x5 Frightful Flan and survivors still try hard

Disgusting. Absolutely disgusting. I've played 3 matches in a row where there was 5 frightful flans and they SWEAT so hard, they try SO hard to gen rush and escape without letting me get a single hook. I barely get any bloodpoints and they get away with it all.

These events are awful because the players make it awful. Can the killers just get full rewards for being too chill??? It's just a waste of flan at this point.

Comments

• fulltonon
    fulltonon Member Posts: 5,762

I mean with x5 frightful flan they can try hard without fear of little BP

• Supersaz
    Supersaz Member Posts: 7

Exactly this, not everyone's going to play by your rules just cause there's some offerings in the game. People want to play the way they want to play, regardless if there's mounds of BP to be gained, they might not need them for example.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713
    edited June 2022

“I’m mad the other players are trying to win.” 🙄

• HectorBrando
    HectorBrando Member Posts: 3,167

One thing is playing properly like those Survivors did or Killer trying to get the 4K and another thing is DCing/suiciding on first hook and camping/tunneling, normal gameplay is to be expected.

• Shaped
    Shaped Member Posts: 5,869

Why do you people min max in multiplayer game? You can't force people to play how you want.

Cakes are abundant so using them makes sense. It doesn't mean everyone will farm.

Just play the game how you want to and let others do the same. It will make your life easier trust me. It's not like your life depends on that bp. Chill.

• socalfusions
    socalfusions Member Posts: 123

It's hilarious reading killers complaining about performing the main objective in the game yet they regularly make the conscious decision to tunnel or camp to their own detriment instead of doing the optimal objective.

Somehow sitting on a generator when not being chased is construed to being toxic it's baffling, majority of my matches are killers speed walking back to hook at the mere thought of unhooking the survivor that was probably tunneled or will be shortly right after being unhooked.

Killers just have a sour mindset in this game and it's almost a meme to play like a douche and camp or tunnel a survivor out of the match all while they complain about gens being done. God forbid they try and compare teabagging and clicking a flash light to being forced out of the match through tunneling and camping, totally similar 😂

• Grandpa_Crack_Pipe
    Grandpa_Crack_Pipe Member Posts: 3,306

Yeahh. So far, none of my survivors games have had a killer go for anything less than total blood. I'd love to see a chill killer, I always try to be one for events.

I could just be very, very unlucky, but it doesn't seem like it, and I don't blame survivors for not taking chances.

• TheycallmeLix
    TheycallmeLix Member Posts: 334

Same thing can be said about Killers. They camp/tunnel at 5 gen and don’t benefit at all from the 5 Flans.. This is why Survivors gen rush and tryhard, because Killers will also sweat and tryhard so much in those games.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

To be fair, I won't be playing any different from normal regardless of how many flans there are. I always treat flans, cakes, and BPS as thought they are puddings.

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,277

just don't use your flan right now.

• Journeywalker
    Journeywalker Member Posts: 41

No good deed goes unpunished...

Here's a few rounds I had last night, all with 4-5x Flan (I always bring flan).

First round of the night, I use yellow add-ons, I'm getting into the festivities, I like the vibe, I search for an invitation. BAM. Flashlights. BAM. Head On. BAM. DS. BAM. Dead Hard through bear trap. Result: 0K with a side of teabagging at both exits. GGEZ'd in chat.

Ok, I guess I'll have to try harder...maybe some different add-ons.

Leon goes down almost immediately, but everyone's body blocking and going for the save. I sweat it out for a 2K. End game chat: "What a tryhard. Every party needs a pooper."

Ok, maybe I should try being altruistic. Switch to Doctor.

0K, 0K, 0K. Those aren't "okay's" those are the number of kills I get as Doctor. Next round, I get my purple add-ons ready and go bravely into the dawn of war...and I am mashing potatoes. 2 sacrifices and one gen done. I recalibrate, start only using my non-lethal tools as Doctor. They eventually catch on that I'm just shocking them, and everyone remaining has a BP fest. They kindly leave their items before exiting the gates, and I wave goodbye to the only 2 decent people I meet all night.

The rest of the night was awful, capped with one of the most bizarre rodeos at Dead Dog Saloon I've ever had. I'm playing Trapper, so early game is a bit quiet, but I get the notification from Tinkerer so I know it's go time. I eventually hook the Nea and go searching for the rest, expecting the next gen to pop any second...and it never comes. I'm all the way across the map and they don't even bother unhooking the Nea. This is weird. Where'd everyone go, bingo? I patrol the gens, expecting something to happen at any moment. Nope. But if they were AFK, there'd be crows, right? I'm running around the stage frantically looking for something, anything, anyone. And then I stub my toe on a survivor. I wouldn't have noticed his existence except that my movement was hindered as I walked through the bush in the shadows. I realize I've been hijacked by hide-and-seekers. I should have changed the brightness settings at that point, but hindsight is 20-20. It took roughly 45 minutes to track the rest down, and I admit that in my frustration, I probably looked like a fool swinging at every bush in sight. It was embarrassing. End game chat: GGEZ lol.

