Suggestion to nerf pain resonance

Options

Since next patch or the patch after that Pain resonance is gonna get nerfed, I have an idea to nerf it:

- The gen loses the progress, but doesn't keep regressing and stops.

This was it's not as strong with DMS, gens cannot regress across the map, but you still get the 15%.

Comments

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,347
    Options

No I think it's the instant regression that needs to be toned down. This nerf would also still make it really good with DMS, since gens don't regress anyways when they are blocked.

If the devs do address gen times by adding some form of slowdown to the base game, I think 9% or 8% regression would be perfectly fine for Pain Resonance.

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 7,136
    Options

the perk has 45% pick-rate with corrupt intervention. Jolt had like 15% pick-rate, so very likely the instant regression will be toned down with Jolt-levels which is around 8% or so. Pop was like 40% pick-rate as well, so that's likely going down to like 12% as well. just my predictions.

not sure what will occur with BBQ and Corrupt. BP removed and maybe put on another perk like distressing? Corrupt is also mystery. Will they make it block for less time? or block less gens, like 2 gens instead 3. Guess we'll just have to find out when the update hits.

Ruin was also high-pick rate perk. Mandy did say that there will be base-kit changes.. so maybe higher base regression, but ruin regression being less effective, like say gens regress at 200% default, ruin applies 50% of base-regression automatically, so ruin regress gens at 400% slower, but its automatic. that would nerf ruin.

that just spitballing a bunch of negative changes that will surely weaken killer meta. the survivor meta is more what I'm curious about as it hasn't changed for 5 years, so them getting meta change is like so massive.

• Entitled_survivor
    Entitled_survivor Member Posts: 828
    Options

Pain resonance is fine,, it's only extremely oppressive when paired with dead mans,, it's so widely picked over pop only because majority of killers don't have the time to go kick a gens across the map and then look for a new chase,, it also doesn't give information like pain resonance,,

• Elan
    Elan Member Posts: 83
    Options

Pain resonance is not really a great perk. It's more a comfort becuase you dont have to kick gens 24/7. Without DMS PR is not a problem tbh. 15 % regression is less than new buffed Ghostface add on. To make this perk work, you need to get to scourge that may spawn in trash places. It's still a new mechanic and perk. What a don't really understand is that new perks get rework with so old metas. If I like to see a new rewoked Pain resonance, it'd be this. "If survivor is hooked on scourge hook all gens that are not worked on regress at 200 % untill the survivor is rescued." That would be nice and still usefull change, remove the informative part but make this perk still balanced and fun.