The end of exclusive Skins..

Options

Really doesn't provide much incentive to go out and do this event.

Why when I can just pick them up whenever?

More importantly why are Exclusive skins no longer a thing?

I missed out on quite a few events in the past, and it sucks. Sucks that I didn't have a chance to earn those cosmetics, and yet it was that alone, that made me grind out last years chinese new year cosmetics.

Why?

Because it would give me something to show off.

I love my Wolf Mask for Huntress. Why? Because not everyone has it, and not everyone will EVER have it. That's the way current event skins should be.

Even keeping the option to just BUY them is fine, but PLEASE remove them from the shop after the event.

Comments

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223
    Options

I don't see a problem with it. If you want to spend your money on this stuff, I won't stop you, but I sure as hell won't buy it with real cash. I'd much rather play the event to get this stuff for free than pay for it. But if I can't get it anymore, and it's something I REALLY wanted then I might consider spending the money on it. Unlikely though.

• Iceman
    Iceman Member Posts: 1,457
    Options
    weirdkid5 said:
    Exclusive skins should not be a thing in a game you have to pay for. I say this as a Legacy owner
    Dead by daylight cost about $20-$30 and has been out for over 2years. If you have been playing over a month I would say that you got your money worth.

Cosmetics is not something you have to have. Exclusive cosmetics are the perfect way for the devs to get money from their current players. 
  • terrortil
    terrortil Member Posts: 78
    Options

@weirdkid5 said:
    Exclusive skins should not be a thing in a game you have to pay for. I say this as a Legacy owner

Why? Purchasable I could understand but why exclusive? They are a reward for longtime and consistent players. It's a "look i was there" thing that pleases many people. It can also motivate people to attend an event even though they are currently taking a break from the game.

• Belhemot
    Belhemot Member Posts: 3
    Options

@thesuicidefox said:
    I don't see a problem with it. If you want to spend your money on this stuff, I won't stop you, but I sure as hell won't buy it with real cash. I'd much rather play the event to get this stuff for free than pay for it. But if I can't get it anymore, and it's something I REALLY wanted then I might consider spending the money on it. Unlikely though.

Yeah but the problem here is the you can buy the skins after the event it destroyed the whole idea of having event items

• fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388
    Options

@Vortexas said:

I missed out on quite a few events in the past, and it sucks. Sucks that I didn't have a chance to earn those cosmetics, and yet it was that alone, that made me grind out last years chinese new year cosmetics.

Why?

I love my Wolf Mask for Huntress. Why? Because not everyone has it, and not everyone will EVER have it. That's the way current event skins should be.

Even keeping the option to just BUY them is fine, but PLEASE remove them from the shop after the event.

I agree event skins should be exclusive to the players that played the event. I was ok with people being able to buy the Hallowed Blight because they made so many skins and you had no other way to get them all if you wanted them. I don't think the skins should be purchasable. It diminishes the value.

• terrortil
    terrortil Member Posts: 78
    edited February 2019
    Options

edit: nvm ... I misread.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    Options

@Vortexas said:

Why?

Why?

Because $$$

• LCGaster
    LCGaster Member Posts: 3,154
    Options

I honestly agree, this skins where made for an event, and should be a reward for those who were there. For example, look at the Hallowed Blight skins, those are awesome, but you can still buy them on the store which makes them not so special anymore. They could have just made them unavailable until the next Halloween event, I am 100% sure that other killers will get Hallowed Blight skins for the next Halloween event, so they could have made them available only for that limited amount of time since those skins are so awesome and more people would have bought them since they would have been on "Limited edition", but since those skins are always on the store people just look at them like "Oh, well, I'll just wait until the price goes down". Having them available only for a limited time would have been a smarter decision even financially

• DelsKibara
    DelsKibara Member Posts: 3,127
    Options

I personally disagree with making skins exclusive.
    Stuff like cosmetics are pretty much worthless in the long run, any value it has will mostly vary from people to people.

I do understand however, why people like seeing exclusive skins.
    Having something others don't have is always a good feeling, because you know that others can't get it no matter how hard they tried.
    That is how I feel when I got Chuckles and Dweard.
    However, that doesn't mean players after the event shouldn't be able to get the skins at all.

