Please check if your issue has already been reported first!

When reporting a bug, please follow the template provided, otherwise the report will be declined. The information requested is vital to allow us to correctly reproduce and then fix what you are reporting.
We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

PC - Incorrect Resolution Is Used (High DPI Scaling Issue)

Hazdryx
Hazdryx Member Posts: 2

Description

When playing on PC, changing the monitor scaling in Windows causes the resolution to change based on the scaling. For example: If you are running a 2160p monitor at 200% scaling, the in-game resolution will be 1080p (including 3D and UI); on the other hand, if you change the scaling to 100%, it works as expected.

Example

How to Reproduce

1. Launch the Game
  2. Open Display Settings in Windows
  3. Change your Scale and Layout percentage
  4. Dead by Daylight will change resolutions

I hope this gets fixed because switching from 125% scaling to 100% scaling every time I play will be a hassle. Thanks!

3 votes

Pending · Last Updated

Comments

• Hazdryx
    Hazdryx Member Posts: 2

Since this issue has not been resolved yet, and there seems to be no acknowledgment of its existence, I built a simple windows app to warn me if my DPI is not set to 100% when I launch Dead by Daylight.

https://github.com/hazdryx/WindowsScaleWarning

This software is provided as-is, but I will continue to work on it if anyone else wants to use it.

• Lyn
    Lyn Member Posts: 12

Please fix this BHVR, my game is so blurry unless I make my entire Windows tiny for this one game :/