What If All Survivors Were Unique

Options
2»

Comments

• Araphex
    Araphex Member Posts: 686
    Options

Maybe not all 3 of their personal perks, but one ability that is special to them to enhance certain perks. Sort of like the killers. Example, Claudette was the original "healer" type of survivor. Giving her an ability that only enhances heals would be sufficient. And then make it so no other survivor on the team can pick her so there's only 1 Claudette. I don't know if it's possible in this game, but it works well in games like Evil Dead.

• Chilli_man2400
    Chilli_man2400 Member Posts: 2,882
    Options

I agree when I played Friday I thought she was not a good character but after playing her I realized she’s ######### godly. She’s S tier on counselor rankings. She’s the dead hard of f13 the game

• Tatt3dWon
    Tatt3dWon Member Posts: 514
    Options

you would have to do the same with killers making some of the killers unplayable.

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531
    Options

Yeah I honestly felt bad using her. She’s basically a crutch for people who can’t run Jason well. Fox main all the way!

• Chilli_man2400
    Chilli_man2400 Member Posts: 2,882
    Options
  • CaulDrohn
    CaulDrohn Member Posts: 1,572
    Options

Instead of requiring survivors to use their teachables, which would turn awful for chars like Ace, I propose that characters get a bonus tier of their respective perks. So A Meg for example can use QaQ sooner and looses exhaustion a little bit faster (when using SB) than other characters. Of course that does not work for every teachable currently (IW), but it would be possible, given that we already have three perk tiers per perk. So just fiddling around with the numbers would easily give us a bonus tier only usable by the respective survivors.

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 8,927
    edited June 2022
    Options

Any survivor specific traits would have to be so innocuous as to have virtually no effect, in order to prevent a meta.

But if it were to happen, my prefered route would be giving survivors a Tier 4 (pink 'Ultra Rare') on their own perks.

For example Bill would get Tier 4 Unbreakable that gives you a 33% increase to recovery speed up from 30% at tier 3, Tier 4 Borrowed Time that lasts for 13 seconds instead of 12, etc.

Killers of course would get the same. Bubba's Tier 4 BBQ could give a 125% bonus to BP.

• KerJuice
    KerJuice Member Posts: 1,851
    Options

It would be like you said, less enjoyable. The majority would just flock to whoever has the best default perks.

As far as who would be Meta and who would be the worse survivor, I don’t know. But in my opinion Dwight has the best default load out in the game. Prove Thyself to do gens quicker, bond to get a general idea of what teammates are hurt and where the killer may be, and leader so that your teammates can heal you/open exit gates/do hex totems quicker. He’s the only survivor who I play with all 3 default perks. I added Botany Knowledge so I can heal my team quicker. As a result, that build is one my highest escape rate builds. It’s VERY efficient.

• KerJuice
    KerJuice Member Posts: 1,851
    Options

I doubt anyone would bother with David due to No Mither. The trade off for DH wouldn’t be worth it, IMO.

• AnchorTea
    AnchorTea Member Posts: 1,015
    Options

This would kill the game

• Kuinzu
    Kuinzu Member Posts: 134
    Options

That's really interesting, actually. I personally play all survivors with their three teachables and an extra that either fits their character's lore or synergises with their kit. Makes sure that each character I play has a unique style. If I wanna be an objective-based character that can slip away from the killer, I go Feng Min, if I feel like playing a greedy hatch game, I go Laurie Strode, that kinda thing.

• CriticalWeasel
    CriticalWeasel Member Posts: 378
    Options

Problem With Unique Characters:

• Predictability
    • Versatility
    • Meta Hogs

1: When you see a survivor you absolutely know what to expect. Catching the killer off guard with a perk is actually one of the underrated tactics for survivor.

2: Survivors would become super specialized, which leads to my point 3.

3: Certain survivors will be favored over others.

• Barbarossa2020
    Barbarossa2020 Member Posts: 1,347
    Options

There are a core group of survivors that are favoured anyway, look at the cosmetic balance. It might not be game play but it shows what the narrative is.

My opinion on the initial argument is every character should at least have to use 1 perk that is there own.

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,903
    Options

It’d be a cool exercise in realism that would undermine the game’s variety.

prople would only play the survivors with the strongest perks, so you’d just get lobby after lobby of 4x same guy.

It’d be like a reverse nurse/blight complaint.

• Entitled_survivor
    Entitled_survivor Member Posts: 828
    Options

I would have to forsake my shirtless Gayvid and never play with him ,,,A huge nonononono

• Kuinzu
    Kuinzu Member Posts: 134
    Options

Yeah these are definitely the biggest issues, it would feel quite stale. You'd see the same survivors constantly, much like we see the same perks constantly at the moment. I like that you can mix & match perks to your heart's content. I'd love to see this in action, though. See which survivors kits work well and which ones are seen as downright useless.