After all, they're cosmetic. They don't give any advantages, and in the long run, these skins are another source of revenue for BHVR, which is what they ultimately care for.

• Dwight_Confusion
    Dwight_Confusion Member Posts: 1,650
    Options

It would be cool if some skins were hardcore exclusive to an event. I agree. I would prefer this actually, but that isn't what's happening, and it's whatever to me.

It's 10 bucks for a outfit after the event. Or 4.00 for a piece of it. So 10 bucks at once or 12 bucks over time.

No shards.

Or... or....

or...

You can play, have fun and get all of it for free. (The last 3 coins are a bit grindy for sure though)

I'm happy that we have the chance to just earn them I guess.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223
    Options

@Belhemot said:

@thesuicidefox said:

Yeah but the problem here is the you can buy the skins after the event it destroyed the whole idea of having event items

But you are paying MONEY for them. If you are a person like me you won't be spending MONEY on this stuff, you would play the event to get it for free.

• TeambossFloze
    TeambossFloze Member Posts: 1,260
    Options

@thesuicidefox said:

@Belhemot said:

@thesuicidefox said:

But you are paying MONEY for them. If you are a person like me you won't be spending MONEY on this stuff, you would play the event to get it for free.

I don't think the OP will ever get it so might as well save your breath/fingers

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167
    Options
    Firstly because not everyone has cash to purchase digital clothing. 
    Second because why pay for it if just playing the game can earn you the same thing.
    Your right about exclusive skins though, they should keep holiday event skins locked till the next event comes round. I know people complain about good skins and pay walls but that helps support the game, in regards to event skins they should just be about participation within the set window of time. 
  • Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647
    Options
    I agree so much with this... if there was some sort of exclusive reward this event would be that much better......
  • weirdkid5
    weirdkid5 Member Posts: 2,144
    Options
    terrortil said:

@weirdkid5 said:

Why? Purchasable I could understand but why exclusive? They are a reward for longtime and consistent players. It's a "look i was there" thing that pleases many people. It can also motivate people to attend an event even though they are currently taking a break from the game.

Because it isn't that serious. Exclusive items are padding to get returning players back without addressing the issues of the game.

Not to mention you have people that feel like they missed out. Like I said, as a Legacy player, exclusive items are complete bullshit.
  • HavelmomDaS1
    HavelmomDaS1 Member Posts: 1,948
    Options
    Relax? As if it would mean anything to "show off" and flex what you got in a 20 bucks video game. It's a virtual world. Don't you have anything to bother more in real life right now? 
  • Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,009
    Options

@Vortexas said:

Why?

or give us a special way of knowing that its exclusive like different color option to it

• Detective_Jonathan
    Detective_Jonathan Member Posts: 1,165
    Options

They should remove some of the cosmetics once the event is over, they did that last time with the last event. Don't see why all of a sudden they need to be left in the store. Pointless and a waste of time.

• TheHourMan
    TheHourMan Member Posts: 1,052
    Options
    A lot of good points were raised on both sides. I personally like exclusive skins for people who were there at the beginning, but not really for events.
  • Speshul_Kitten
    Speshul_Kitten Member Posts: 1,861
    Options
    Vortexas said:

Why?

Vortexas said:

Why?

Thank you, someone who doesn’t think you should just buy a skin whenever you feel like it. Glad the Huntress, Feng and David skins are gone from last year.
  • Bug_Reporter
    Bug_Reporter Member Posts: 673
    Options

@Vortexas said:

Why?

Not everyone can afford paying for these ugly skins, ppl get it for free and can brag about it later, as the great majority wont have them because they didnt get in the event and dont wanna buy, the skins will continue being valuable.

• Milord
    Milord Member Posts: 273
    Options
    What they should do is create a system that allow us to easily view other players' outfit rarity in the lobby or end-game summary. Then, they can make it so event-grinded outfits have event rarity, while purchased outfits have ultra rare rarity. This way, older players will still have something special while newer players can have access to cosmetics.
  • Paddy4583
    Paddy4583 Member Posts: 864
    Options
    Vortexas said:

Why?

Also most 18+ should have jobs and don’t have the time to spend gaining all the required event rewards. 
    I’m who cares if people buy them of grind them it makes no difference IMO