Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.
The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Will the prestige rework make all my account progress worthless?

So if this prestige rework will make it so that you need p3 to get all perks tier 3 on other characters, does that mean you will have to unlock those perks again if you have not prestige’s every character? I don’t prestige bc for several years it has had no benefit whatsoever. I have almost all teachable perks unlocked for the killers and survivors I own. Does this mean I will have to unlock them again because I didn’t want to waste my time prestiging like 40 characters 3 times each? This would increase the grind for a lot of players who also didn’t prestige, because they would essentially have to restart progression in getting perks you want for the characters you want again. So like 400 hours down the drain?

Answers

• brubli
    brubli Member Posts: 214

I'm not sure I understand your whole post, but you're worried about losing all your other perks by prestiging? As far as I understand the new prestige system won't make you lose anything so your perks/add-ons will be safe.

• WilliamAlex
    WilliamAlex Member Posts: 2

sorry I realize it was very unclear. I understand that you keep perks that you currently have on a character. So I have most of my characters at level 40 so that they are unlocked for other killers. What I’m worried about is that level 40 will mean nothing and not allow perks to be taught to other killers, since instead of getting to level 40, I have to prestige a character 3 times to get a tier 3 perk. I understand that the prestige will unlock it instantly for all characters, but now I will have to grind 3 prestige’s to unlock the perks of 1 killer to be used for other killers, instead of 40 levels. I wouldn’t be opposed to the system if I got to keep the teachables I have unlocked still be unlocked for future killers after the switch to the new system. But the devs make it sound like that unless you prestige a character, you will teachables for that character locked again and can not be learned for other characters.

• DaddyMyers_Mori
    DaddyMyers_Mori Member Posts: 2,205

You will be able to find perks as right now in bloodweb.

It will just better to get prestige, so you don't have to farm on new characters. At least get prestige on important killers (perks), like bubba, clown etc. but that will change with mass rework.