AcelynnBen Member Posts: 1,012
edited June 2022 in General Discussions

seriously what the hell

You got ghostface, gets nerfed by one loop

pig, which can be good with perks but her traps feel random even with changes

Nemsis, worst damn addons in this damn game

Sadako, forgotten

Myers, impossible to play without perks

Demodoggy, doesn't exist anymore (can't say anything about it)

Cenobite, again a forgotten killer

Pyramid head, will say is a bit good when he has the element of surprise but somehow made his movements feel so awkward while using the rites of judgments

Freddy : i forgot he even exists

the only good license killer is bubba, because he can one shot, which is honestly feels boring in general, but feels amazing when u want to make everyone suffer

and yet you might say some original characters are weak but let me remind you, at their time they were gods of the game, they just aged poorly

and then we get some forgotten original killers

Artist, can literally nerf any damn loop, she is just underrated

hag, again broken af but boring to play with or against since u always got a down

Trapper, you feel like Lex Luther when someone gets caught in your trap

Wraith, has either sanic build or sneaky

hot take : twins are a good since u can put vic as a UAV anywhere to check for survivors but the switching time is what's holding them back

Deathslinger, literally has an AWP

you get the point basically, every license killer feels nerfed on release while original killers are good but tend to age poorly, im gonna be honest i wasn't drawn to this game by nurse or blight

piggy is what drew me here because im a huge fan of the saw movies, then ghostface brought me back

it just feels sad that killers that people enjoy are so weak while u can just pick nurse and guarantee a 4k every game which is just lame and boring

But feel free to tell me how nemsis has the best addons, even tho he doesn't have a single addon that exhausts or literally does anything else

Comments

• AcelynnBen
    Options

yes pyramid head is strong but why the hell the weird movements

and honestly i never said freddy is weak i just forgot his exists lol

• MikaelaWantsYourBoon
    MikaelaWantsYourBoon Member Posts: 6,564
    Options

Nemesis is not weak, he is best boy in game. Don't make me give you stars

• DEMONANCE
    DEMONANCE Member Posts: 800
    Options

pyramid head falls apart cuz he has no map pressure , no good addons , kind of an annoying power to use and aim and that power gives survivors more counterplay than that of nemesis'

imo pyramid head definitely needs to be looked at again and be made better.

• UnknownKiller
    UnknownKiller Member Posts: 3,024
    edited June 2022
    Options

Easy cuz the creators of those characters doesnt have any love to it.If they would make all licensed B+ to A plus.

Also notice that:

Ghostface is human

Pig is human

Myers is human

And...the only good licensed is a bioweapon.

What I mean its that by lore they cant make for example Ghostface get a cloak mode where he moves faster.

Myers despite he appears and disappears suddenly we cant add like a teleport where u would appear close by a surv on Undetectable mode.

You get what I mean?

• GlamourousLeviathan
    GlamourousLeviathan Member Posts: 976
    Options

Pyramid and Freddy are actually quite solid. Also, I would say that Bubba, Nemesis, Pinhead and Demogorgon are mid tiers. The only weak licenses imo are Pig, Sadako, Ghostface and Myers and the only one of these who is unplayable for how bad he is, is Myers.

Normally I'm more lenient towards judging licensed killers because they have to be fair representations of their original material. Sadako for example is an excellent adaptation, it's just that she is really out of tune with the game's balance. Meanwhile you get Trickster, who is an original killer, that has a copy paste of Huntress power but being absolutely garbage. I would say that it is much easier to forgive Sadako than to forgive Trickster.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,785
    Options

I main Myers. He is far from unplayable. I win most of my games with him. And no I don't use tombstone to do it. Most underrated killer in Dbd.

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,382
    Options

He feels a bit clunky but he is still strong. He is the only killer in the game that can prevent BT and DS in that way so he is also pretty much the strongest tunneler in the game. That might not be very fun or very nice to use but it still adds to his strength. His anti-loop is good with counterplay but also hit-or-hit scenarios and he can even hit multiple people with one attack. In terms of base strength (without addons) I think he needs no changes at all. Though of course it would be nice if he was a bit less clunky and awkward to control with overall more viable addons.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,651
    Options

If you're being ran as Pyramid Head outside of W key for more than 10 seconds you've made a serious error.

• pizzaduffyhp90
    pizzaduffyhp90 Member Posts: 901
    Options

Pyramid Head, Pinhead, Bubba, Nemesis, and Demo are pretty good killers Freddy sometimes but, eh not so much as he used to.

• ThatOneDemoPlayer
    ThatOneDemoPlayer Member Posts: 5,623
    Options

Executioner is actually pretty good, same goes for Demogorgon, they're both A tier

• Witchubtet
    Witchubtet Member Posts: 640
    Options

I feel like the reason it feels that way is because some killers can’t fully apply enough pressure to convince a survivor to stop what they are doing.