TL;DR: There are specks of humanity in the fog, but there is also a giant void where the heart should be.

• Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,494

Damn you make me bit feel im evil killer I play for 3K and let last one escape usually. I try to play fair as is possible while I can still win. Few matches I let 2 escape but usually I want to pip.

• Akumakaji
    Akumakaji Member Posts: 5,164

By all means, its not mandatory or anything ^^ But everyone benefits and its a nice change of pace, if it works out. But there is still a giant share of sweaty games were the survivors try to foil each and every hook by either flashlight saves or bodyblocks/sabotage actions.

On the other hand, I had a really fun and somewhat bizzare action lately. It was a game were we finished all gens without a whiff of the killers terror radius and no one went down or anything. Then people swarmed out to find items, invitations, loot boxes, whatever, and suddenly one goes down and gets immediately hooked in the basement. Turned out there was a basement defender Bubba the whole time :D The other two survivors tried to trade hooks and it didn't really work out and soon there were two survivors hanging on the hooks in the basement.

I came down there, looked at the Bubba and he just shook his head. I nodded and walked to his side and together we watched the two fools die. I then waved him good bye and left the trial.

• StarLost
    StarLost Member Posts: 8,077
    edited June 2022

I'm extremely chill, and kicked up another chill notch for the event - but SBMM is completely busted right now.

I'm an intermediate player, usually facing other 700-1000 hour people, but now it's 3000 hour people in SWF murder squads situation, game after game, who immediately split up perfectly on gens with BNP toolboxes, and even with me downing them in a decent time, I'm still at 1 gen left before the 5 minutes mark. Or it's a duo with event flashlights abusing double lockers to be unhookable. Or it's a 4man SWF with 1 further hook offering, 1 Eyrie offering, 1 mist offering and 1 flan who keep that one area by the shack unhookable with a sabo and always run there.

I really don't like playing super hard, but it's that or get 0k and have an entire group teabagging me in the exit gates and mocking me in postgame, which I don't appreciate.

On the other side, I'm seeing just as many BM, camping killers as before, if not more.

This event is really grating my cheese. Somehow, it's brought out the worst in people.

Probably a chicken/egg situation. A survivor gets camped by a killer that just got stank by a group far beyond their skill level and BMed, and goes on to be nasty to the next killer, who passes it on to their next opponents.

• Leatherface1990
    Leatherface1990 Member Posts: 718
    edited June 2022

I tried a match first match. 5 flans havent played in weeks. Get matched with a Blight with Lethal pursurer he comes for me lol game is dumb. My rank was reset like lol tryhard

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,762
    edited June 2022

SBMM? Not work? Who could've possibly forseen this one?

But fr, events bring out the worst in people without fail, all the time. Consistently. It's why I don't actually play during Bloodhunts, because I know what it's like.

• DrDeepwound
    DrDeepwound Member Posts: 2,557
    edited June 2022

My one complaint is why open the gates so fast, I obviously let you guys do gens, no one seems to go look for the invitations, they just run out.

In chat Im like "guys I was letting you get masks why leave so fast?"

only had one or two teams yesterday understand not to do gates go look for invitations then leave

all matches yesterday I played nice, 360 hooking, moonwalking while carrying survs etc...

• Grandpa_Crack_Pipe
    Grandpa_Crack_Pipe Member Posts: 3,306

Yup. And then everyone screams that no, not their chicken, their chicken would never start anything, it was those damn eggs.

When the actual answer is holy actual God who cares, it couldn't be proven even if it was important.

• Sluzzy
    Sluzzy Member Posts: 3,130

Killers are way more guilty of sweating and tryharding. Even with a DC, killers are tunneling. Horrible.

• Akumakaji

Its Bubba main's way of expressing love and affection and actually surprisingly wholesome. <3

• Hannacia
    Hannacia Member Posts: 1,281

So far my killer games today have been horrible. People rush the gens and play like elite survivors. Not enjoyable.

I should start tunneling..

• StarLost

To be fair, RBMM felt like this *all the time*.

Thing is - I can dial it up and play hard too. I also don't mind losing (I just get annoyed when it's a stomp, or I get BMed after playing extremely fairly). I just...don't like playing sweaty, I feel genuinely bad when someone gets sacrificed without a decent wodge of BP, especially with me gradually learning the survivor role and realizing how it feels from the other end.

