What's your favorite 'non-meta' perk to run?

Options

Curious where this thread will end up. For me personally, Blood Echo is one of my favorites to run, specifically on Legion.

Legion, a killer who can get first hits easier than most others, can force survivors to heal against them if they want to keep their Dead Hards or whatever Exhaustion perks they're running, and typically, the counterplay to Legion is to stay injured. Because of this Catch 22 that Blood Echo provides Legion, I run Blood Echo as my main form of slowdown in an unorthodox way as opposed to Pop or Ruin or whatever gen defense.

Comments

• MrCalac123
    MrCalac123 Member Posts: 1,147
    Options

Survivor: Fixated

Killer: Enduring

• Adamant_Tepig
    Adamant_Tepig Member Posts: 122
    Options

In the right hands Bond can be such a game changer. As soon as I unlocked it I started making decisions I wouldn't have otherwise made without it. Solid solo queue perk I'd recommend to anyone.

• Heronik_
    Heronik_ Member Posts: 7
    Options

Survivor: Breakdown

Killer: Merciless storm... its just too funny seeing how many people fail at those skillchecks

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,596
    Options

Devour hope and autodidact

• Adamant_Tepig
    Options

I have tried using Autodidact in a build before of Solidarity and Botany tied together, I think I dubbed it 'The Deadpool Build'.

• CrowVortex
    CrowVortex Member Posts: 949
    Options

There's two combo's that I'm a big fan of, Pentimento paired with Plaything and Counterforce with Inner Healing.

• cheetocultleader
    cheetocultleader Member Posts: 1,259
    Options

Usually I'd say Head On, but I was using Power Struggle yesterday and every time I got it to go off, it was sooooo satisfying. Not something I'd run every day, but it's fun to surprise your killers. Someone was using Boil Over today, and it was annoyingly fun. Let her leave for that, lol.

On killer, Mad Grit. No one expects a Sadoka to start swinging wildly.

• Adamant_Tepig
    Options

Was using Mad Grit as Demogordon yesterday, got 2 kills out of it on Midwich. Love that perk.

• xfireturtlex
    xfireturtlex Member Posts: 419
    Options

I used to always be a Bond guy, but lately ive switched to Empathy and kinda like it more. The advantage of bein able to see whats goin on map-wide is worth the trade off to me. Either way, one of those is an absolute necessity.

On killer side, ive been enjoying Plaything lately. Even by itself, it offers a decent amount of early to late game slowdown. I underestimated how far ppl will go to get rid of their hexes.

• Anniehere
    Anniehere Member Posts: 1,257
    Options

Aftercare.

I can see my people and they can see me, and the information is so helpful.

• ThatOneDemoPlayer
    ThatOneDemoPlayer Member Posts: 5,623
    Options

Killer: Lethal Pursuer

Survivor: Mettle Of Man

• DoritoHead
    DoritoHead Member Posts: 3,546
    Options

Bond for survivor because aura reading is all-important for solo

I’m All Ears for killer, specifically Blight, Pyramid Head, or Oni. Its helped me out so many times.

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 5,574
    Options

Survivor: We'll Make It for actual value, Blast Mine and Autodickdackpaddywhack for memes.

Killer: Plaything. God, the slowdown and opportunistic hits on this bad boy pay dividends.

• TatsuiChiyo
    TatsuiChiyo Member Posts: 684
    Options

Survivor- Windows of Opportunity. This one has started becoming better since its recent buff, but just the sheer amount of info this can give me. Whether the Killer is chasing someone close by cause the pallet suddenly gor thrown, to whether or not I have a pallent in that loop.

Killer- Unrelenting. And yes yes, I know. I shouldn't plan to miss. Well I'm not good, so I can whiff hits, or make a bad play. But the fact that I can get back in much quicker really helps, especially when Survivors try to spin me, cause me to miss, but than essentially reset themselves by going for the fault anyways

• xEmoGirlxAlexisx
    xEmoGirlxAlexisx Member Posts: 593
    Options

Pentimento the perk Idea is awesome and it helped me alot :D

• Bot_Salvo88
    Bot_Salvo88 Member Posts: 1,230
    Options

Survivor: Default Dwight that gets in a locker mid chase and stuns the killer with Head on

Killer: Fire Up to avoid flashlight saves right when I pick up so I mess with survivors timing.

