Which killer/survivor perks should be basekit?

Options
fogdonkey
fogdonkey Member Posts: 1,567

Which killer/survivor perks should be basekit in your opinion? Or at least a weakened version of them?

Let me know in the comments!

Comments

• MikaelaWantsYourBoon
    MikaelaWantsYourBoon Member Posts: 6,564
    Options

I will go for most popular options.

Corrupt because early game is so bad for killers and Corrupt makes it a bit better.

BT because it is best anti-camp/anti-tunnel perk but survivor should lose collision for making this balanced.

• StarLost
    StarLost Member Posts: 8,077
    edited June 2022
    Options

For survivor:

Kindred - minus the killer aura reading.

Kinship.

The BP gains from WGLF

For killer:

Deerstalker

Corrupt (in some reduced form, to help with the 'gen got finished before I made it to that part of the map' moments).

The BP gains from BBQ

• M1_gamer
    M1_gamer Member Posts: 339
    Options

for survivor i think kindred in some way,shape or form just to help solo survivors

for killer either brutal or shadowborn

• fogdonkey
    fogdonkey Member Posts: 1,567
    Options

Survivor:

Kindred without seeing the killer aura.

Totem counter from small game.

BT with removed collision of unhooked survivor.

Unbreakable with no recovery boost and should take at least 60 seconds to get up.

Killer:

Corrupt

BBQ bloodpoints

• Firellius
    Firellius Member Posts: 4,126
    Options

DS, minus EGC

UB, but only at gens and much slower

Corrupt Intervention.

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455
    Options

Probably a shorter BT for survivors, and a milder Ruin for killers. Then rework/nerf gen regression perks and second chance perks for survivors.

Also you can make the basekit ruin a lot weaker or take it away when one survivor dies, making "tunneling" weaker.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,794
    edited June 2022
    Options

Survivor: Kindred. I agree it should be without the killer aura reading.

Killer: Corrupt. It runs out after 90 seconds and you become a three perk killer for the rest of the match. So I think its perfectly fine being base kit for killers.

• Marigoria
    Marigoria Member Posts: 6,090
    Options

Why without the killer aura reading? One of the problems in solo q is that people go for the save because they dont know the killer is camping.

With aura reading the only people that would suffer would be facecampers.

• Marigoria
    Options

Killer: Corrupt and maybe shadowborn

Survivor: Kindred and BT

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Options

Unless its a face camping Bubba or tombstone Myers then the killer camping isn't an issue. You make the decision to save if you have BT or risk a save and hope the survivor has DS. Either is better than just leaving them to die.

• Marigoria
    Options

So it's a hoping game.

I disagree that it's better. Me saving someone without BT and they dont have DS and go straight to the hook again wasted time i could use to finish a gen.

• DoritoHead
    DoritoHead Member Posts: 3,546
    Options

Survivor: Kindred, maybe have the killer aura reading nerfed in some way

Borrowed Time

Killer: Deerstalker and a nerfed form of Corrupt maybe

• Dwight_Fairfield
    edited June 2022
    Options

Solo queue is all about taking chances. You don't know what perks your team mates have or how much experience they have. Having aura reading on the killer doesn't change that. Only bad team mates leave you to die on hook in situations where there's a chance for you to be rescued.

• Marigoria
    Options

I shouldnt have to take chances and hope my team mates are in a similar skillset as me.

I disagree, I'd rather my 3 team mates not save me and finish gens against a facecamper than to go for the save and give the killer more free kills.

• Hatu7
    Hatu7 Member Posts: 10
    Options

Survivor : Kindred WITH aura reading, it will help lessen the difference between sfw and soloq, and a weakened version of BT and DS : both with shorter timers, no collision for BT and you lose your DS if you start getting healed.

Killer : Corrupt, and not really other perks but baseline gen regression changes, like kicking applying a 5% regression

• Dwight_Fairfield
    edited June 2022
    Options

You shouldn't have to but you have no choice. The current SBMM doesn't cater to skill. It caters to how often they escape. You could be playing with three survivors who have skated to high MMR because they chilled in the back of the map and walked out the exit thanks to their team mates doing all the work. Again getting aura reading on the killer doesn't change that.

What makes you think your three team mates would not try and save you even if they knew the killer was camping? There's a reason BT is meta. Not that survivors with no BT don't go in and save too because that is just as common. Once again something that aura reading on the killer doesn't change.

• MrPeanutbutter
    MrPeanutbutter Member Posts: 1,586
    Options

I’d like to see either Corrupt or BBQ as basekit for killer, and Kindred as base kit for survivor. Some will complain that Kindred won’t be of much help for SWF but that’s kind of the whole point. Killer and solo q need buffs - SWF does not.

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,903
    Options

I'd rather see changes that made other builds more viable than just the meta. You can build for a number of play styles but basically the strongest build is chase extending on survivors and slowdown on killers.

If we make aspects of other builds basekit all we get is people doubling down on an already stale meta. I want to bring my chase extending build every game but I also want to be safe when I hook save and be efficient on gens too.

• xEmoGirlxAlexisx
    xEmoGirlxAlexisx Member Posts: 593
    edited June 2022
    Options

Killer :

Corrupt for a better Early Game

A weaker Version of Ruin ( some Killers dont have Time to always Kick a Gen to regress it ) but killer can still Kik the Gen if they have perks like pop to give the Gen some extra gen Regression

• rvzrvzrvz
    rvzrvzrvz Member Posts: 940
    Options

WGLF... this perk is really a wasted slot, BBQ isn't incredible but atleast it can be useful sometimes

• TeabaggingGhostface
    TeabaggingGhostface Member Posts: 3,108
    Options

Survivor: pebble

Killer: also pebble