there are walls that certain killers want to break but other killers don't, like any wall that funnels survivors into a specific window vault while it's up, and both of those are totally viable concepts that make the game better.

The existence of badly placed walls doesn't negate that, though they are regrettable.

• bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,474
    No

Had the potential to be kinda poor implementation though, most tiles were adjusted and for some reason they used breakable walls to make them stronger and kept the base strength, not that fun to play around and feels unfair to use as survivor

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611
    No

They're just a waste of time and make strong loops even stronger.

• syain
    syain Member Posts: 440
    No

Another time waster for killers. On maps like Dead Dawg for example you NEED to go out of your way to break some walls before chases if you don't want survivors to make massive distance on you while you do it.

• tyantlmumagjiaonuha
    tyantlmumagjiaonuha Member Posts: 550
    No

This is not breakable walls,but breakmust wall.

• Impalpable
    Impalpable Member Posts: 152
    No

I percieve them as a missed chance for more gameplay variety and increased player satisfaction with bringing in one or more actual interesting new gameplay elements for chase which also couldve helped to provide more options to balance in individual cases properly.

• Wampirita
    Wampirita Member Posts: 809
    No

to game, yes.

To THE GAME... hell no

• Emeal
    Emeal Member Posts: 4,951
    Yes

I feel BHVR has been using them the Wrong way, but im fine with them.

• Entity_Lich94
    Entity_Lich94 Member Posts: 320
    No

They're a good idea but the execution of them has been pretty bad. Making shortcuts with them is fine but putting then in situations where the killer HAS to break them isn't

• steponmeadiris
    steponmeadiris Member Posts: 225
    Yes

Good idea, terrible execution. They should allow the Killer to change parts of the map layout to their advantage, not make them lose time in chase because they have to break walls.

• ThatOneDemoPlayer
    ThatOneDemoPlayer Member Posts: 5,623
    No

They're either pre-dropped God Pallets or pre-dropped Hawkins Pallets

• Hex_Llama
    Hex_Llama Member Posts: 1,818
    No

When I play killer, I don't feel like I have time to kick walls. When I play survivor, I run into dead ends because of them. I agree with the people who say it should have been a barrier survivors can make rather than a default obstacle killers have to remove.

• Bran
    Bran Member Posts: 2,096
    No

unnecessary, wastes of space, idiotic...what's the point? don't put long loops or infinites in game and there wouldn't be a need for them.

• Valik
    Valik Member Posts: 1,274
    Yes

A masterful concept that begs deeper investigation.

They can be introduced to make safe loops much less safe through a small time investment of the killer.

They can also be used on maps like Badham and Gideon to keep certain areas into isolated death traps - but open them up for mobility.

They are conceptually good, but I feel that the developers have been a bit lax with their involvement.

The one in the main building of the rebuilt Thompson House is super brilliant. A window that is a guaranteed escape as a god window for survivors can be made completely and utterly useless with the inclusion of a breakable wall.

This mechanic allows players on both sides to have their cake and eat it too.

It's a shame that most of the times, the walls are either too oppressively placed as to allow survivors several opportunities to evade and escape chases so long as the killer doesn't take several seconds to break the walls (Dead Dawg buildings) or could be so absolutely and fundamentally useless as to beg the question if they are even useful in the first place (Main Building Coal Tower)

• M4dBoOmr
    M4dBoOmr Member Posts: 598
    No

why DON'T ALL killer shacks have a breakable wall or at least random

• Bloodartist
    Bloodartist Member Posts: 124
    Yes

Yes. More ways to interact with environment is good and cool. There should be more flavorful things to do in general.

ps. Obviously we don't want the opened ways to break the game.

• anarchy753
    anarchy753 Member Posts: 4,212
    edited June 2022
    No

No. They really only fit into 2 categories:

1. This would be an infinite, so you have to break this wall for the map to not be broken. Or
    2. Never break this wall.

They really just exist to make killers waste more time because they have to stop and break pre-dropped pallets that the survivors never had to drop.

• JohnWick1654
    JohnWick1654 Member Posts: 509
    No

Almost any action that makes killer stand still is usually a wasteful action,

that's why people run Scourge Hooks, Jolt, Ruin, etc.

So instead of going to the gen, kicking it for 2 seconds than finaly being able to move, they can either just shoo the survivor off the gen, hook someone or down someone near a worked gen..

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,582
    Yes

I like the idea of giving killers the choice of opening a new path and maybe even add some strategy with it. Sadly it just doesn't work like this. Some walls you absolutely have to break because otherwise it would be an infinite or close to it. Others you should never break because it opens new super save loops.

• INoLuv
    INoLuv Member Posts: 464
    No

No, breakable walls should simply be open, the killer having to break it is not good.

• Ssajbambusa
    Ssajbambusa Member Posts: 496
    Yes

I am against most 'survivor sided' things in the game... but breakable walls are really not a problem.

1. Their patch removed a lot of literal infinites (Yes, they shouldn't be there in the first place... but at least they are gone!)
    2. You can break the wall before even starting a chase.
    3. You can strategically NOT break them to create traps.

We really have bigger problems than this, guys. Look at dead hard, unbreakable, iron will (especially after buff), gen speed and hook distrubution.