So yeah about the community challenge...

Options
Brimp
Brimp Member Posts: 2,788
edited June 2022 in General Discussions

Yeah unless the values get changed we are not getting the full community challenge rift branch done. We are barely at 1/6 of the first challenge being completed when the event only last 13 days...

Also don't forget there is 2 pages to this.

Comments

• Xx_Daniel_xX69
    Xx_Daniel_xX69 Member Posts: 214
    Options

One question I have is what skill checks count towards it? Say a killer has overcharge (the doctor perk that after kicking you have a small skill check) and he keeps kicking and you go back and do the skill check would that count? If so then I'd start farming with killer, probably wraith with his add ons that make him kick quicker.

• taimea
    taimea Member Posts: 84
    Options

Did they really think that many people would play this event or did they just want us to fail?

• Bwsted
    Bwsted Member Posts: 3,452
    Options

The other times we has community challenges nothing had to be selected and the all tracked progress simultaneously.

I wouldn't be surprised if many people just assumed they still work that way and didn't even select them.

And by the way, they should've been made to work like in the past. As they are now we were set to fail.

• thenegativone
    thenegativone Member Posts: 254
    Options

They surely do work in the background without needing to be selected, aside from the personal portion. Rift challenges just came out yesterday and everyone is doing the challenges at the bottom.

• burt0r
    burt0r Member Posts: 4,097
    edited June 2022
    Options

Don't forget the 2 million daily logins from a month or two back.

Means every player (not killer only) would have to kick 15 gens. That's not so much /s

That's probably been their mindset designing this crap. Forgetting that killer to survivor ratio on average is below 20%.

Edit: Ah sorry i forgot the part about survivor doing the number of random skill checks per gen.

• Ladyinadress18
    Ladyinadress18 Member Posts: 243
    Options

Since you can only do the community event challenges OR the solo tome challenges… I’ve opted to work through the solo one since I paid for the pass. It feels more rewarding. Now, if I could select both, then I certainly would. But I can’t, and yes I did go check and was surprised they made it “one or the other” but opted to have the event at the same time as the current tome.

• Carrow
    Carrow Member Posts: 500
    Options

Yes, this was not very well thought out by the person designing this whole thing.

• HectorBrando
    HectorBrando Member Posts: 3,167
    Options

Fits perfectly seeing how well the comunity behaves lately.

Its actually very well thought, the comunity behaves egostistically and like kids? we dont achieve a single thing.

• Annso_x
    Annso_x Member Posts: 1,611
    Options

Honestly it would have been much easier if the community challenge didn't need to be selected or if the reward for doing your part was higher than regular challenges, bc 15k BPs & 3 rift fragments for kicking 40 gens is not worth it when you can do most of the other challenges in one game, so ppl prioritize solo challenges first.

• Salacia
    Salacia Member Posts: 51
    Options

They are also underestimating the huge player loss due to camping/tunnel/team.

• StarLost
    StarLost Member Posts: 8,077
    Options

It's also that the way this works is as clear as mud, and the number is a...bit much. At the current rate of gain, we'll get the first one and maybe the second one done by the end of the event, assuming the base doesn't fall off.

This is going to have to get tweaked, or the devs are playing a rather nasty little prank on us.

I think it's more that the playerbase doubling overnight has completely krangled the SBMM system.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,714
    edited June 2022
    Options

Steam charts has players up +16% over the last 30 days.