My personal opinion is that Pinhead is not strong whatsoever, but I also play on console so his power is a little jankie for me. But I find Nemesis and Pyramid Head to be amazing at there jobs. The first breaks pallet loops and applies a passive pressure and has add-ons that give him very high tracking and control. PH can break almost any loop, yeah his movements are weird but he is dragging a knife the size of a middle aged garbage man. He also punishes people for being hero’s.

Now… onto the others.

Freddy is good but does require some perks to help him do his job.

Well Ghost just needs more love from the devs and better Condemned percentages.

Bubba IS amazing but does suffer from a few flaws. Any loud killer does.

The Pig almost suffers from the same problem the Well Ghost has. Her main power is very much not a huge deterrent. It also requires a generator to be turned on for it to activate. Since party’s exist and Discord exists, this makes it go from a “I better get this off now!” To a “Guys hold up I have a trap on me.”

Demi is great but sadly unavailable to most new players.

Ghostface and Myers have the same problem. Stacked loops being too close together. Especially if a pallet is six meters away. So it’s more a issue with how maps are than their powers. I remember Mikey being op because the pallets and loops were not that close together, but after the Freddy update they put in enough pallets to fill a stockroom.

It’s also all about play style and personal preference. Like how I said Pinhead was bad, or how I hate blight and nurse because I’m on console. Maybe you’re just better with the company made killers. I don’t know for sure but that’s what my friend told me because I couldn’t control Pinheads weird power.

• Marc_123
    Marc_123 Member Posts: 3,363
    Options

Nevertheless we lost a lot of games against all of them.

I don´t know if you play SWF - for those players everything except Nurse or Blight seems to be weak and boring.

Normal people or SoloQ struggle a lot.

Myers, Pinhead, Freddy, Pig often destroy us in SoloQ games.

• Thrax
    Thrax Member Posts: 974
    Options

Freddy has worse addons than nemesis.

• RenRen
    RenRen Member Posts: 1,443
    Options

Pyramid head is really the only strong licensed killer which is kinda sad. Pinhead used to be pretty good but then they nerfed him, granted it was a very unfun addon.

• Sepex
    Sepex Member Posts: 1,408
    Options

I still think Cenobite is solid.

• AcelynnBen
    Options

i mean at least he has fake pallets and addons to hear the survivors better

nemsis literally has zombie addons which suck and some few addons that are completely useless

only 2 are usefull which are the ones who boost ur virus level

• Predated
    Predated Member Posts: 2,895
    Options

Because there is an argument to be made that DBD is pay to win if licensed killers are consistently strong.

You never want your game to be pay to win, because the majority of the money comes from mid and lower income players who probably cannot afford to get all the killers they would need just to compete.

• Chadku
    Chadku Member Posts: 729
    Options

I keep forgetting that Sudoku is a real licensed killer here.

Most licensed killer's problem are the nearly 70% useless addons they have and Nemesis' zombie AI getting stuck on trees.

• JohnWick1654
    JohnWick1654 Member Posts: 509
    Options

I agree with all killers mentioned in this comment, perhaps a Ghostface can be also strong too

• JohnWick1654
    JohnWick1654 Member Posts: 509
    Options

He can be sometimes sneaky like Wraith, but unlike Wraith he can oneshot you

• nanasi_K9
    nanasi_K9 Member Posts: 501
    Options

I for one am surprised that Pyramid Head is rated so high...

I believe that the reason why the collaboration killers are rated low is probably because they sell on name value. (I don't understand Sadako...)

I think the original killers need to perform better so that they are not buried by the collaboration killers.

• Norhc
    Norhc Member Posts: 575
    Options

Thanks for proving us that you have no idea how to play this game well as killer.

• Ghost_Face_Main
    Ghost_Face_Main Member Posts: 618
    edited June 2022
    Options

I'd say the only weakest licensed killer would be The Nightmare in both gameplay and kit.

The Shape is outdated yes, but he still has the smallest terror radius out of any killer, has great vault speed in tier 3, good add-ons, and instadown/mori potential in his kit. These tools make up for the fact that he is an M1 killer at heart.

The Ghost Face plays by nature of a stealth killer, which can give him multiple advantages if played correctly. Playing recklessly doesn't benefit you at all. I would agree that he was weak if his kit wasn't reworked.

The Pig is overall RNG dependent, but still decent in the right hands.

The only weak aspect about The Nemesis is that more than half of his add-ons are dogpoop. Otherwise an experienced Nemesis is a monster in chases.

The Cenobite is strong only when played correctly. Too many mistakes can hurt them. This also applies to The Onryõ and The Demogorgon. (for those that own it)

The Executioner has massive zoning potential despite his weak add-on kit.

