The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

What's your favorite 'non-meta' perk to run?

2»

Comments

• Kira4Evr
    Kira4Evr Member Posts: 2,025

Balanced Landing

• amazing_grace
    amazing_grace Member Posts: 734

Survivor: I love Any Means Necessary. It's a pretty good information perk when it comes to knowing where the chase is happening and what pallets are getting dropped and destroyed. Also has the function to pick up pallets the killer doesn't break. I've gotten a lot of value out of it.

I also love Wake up. I have a tendency to be in chase when the exit gates finish, so when I lose chase I sometimes don't have any idea where they were, so it saves me a lot of time in that regard. I also have been saved by the opening speed.

Killer: Mad grit is really good to pair with scourge hooks nowadays since people will try to bodyblock the hook. I have mad grit on my legit because so many people try to body block the hook against me.

• Wampirita
    Wampirita Member Posts: 809

Survivor Solo Q - Counterforce, cuz i know damn well that my teammates won't touch a single totem and then will cry about noed.

Survivor SWF - Distortion. The amount of info it can give you and your team when used properly is stupidly good.

Killer - Spies from the Shadows. NO ONE expects them

• rooCraah
    rooCraah Member Posts: 138

Used to be really popular when it was released and for a year after, has fallen off a lot recently in favor of game delay, but Enduring+Spirit Fury. Those two perks with Corrupt and BBQ still make up my main Oni build, and I'll often use the combo on Wraith, Hillbilly, Myers, Legion.... there's like 10 or so killers that really like erasing pallets.

A more meta combo is Ruin+Undying, my non-meta addition being Retribution on Nurse and Executioner. Having 15 seconds of detection on all survivors, guaranteed to happen at least twice if survivors want to remove Ruin, as it turns out is very strong on killers that can down survivors through walls. When I'm not running hexes, I'm All Ears is also a strong perk on both killers.

• Viskod
    Viskod Member Posts: 854

Whenever I use Distortion with friends I have to immediately report whether or not Lethal Pursuer, BBQ, or Floods of Rage is being used.

• Akumakaji
    Akumakaji Member Posts: 5,162

As a survivor I can't state how awesome the combo of Bound, Kindred and Open Handed is. It's just infos, but boi how much information. Even as a SWF this is superb info, as you constantly know were the action is, who is doing what EXACTLY were, and when someone is hooked you can basically see the killer on half the map, foiling all clever minds games on their behalf with basically no counterplay, as there is no indication that you got it. And when the killer disappears from range, you can always go for a safe unhook.

Another perk I love to run is Blast Mind; its devious, but just plain fun.. and the only way how inept me can get all those blind and stun challenges done. Just for your information, a blast mine counts as both, a stun and a blind. I usually pair it off with Flashbang, Red Hering and Head On for just a hilarious package.

As killer I actually never regret playing Spies from the Shadows. You often feel that you got better stuff yo equip, but spies is just awesome information with very little indication to the survivors what ticked you off. Like when I got a gut feeling that a survivor is near, but they immerse themselves, but just when I turn to leave a Crow goes off in my back and gotcha. Happens every time.

Bamboozle is another underrated perk, it's qol, but also cuts many loops short and destroys the shack. Just wonderful.

Last but not least, Franklin's! This perk is a bit vitriolic, but you destroy a lot of the more aggrevating survivor tactics adn a lot of survivors will make really bad calls and are hyper fixated to get their tooled out flashlight or toolbox back. Pro tip: tag dropped items with Hags traps for fun and profit.

• Silasy
    Silasy Member Posts: 228

Shadowborn feels so good on high speed killers.

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897

Kindred.

• Yippiekiyah
    Yippiekiyah Member Posts: 478

Survivor- Bond,Kindred and Alert

Killer- Forced Pennance

• ACleverName4Me
    ACleverName4Me Member Posts: 450

Bond or we're gonna live forever.

Bond because I play solo q.

We're gonna live forever for bp and quick pickups of slugs.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

Bond and Nurse Calling.

• MrDardon
    MrDardon Member Posts: 3,925

Bite the Bullet with Self Care is a really fun combo and I run it with the following build.

BtB, SC, Overcome and Lucky Break.

After getting hit, run away with no Scratch Marks, find a convenient corner and start self caring. It's hilarious when it works.

On Killer, I enjoy Blood Echo alot on Legion cuz F Dead Hard.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,887
    edited June 2022

Survivor: Bond

Killer: Monitor and Abuse (Mikey main)

• neb
    neb Member Posts: 790

Survivor: Head on, Object of Obsession, and Lucky Break.

Killer: Spies from the Shadows, Spirit Fury Enduring (although it's kindve meta but not really), and Coup De Grace.

• Wampirita
    Wampirita Member Posts: 809

You can also point out Nurses, i'm all ears, many killer addons

If you play it well around and save stacks until late game, you can prevent a blood warden play too

• TheMadCat
    TheMadCat Member Posts: 2,203

I'm not playing Killer a lot, so I'm unsure if Call of Brine is meta, but as I rarely see it used by my opponents, I'd say Call of Brine.

For Survivors, I like Fixated (or Self-Aware, if we take the new name). It's great to use in a chase to get Sprint Burst back.

• Marc_123
    Marc_123 Member Posts: 3,507

Kindred - i feel blind without it.

• VolantConch1719
    VolantConch1719 Member Posts: 1,211

Survivor: Object of Obsession. It screws me over more than not, but it's so much fun to use that I don't mind.

Killer: Shadowborn. Especially on shorter Killers or Wraith with Windstorm add-ons, the POV feels so fast that I don't even care about the result.

• TurboTOne
    TurboTOne Member Posts: 347

Survivor: Pharmacy

Plunders Instinct

Killer (Legion): Bamboozle

Spirit Fury

• steponmeadiris
    steponmeadiris Member Posts: 225

On Survivor, I'd say either Empathy or Fixated (I refuse to call it Self-Aware). Empathy is good for telling where a chase is happening, as well as finding and healing your injured teammates. Fixated is just fun — I like walking slightly faster, and seeing your own Scratch Marks is useful for pulling some stealthy plays. Nothing brings me more joy than breaking the Killer's line of sight, powerwalking around a corner, and seeing them look around in confusion.

As Killer I use a variety of non-meta perks, but one that's really underrated is Dark Devotion. It's great on Killers that can insta-down with their M1 or have a special attack, and it really shines on indoor maps. There's just something so fun about being stealthy with the most un-stealthy Killers. Have you ever grabbed someone off of a gen as Doctor, with them being completely unaware? It's hilarious. I do wish they'd buff the effect to last a bit longer, maybe 45 seconds or so, but it's still a very fun perk to use.

• Viskod
    Viskod Member Posts: 854
  • Phantom_
    Phantom_ Member Posts: 1,327

Surv: Flashbang

Killer: Snitches from the shadows

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295

Whispers. In the right hands, no one can hide from it.

• Bartlaus
    Bartlaus Member Posts: 1,026

For the Meme: Bamboozle Nurse

QoL Perk on certain killers: Brutal Strength

Clairvoyance in Solo Q

• M1_gamer
    M1_gamer Member Posts: 346

survivor:bond

killer: shadowborn

• Gryzelda
    Gryzelda Member Posts: 72

Survivor: Second Wind, flashbang and for the people.

Killer: Shadowborn