QA team even exist?

Options
sorrowen
sorrowen Member Posts: 742
edited January 2019 in General Discussions

After this latest fiasco of not getting event progress I gotta ask the question does a Q&A team even exist? or if they do is the product not checked for bugs and such before going out the door? or it is just given a stamp of approval upon arrival? But Legion exists because of this throwing out half baked ideas without properly testing them.

Post edited by sorrowen on

Comments

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,522
    Options

I'm curious if they even have a Q&A team as well.

• Jim_Halpert
    Jim_Halpert Member Posts: 10
    Options

They only pick questions they know the answers to. Like "Will the hatch patch come back?" or "What was the idea behind the legion?" Stuff that either the entire community asks for or makes them seem smarter. I can't blame them for this tho.

• sorrowen
    Options

Wraith can't break the event lamps while cloaked....

• Bug_Reporter
    Bug_Reporter Member Posts: 673
    edited January 2019
    Options

@sorrowen said:

They are too laze to make a new animation for killers, they did one for survivors tho.

Killers use same atack animation, it isnt a surprise that Wraith cant atack while cloaked.

• Bug_Reporter
    Options

@sorrowen said:
    After this latest fiasco of not getting event progress I gotta ask the question does a Q&A team even exist? or if they do is the product not checked for bugs and such before going out the door? or it is just given a stamp of approval upon arrival? But Legion exists because of this throwing out half baked ideas without properly testing them.

BHVR_Standards

• sorrowen
    Options

Rumor is Freddy can't break them as well

• Bug_Reporter
    Options

@sorrowen said:

Lol if thats true i think its time to unninstall this BS.

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919
    Options

I'd assume "no".

• jus_Ignant
    jus_Ignant Member Posts: 124
    edited January 2019
    Options

@Jim_Halpert said:
    They only pick questions they know the answers to. Like "Will the hatch patch come back?" or "What was the idea behind the legion?" Stuff that either the entire community asks for or makes them seem smarter. I can't blame them for this tho.

Q&A meaning Quality and Assurance.
    Not question and answer.
    People that test the game before putting a patch into production.

• sorrowen
    edited January 2019
    Options

@Bug_Reporter said:

@sorrowen said:

Lol if thats true i think its time to unninstall this BS.

NVM he can but wraith has gotta uncloak to do it

• MojoTheFabulous
    MojoTheFabulous Member Posts: 2,015
    Options

If they exist and this kinda ######### passes through, just imagine how much worse it could be.

• sorrowen
    Options

I ment QA shall edit lol

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786
    edited January 2019
    Options

@Bug_Reporter said:

@sorrowen said:

They are too laze to make a new animation for killers, they did one for survivors tho.

Killers use same atack animation, it isnt a surprise that Wraith cant atack while cloaked.

Sometimes I wonder if you guys made of complaining a job. Where have you seen the "new" survivor animation? The animation is the unhooking one.

• Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526
    Options

@White_Owl said:

@Bug_Reporter said:

@sorrowen said:

Sometimes I wonder if you guys made of complaining a job. Where have you seen the "new" survivor animation? The animation is the unhooking one.

Because anything that seems like they do more for survivors is more ammo the killers mains on this forum think they can use, it's ridiculous.

• Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647
    Options
    SenzuDuck said:

@White_Owl said:

@Bug_Reporter said:

@sorrowen said:

Because anything that seems like they do more for survivors is more ammo the killers mains on this forum think they can use, it's ridiculous.

I actually agree with you on this xD 
  • Bravo0413
    Options
    White_Owl said:

@Bug_Reporter said:

@sorrowen said:

But they are grabbing the lamp and the devs did a decent job at making it look good!! Therefore it has to be new!! KiLlers jUst HavE tO sWinG...... REEEEEEEE!...... idk why theyd wanna be locked in a animation anyways?? Don't we get enough of being locked in place?
  • Unnamed_Freak
    Unnamed_Freak Member Posts: 570
    Options

If they do have a QA team and Darkness Among Us was released the way it was, then I don't want to imagine if they didn’t have one.