I can play like that, and generally at least contest the game - but I burn out quick on that.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,762

Despite many of our disputes it does genuinely feel like we play killer in the same way from this discription lmao

• StarLost

:) Yup.

Eh, we disagree on the finer points of some political stuff - which is good. Great even (nothing would ever get figured out if everyone thought the same way, or had the same experiences).

But I do see that we both genuinely love this game, despite it occasionally not loving us back. We're all nerds on the internet here, playing a videogame.

• Sluzzy
  • Akumakaji

But there is so muhc love to give, so much chili to be made and only 13 days left! Panic!

• StarLost

I play both roles about evenly, Sluzzy. I'd say that both killers and survivors sweat equally, but survivors are slightly more likely to be massively BM about it.

Regardless, your well known bias notwithstanding, this isn't a one sided issue. This comes down to moderation, and trying to craft a better, more wholesome community - not egging both sides on indiscriminately.

• Pizzaman
    Pizzaman Member Posts: 500

That's absolutely right and that's the exact reason why "incentives" will never fix camping or tunneling.

• thenegativone
    thenegativone Member Posts: 254

Just play the game and try hard yourself

• Tatt3dWon
    Tatt3dWon Member Posts: 514

i mean killers are doing the same thing so whats your point? SuRvIvOr MeAn MaKe Me SaD

• SleepyWillo
    SleepyWillo Member Posts: 2,197

I've had way more chill games playing as killer than as survivor.

The majority of my survivor matches are like this:

When I play killer, esp during events, I play as nice as possible. If I 2 hook everyone and just let them go my MMR tanks and I get even easier games for the rest of the event. Why killers go out of their way to be toxic, just to shoot themselves in the foot, is beyond me..

• TheLastHook
    TheLastHook Member Posts: 495
    edited June 2022

Dunno my first matches on the event were a total slaughter, let none survive.

Saw some guys with the token, yet kill them all. Some had brand new parts, flashlights and all.

Then I decided to play the 🐦 lady that barely used and gave some room.

Realized, they wouldn't complain when literally looping me from vault to vault on that ship map. 4 escaped, which was my fault for committing 5 gens.

Yet, the only thing Survivors where giving me for free most matches was the 1 hit end of match at the gate. And some may just be trolling.

So I felt bad with that one guy who pointed to an invitation and literally killed him, but, look... guy don't go with brand new parts, maps and #########... If you wanna get out for free that's fun and all, but... then don't humiliate the killer side genrushing.

I have been getting near 200k per match points and 3k/4k consistently, some four escapes due too crutches and not bringing NOED but... a ton of pressure on Survivors whatever they got they deserve it lmao. I even got some even without looking for it.

So if you wanna play "invitation game" make it clear since the beginning.

I play for the kills and bp don't care about Survivor skins.

• Sluzzy

I play both roles too and I find way more killers that are sweaty. It is easier for a single person to ruin the match for 4 others.

• SoloQKev
    SoloQKev Member Posts: 164

I have had it on the other side, I played survivor kept using flans and also teammates did. Killer didnt use any and they made sure survivors went to struggle on first hook and tunnelled them nodding everytime they got downed. So I stopped using them.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,060

4 Flans and a BPS. Got tombstoned.

Luckily stuff like that is allowed to stay in the game, but having a fully functional Iron Will is a big No-No...

• AbsolutGrndZer0
    AbsolutGrndZer0 Member Posts: 1,370

Happens the other way around too. Killer just tunnels me out on first hook, its why I decided that I am now a Haddie main. If killers are going to tunnel me, I'm going to give them a reason to. I bring a flashlight every game and I use it at every pallet. I do everything that makes me angry and want to tunnel someone when I am playing killer. Funny enough, I've actually been getting MORE escapes than I usually did before and I've gotten Adept Haddie 28 times since the event started (Yes, I am just running Haddie with her three perks cause why not?)

• TotemSeeker91
    TotemSeeker91 Member Posts: 2,358

Yeah... cause survivors don't complain, it's only killers that are hypocrites

• TotemSeeker91
    TotemSeeker91 Member Posts: 2,358

Dang it gramps, join my game, I'm the best friendly killer around, lol

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,144

Yeah, I've seen some Tombstone Mikeys, too. If it were a normal time, I might be okay with helping him earn his achievement, but I'm tired of seeing this stuff during a Bloodhunt with 4+ flans burned. I hadn't seen Tombstone Mikeys in forever, and suddenly in the past couple days I've gotten a bunch. Today, five gens were left and the others were dead, no one had made any points. So, I refused to let go of the gen. He tried to force it, but in the end he got impatient and hooked me.