• Shroompy
    Shroompy Member Posts: 6,280
    Options

He does have map pressure and thats in the form of cages, instead of going around the map he can comfortably sit in his own territory where he can constantly leave trails while chasing, and making Survivors leave his territory by having to go for saves.

His M2 is also pretty damn good, the only thing that needs revisiting are his add ons, as they're pretty lackluster

• Fres0c0
    Fres0c0 Member Posts: 115
    Options

I like how no mention of nurse, but Cenobite forgotten doesn't mean bad and nemesis may have bad add-ons but still really powerful yes some of the licensed killers are bad but also some official characters are bad

• MilManson
    MilManson Member Posts: 939
    Options

Bubba and Pinhead are literally the strongest licensed killers.

BHVR even released a data sheet for the killers and Pinhead is up there with a massive kill ratio.

I think it’s due to how the chains can sometimes screw a survivor up in a chase and then someone has to stop doing a generator or healing to go do the box.

• AcelynnBen
    Options

Nurse is neither forgotten nor weak lol

and didn't age poorly

• LaUry
    LaUry Member Posts: 100
    Options

"Myers, impossible to play without perks"..

why would you play without perks?.. in DBD EVERY killer has his place.. sure one is stronger then another but there is no killer who is really bad and impossible to win games..

• burt0r
    burt0r Member Posts: 4,101
    edited June 2022
    Options

Why should they need to make licensed killer strong as a selling point when their franchise and their name/brand can take care of that /S

• AcelynnBen
    Options

a killer should never rely too much on their addons

addons are there to help not to make the killer viable or useless

• AcelynnBen
    Options

because everyone is bored of every damn license killer being weaker than killers that are 5 years old?

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,347
    Options

Pyramid Head played well is one of the killer with the least counterplay, except maybe for Nurse. He does have counterplay, but it's rather limited. As soon as a survivor is stuck in an animation, you will almost always get a guaranteed hit, unless the limited turn rate hinders you.

Pyramid Head's chase potential is one of the very best in the entire game, except again for Nurse maybe. It shoots through anything, and makes the safets pallets completely useless. In fact, an interesting attribute to Pyramid Head is that, generally, the safer the pallet, the weaker it is against Pyramid Head.

He also has a bit of map pressure. He can tunnel like no other killer, avoiding DS and BT for the most part. And if the survivor is tormented, he also doesn't have to waste time picking survivors up, so he has more time patrolling gens.

Pyramid Head is incredibly strong. He does not need buffs. He might need some changes. I would love if his addons all got buffed so they had an impact. I also wouldn't mind if the spawn delay of his shock wave was decreased just tad. But only if the cooldown after canceling his power is increased, to allow for a bit more counterplay on survivors side, and if survivors lost their tormented status effect when hooked. No killer needs further incentives to tunnel than they already have.

• Akumakaji
    Akumakaji Member Posts: 4,952
    Options

Myers has his problems, and I hate the stalk juice mechanic, or at least that it doesn't refill and once it's spend, it's gone, but his Exposed on demand is pretty slick and he can snowball like Oni and I soooo love that his takedown just circumvents DH. Its always balm for my poor, DH-ravaged heart.

• Fres0c0
    Fres0c0 Member Posts: 115
    Options

I meant when he was mentioning original survivors he just didn't mention nurse

• Bennett_They1Them
    Bennett_They1Them Member Posts: 2,513
    Options

"Nemsis, worst damn addons in this damn game"

PH and Slinger would like a word.

Also, I'd say licenced killers generally hover around B tier.

• StarLost
    StarLost Member Posts: 8,077
    Options

Uh. Okay.

• Ghostface...is better now. It took me a while to get a feel for him, but Marks are a lot more impactful. His addons need work though.
    • Pig sucks, yeah. Another example of 'hey, lets give a killer the ability to instantly RNG someone out of the game, and balance accordingly'.
    • Demo does still exist, and is still likely the most perfectly balanced killer in the game.
    • Cenobite is a bit like Demo. His skill floor is a little high for a 'B' tier killer, but he's far from weak.
    • Nemesis has bad addons, but that's true of a lot of killers. He's pretty great otherwise.
    • Pyramid head is a top tier killer.
    • Sadako needs help, period.
    • Myers needs help, but also needs two addons adjusted.
    • Freddy sucks.
    • Bubba is...ugh. If you aren't a camper, he's a nightmare on a lot of maps.

On the other hand

Hillbilly is the hardest killer in the game to play effectively.

Wraith is one of the weakest killers in the game, as is Trapper.

Twins are powerful, but incredibly one dimensional and horribly clunky to play.

• Silasy
    Silasy Member Posts: 228
    Options

Pyramid Head, Demo, Bubba, Nemmy and Cenobite are pretty good killers tho. But yes others are sucks.