• TheArbiter
    TheArbiter Member Posts: 2,269
    Options

Pebble

• Mazoobi
    Mazoobi Member Posts: 1,506
    Options

Head-On

• tippy2k2
    tippy2k2 Member Posts: 5,081
    Options

Both are solid perks. I always leaned Bond though just because while a more limited range, it let's me find anyone on my team, not just the injured.

Which is super useful when we need to get a gen done ASAP.

But both are good. Really any information perk I feel like gets overlooked just because it's more of a passive benefit than an active one. People can SEE how DH saved them in that chase but not really how Bond allowed them to get together with that one survivor and finish that last generator just in the nick of time...

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,096
    edited June 2022
    Options

Agitation for sure. The act of hooking is the least efficient thing a killer can do. This speeds up the process. It also gives you a greater hook selection which can completely swing games. On top of all that, you can get some cheeky hits on overly enthusiastic survivors.

Wake Up on survivor. It has saved me so many times. 4 seconds doesn't seem like a lot until the heartbeat is getting faster and louder as you open the gate. Can also be really valuable for solo queue when teammates aren't sure which gate to run to.

• Ricardo170373
    Ricardo170373 Member Posts: 632
    Options

Any means Necessary- help a lot for tracking where is happen a chase and sometimes reset pallet

Bond + Open Handed - Massive other survivor auras reveal

Surveillence, specially if im using Pain Resonance

Enduring

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,533
    Options

On Killer: Whispers

On Survivor.... UMMMM.... yea what's "meta" on Survivor again

• ColonGlock
    ColonGlock Member Posts: 1,224
    Options

Unrelenting.

Yes, yes I know, it means "I miss many swings" and insert joke about getting glasses.

This perk seems like it would suck, but then remember about that one survivor who is injured and pulls off that sweet move with Dead Hard at a critical moment in the match. Unrelenting prevents survivors from getting to a safe tile in time or reaching the gate. It seems to come in most handy when you need it most. I like to play without gen slowdown perks so I need to end chases quickly. This perk gives me downs or hook grabs that I would not have gotten otherwise consistently. It will always have a place in my perk rotations.

• Ayamir
    Ayamir Member Posts: 291
    Options

On survivor : Aftercare and We'll make it I just love taking care of my teammates and being able to heal them quickly feels nice and with Aftercare they can always see me at all times if they need to be healed or need me to take a hit for them.

On killer: I love Agitation it's just a feel good perk most of the time it won't do much but paired with Pain Resonance or certain killers that can defend basement well it can be a game changing perk and help you win games by good hook placements so you have a easier time defending the gens + the hooked survivor.

Also shadowborn having a higher FOV on certain killers like Blight and Oni makes you feels so fast and smooth even tho the perk does nothing it's just a "feel good" perk.

Agitation might start becoming a meta perk if we keep getting scourge hooks perks in the next few upcoming chapters.

• Zeidoktor
    Zeidoktor Member Posts: 2,056
    Options

Survivor: Renewal/Second Wind - Used as part of a healing build it isn't hard to get a heal before a hook unless you're found first.

Killer: spies from the Shadows - An underrated tracking perk imo, though map RNG can affect how many crows are around.

• Bardon
    Bardon Member Posts: 1,002
    Options

I am trying very hard to unlock this on my Doctor! :)

• Witchubtet
    Witchubtet Member Posts: 640
    Options

I don’t know if it’s meta or not but I love seeing the fear in survivors eyes when I have Lightborn.

• Hannon
    Hannon Member Posts: 221
    Options

Fixated

• pizzaduffyhp90
    pizzaduffyhp90 Member Posts: 901
    Options

Survivor No Mither

Killer Blood Favor

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,714
    Options

Deerstalker. It's definitely not a meta perk, but it's such a nice quality of life effect being able to see the people you're slugging. It gets around all those annoying times they crawl off and you have to spend 10 or 15 seconds looking for them, or those embarrassing times you accidentally forget where you downed them in the first place. Plus it indirectly helps you keep watch for other survivors heading to revive a dying ally. This is one of those filler perks that I'll just throw in because why not? 🙂

