Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Should madness have more effects?

Slan
Slan Member Posts: 306

The Doctor is a killer whose power is mainly used to detect, stun survivors and end loops; however, madness on survivors goles beyond that, as there are strange skillchecks and hallucinations of The Doctor and pallets when having certain addons. However, many people say that this power has not reached it's full deceptive potential, as there could be more hallucinations for instance. So, should madness have more effects?

Should madness have more effects? 23 votes

Yes, it should
60%
ValikRavenTheWraithChurchofPigWampiritaThr_ustViktor1853N8dogGuiltiiBennett_They1ThemAna1661Pokedude1110SlanDieniJmireles 14 votes
No, it should not
39%
brokedownpalaceAztreonam78Aven_FallenHellraisingPredatorbjorksnasAshInTheTallGrassIsJustMePr0p3r9Aurelle 9 votes

Comments

• Slan
    Slan Member Posts: 306
    Yes, it should

Making fake Doctors move with a fake terror radius would be a nice effect for and addon. Also, I have Heard somewhere that there could be fake hex totems as well, something that would pair well with Pentimento. These effects would work at Madness tier III, of course.

• Pr0p3r9
    Pr0p3r9 Member Posts: 111
    No, it should not

Many survivors can can't keep the rules of Doctor's power straight as it is. Don't overcomplicate it. On top of that, Doctor already has one of the best add-on spreads in the entire game right now. He has 4 lines of madness add-ons. Some of them are more competitive and some are more fun. He's got a line of range add-ons that increase his anti-loop with 2 fun add-ons that radically alter the shape of his attack for trickshot fun. One of his Iridescents gives him all of his madness effects at once, while the other radically increases the value of shocking multiple survivors and splitting pressure.

While there may be complaints to be had about Doctor's base kit abilities, I've always considered Doctor to be a beacon of good add-on design in the game. In fact, I still think that he has the best add-on design in the game, and I don't want it to be altered.

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611
    No, it should not

Doctor's power is fine as is. His power is already complicated enough with the moving skill checks, static, fake pallets and illusionary Doctors.

• Valik
    Valik Member Posts: 1,274
    Yes, it should

It may - but I believe that buffing its current effects would be much better.