• KingB
    KingB Member Posts: 747
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Hopefully it's a bug that the wraith can't break the lamps.
  • Smurftacular86
    Smurftacular86 Member Posts: 10
    Options
    Bravo0413 said:
    White_Owl said:

@Bug_Reporter said:

@sorrowen said:

But they are grabbing the lamp and the devs did a decent job at making it look good!! Therefore it has to be new!! KiLlers jUst HavE tO sWinG...... REEEEEEEE!...... idk why theyd wanna be locked in a animation anyways?? Don't we get enough of being locked in place?
    Isn't it just the unhook animation?
  • HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883
    Options

I doubt it, they just throw out updates and expects us to test it and deal with the bull****.

• CaptainCastle
    CaptainCastle Member Posts: 536
    Options
    not_Queen said:

This is not on the QA team at all. An update to the backend services was the cause of the issue.
    QA team would not have been able to test it.

Do they not have an automation suite that engages the microservices? It might not be on the QA team, but if they aren't equipped then msybe the answer is more appropriately "we don't have a proper QA team", right?
  • Lagoni
    Lagoni Member Posts: 180
    Options

@CaptainCastle said:
    not_Queen said:

This is not on the QA team at all. An update to the backend services was the cause of the issue.

QA team would not have been able to test it.

Do they not have an automation suite that engages the microservices? It might not be on the QA team, but if they aren't equipped then msybe the answer is more appropriately "we don't have a proper QA team", right?

I think their point is, that the backend service update wasn't pushed on the QA testbuild, as it probably didn't have much to do with the event update.

• mintchapstick
    mintchapstick Member Posts: 891
    Options

@jus_Ignant said:
    Q&A meaning Quality and Assurance.
    Not question and answer.
    People that test the game before putting a patch into production.

Actually it's QA, not Q&A. Quality Assurance & bug reporting is actually my IRL job. And I have to say, their QA team is slacking, hahahah. If I let nearly as many problems slide by at work as their team seems to, I would be out of a job.

• Jdsgames
    Jdsgames Member Posts: 1,109
    edited January 2019
    Options

I mean the fact that this event alone.
    - Dc prevents you from getting the lantern
    - It instant respawns and even when red survivors can pick it up.
    - They kill themselves lantern goes back to white.
    - If the survivors cannot leave with them killer is not rewarded.
    - They added nothing to survivor side however the killer side has multiple objectives to try and watch over locate and find. (Gens, Hooks, Actual Moving Live Players, Lanterns, which lantern did which person get from)
    - Survivors intentionally booking it across the map to prevent you from being able to break the lantern after hook. (Distance too far they unhook no longer red)

Things simply slipped past.

Post edited by Jdsgames on
  • Laakeri
    Laakeri Member Posts: 835
    Options
    Dont know you guys, but devs have demostrated multiple times by now that their QA doesnt exist.
  • popoles
    popoles Member Posts: 831
    edited January 2019
    Options
    They must have spaghetti code. I remember when one patch made pallets fly after breaking them, but there was no change to pallets whatsoever.
    Which apparently slipped past QA as well. 
  • SH1FTY423
    SH1FTY423 Member Posts: 85
    edited January 2019
    Options
    I don't think they have a proper half of the stuff that they need I noticed that the Xbox One official club for this game was just a twitch promotion for the Devs...LMFAO and if you're a YouTube content creator for this game but you play on console forget about it.
  • mintchapstick
    Options

@Lagoni said:
    I think their point is, that the backend service update wasn't pushed on the QA testbuild, as it probably didn't have much to do with the event update.

As someone who is a professional in tech/QA--I'm really confused as to why they think a back-end service update is an excuse? All updates should always be tested before going live, even if they aren't expected to be customer-facing.

Maybe they're right and it's not QA's fault--but in that case, it's an overall team issue and it sounds like there's a massive hole in their process that they need to examine and fix.

• Ticon
    Ticon Member Posts: 10
    Options

This event just put it in a coma, period. Lobby time is killing the game.

• Lagoni
    Options

@mintchapstick said:

@Lagoni said:

As someone who is a professional in tech/QA--I'm really confused as to why they think a back-end service update is an excuse? All updates should always be tested before going live, even if they aren't expected to be customer-facing.

Maybe they're right and it's not QA's fault--but in that case, it's an overall team issue and it sounds like there's a massive hole in their process that they need to examine and fix.

Sure, we can agree that pushing an update that causes progression loss is never acceptable (especially during a temporary event), but this was about blaming the QA team for something they couldn't have tested for.