I'll also give honorable mention to Unrelenting. Sure, if you "never miss" it's a worthless perk. But hey, I'm a klutz, I get juked a lot, and when I'm playing a basic attack killer and I run this perk I can definitely tell the difference in how much distance they gain after a whiff. I have definitely gotten downs on people after a miss that I would not have gotten without the perk. It's also a ton of fun running this perk in combination with Save the Best for Last and, if a killer has them, similar speed up add-ons so you can just chase and attack pretty much at will and stay right on the survivor's tail. (One of my favorite Demogorgon loadouts is those two perks plus two of his add-ons that speed up his recovery after Shreds. It's hilarious! 😄)

• MrPeanutbutter
    MrPeanutbutter Member Posts: 1,586
    Options

Survivor side: Small Game. Helps me find hex totems more easily and I’ve often been able to find NOED during endgame with it.

Killer side: Make Your Choice. Hooray for instadowns

• Marcavecunc
    Marcavecunc Member Posts: 2,057
    Options

On killer: Spies from the Shadows

On survivor: Autodidact maybe? I don't know depends on the situation.

• RYANGUNSLINGER
    RYANGUNSLINGER Member Posts: 53
    Options

I ran no mither unironicly for like a year straight.

• Pepsidot
    Pepsidot Member Posts: 1,659
    Options

Aftercare is my favourite non meta perk, it's awesome.

Basically if you want to be cool, don't use Empathy, or Bond or even Kindred. Use Aftercare and earn your auras!

• FilthyLegionMain
    FilthyLegionMain Member Posts: 1,148
    Options

Power Struggle. It may not come up much but when it hits, IT HITS.

• Marcavecunc
    Marcavecunc Member Posts: 2,057
    Options

Yeah it's one of those hit or miss perks.. It doesn't pay off often, but oh dear, when it does, IT DOES!

I had a match once I forgot I had it.. I could have dropped the pallet while being carried but only noticed the prompt as we were leaving the pallet range.. I still feel bad about it :/

• Crazewtboy
    Crazewtboy Member Posts: 1,259
    Options

I have been having quite a bit of fun giving killers PTSD picking up in pallets with my Power Struggle, Flip Flop, Unbreakable combo. Nothing funnier than watching them search the area, get pallet stunned anyway, then lose their mind searching the area again thinking they are going insane.

Apart from that: Renewal and Deliverance are two of my favorites when I actually get to use them because they encourage me to help my team while helping me. Also like Any Means Necessary or Windows of Opportunity so I know which pallets have been used

As killer, I prefer Dying Light for a gen slowdown that permanently will remain active (seeing as how no one normally dies in my games till way later). Hex: Plaything is also a lot more useful then some people would think.

• Satelit
    Satelit Member Posts: 1,377
    Options

I've found success running Breakdown against Scourge Hooks.Also useful against good killer hook spots like the one in front of Gas Haven.

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,639
    Options

Survivor- windows of opportunity

killer- Bamboozle

• DyingWish92
    DyingWish92 Member Posts: 770
    Options

Monitor and Abuse on Myers.

• IlliterateGenocide
    IlliterateGenocide Member Posts: 5,997
    Options

Objective of Obsession, Oppression

• Zeon_99
    Zeon_99 Member Posts: 463
    Options

Second Wind. Paired with We'll Make It and Sprint Burst, it comes in clutch quite often.

• Barbarossa2020
    Barbarossa2020 Member Posts: 1,353
    Options

Small game, Because im a giga chad who does bones.

Iron maiden Huntress reloads

• GreyBigfoot
    GreyBigfoot Member Posts: 947
    Options

Pharmacy + Resurgence. A simple but fun combo, even if it's far from the meta.

Bond or Aftercare. The information is very valuable, and I'd rather take one of them over Dead Hard.

Is Devour Hope meta or not? It's good for sure, but also a gamble to use.

• Metronix
    Metronix Member Posts: 226
    Options

Survivor: Red Herring, I love the mindgames and watching the killer pass your locker to get to the gen that has zero importants to anyone in that match, is very rewarding, every single time.

Killer: Unrelenting, same as @TatsuiChiyo , killer is much more difficult than survivor, so I'm still lerning and this helps me not to throw a chase out of the window because I missed.

• UnknownKiller
    UnknownKiller Member Posts: 3,024
    Options

Red herring i like when killer run 5km to get that its not even progressing much killers doesnt expect that