• mintchapstick
    Options

@Lagoni said:
    Sure, we can agree that pushing an update that causes progression loss is never acceptable (especially during a temporary event), but this was about blaming the QA team for something they couldn't have tested for.

Mmm, see. The thing is that I'm not buying that excuse. 'An update to the back-end services' is something that QA can, in fact, test for. I test updates to backend services on staging environments all of the time in my own work. What should be done is that the update is first done on a test build so that QA can do regression testing. If they're not doing updates, even backend updates, on test builds and letting QA at them first, then their development process is broken and needs to be reexamined so that they don't keep breaking the game.

• Pizzaman
    Pizzaman Member Posts: 498
    edited February 2019
    Options

@Jdsgames said:

• Dc prevents you from getting the lantern

It clearly states, that you have to escape with the lantern to get the points. If a DC happens (either Killer or you, you don't escape, hence you don't get the lantern points for an escape. Sounds logical, does it? Also, imagine if you got the points even though a DC happened. It could be abused. And it would be, you know it. People would collect laterns and pull the cable.

@Jdsgames said:

• It instant respawns and even when red survivors can pick it up

Why shouldn't it be possible to pick it up, when it's red. Red only indicates that now the killer is able to destroy the lantern. Nothing else was ever communicated.

@Jdsgames said:

• They kill themselves lantern goes back to white.

Lanterns are red, as long as a survivor is hooked. So, it's logical that however the hook is free'd up (unhook, or struggle stage ende) the Lanters go back to glowing white.

@Jdsgames said:

• If the survivors cannot leave with them killer is not rewarded.

The Killer is rewarded for hooking survivors, which is is main objective. What's the problem here? If you want more points, you should raise this issue and ask for more points by hooking survivors.

@Jdsgames said:

• They added nothing to survivor side however the killer side has multiple objectives to try and watch over locate and find. (Gens, Hooks, Actual Moving Live Players, Lanterns, which lantern did which person get from)

It sounds like you're making this up (btw. you forgot to add "keeping track of landing crows and opened chests"). Of course the lanterns were added for both parties (and everybody needs to locate them, not just killers. And if you get hooked, you again have to locate a latern that wasn't already taken or destroyed). Both sides have one more optional objective. Nobody has to do them.

@Jdsgames said:

• Survivors intentionally booking it across the map to prevent you from being able to break the lantern after hook. (Distance too far they unhook no longer red)

Not sure what you're talking about here. Are you saying that survivors are strategically getting lanterns from specific locations that are intentionally spread far away? lul pls.

• Lagoni
    Options

@mintchapstick said:

@Lagoni said:

Mmm, see. The thing is that I'm not buying that excuse. 'An update to the back-end services' is something that QA can, in fact, test for. I test updates to backend services on staging environments all of the time in my own work. What should be done is that the update is first done on a test build so that QA can do regression testing. If they're not doing updates, even backend updates, on test builds and letting QA at them first, then their development process is broken and needs to be reexamined so that they don't keep breaking the game.

Yes exactly, but again. Apparently they didn't, which is not on the QA team. Now if they were testing a build with this update that caused the problem, then yes; it's a ######### QA team (with how obvious the bug was).
    The QA team is just people doing their job, the problem is probably that no one gave them the opportunity to test for this.
    But hey man. I think we agree that it's bs to roll out bugs as easy to test as these, so let's just leave it at that.
    Have a nice monday :)

• Tenebro
    Tenebro Member Posts: 89
    Options

@mintchapstick said:

Ye, I work in this sector too, in defining and refining the development process of various projects of my company. And I agree that this should never ever happen, otherwise their development process needs to be reexamined asap: not only you spend time to fix these bugs that should never exists in production environment, you also loose a lot of time in your internal development, and you do not even realize it! Because time = money, this should be the top priority task to address.

• Sel
    Sel Member Posts: 92
    Options

@Bug_Reporter said:

@sorrowen said:

Which animation is this, then? Surely you don't mean the grabbing lamp one? If so, that's just the saving off hook animation..

• Supernaut
    Supernaut Member Posts: 1,523
    Options

@sorrowen said:

False. Freddy breaks just fine.

• Bravo0413
    Options
    Bravo0413 said:
    White_Owl said:

@Bug_Reporter said:

@sorrowen said:

Isn't it just the unhook animation?
    Yes they just used the unhook animation... people think it's a new animation for whatever reason..