Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

I'm worried that the Dead Hard rework won't change its core issues

DoritoHead
DoritoHead Member Posts: 3,546

It'll absolutely be less useful in many situations, but I think that it will remain what caused it to be such a big problem in the first place- a perk that allows survivors to get away when they should go down.

The most obvious problem is that if there's no queue for it to activate such as a special animation, then killers will not know if it's active or not. I really hope they keep its animation, as weird as it would look when moving at normal speed.

Secondly, New DH can in some cases guarantee survivors won't go down at pallets or windows. Although it's niche and the timing must be just right, If the survivor anticipates that they will go down, all they need to do is press E before vaulting the window or pallet. In addition, Dh will still be able to prevent being hit by projectiles and be even more effective than before in the case of Trickster, Bubba, Billy, Pig, Blight, Oni and Nurse because instead of dodging a hit, you take the hit instead and get a speed boost.

All that being said, I certainly think that DH won't be as problematic or unhealthy as before- for Certain killers at least. M1 killers will definitely benefit from this change.

Comments

• legacycolt
    legacycolt Member Posts: 1,684

At least it’ll still be good against nurse.

• RenRen
    RenRen Member Posts: 1,443

Maybe they will add some sort of animation to see it activate, though I will say that even if they add an animation, if the survivors have a good connection and good reaction speed, it's still basically the same.

• DoritoHead

if rubberbanding isn't fixed new DH will be so painful to go against lol

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,594

That's kind of what I expect too. It feels better than before to me, in the sense there is more margin of error for the survivor.

• HexPleaseLetMeSpeak
    HexPleaseLetMeSpeak Member Posts: 276

Yes but the other exhaustion perks usually SET UP a chase and don't benefit much mid chase. Smash hit and balanced are very niche and don't happen often. Dead hard is literally there to be used mid chase, doesn't matter how long the chase has been, and then just extend it even longer making the killer waste even more time.

• neotax
    neotax Member Posts: 13

DH was not only strong because of the distance and the iframe but because you could completely ignore killer abilities e.g. Trappers traps, or Deathslinger's shots etc. And that is no longer possible with the new effect.

• Science_Guy
    Science_Guy Member Posts: 2,003

That's a feature, not a bug.

SB's ability to set up a a favorable chase environment is going to far outshine whatever utility players manage to salvage from this weakened DH.

• HexPleaseLetMeSpeak
    HexPleaseLetMeSpeak Member Posts: 276

Think u replied to the wrong thing because I never mentioned anything about a bug.

• Slowpeach
    Slowpeach Member Posts: 702

Honestly I still think DH will be the exhaustion perk of choice. It can still be used for distance. 1 second is a very long time and often makes the difference over whether you make a pallet or window. It also still can be activated whenever the user desires.

I dunno I really wish they just changed what it did entirely. Sniffing the survivors butt just sucks.

• Kaitsja
    Kaitsja Member Posts: 1,833

This rework removes the Dead Hard for distance issue. I think we'll see Dead Hard's usage reduced, and an increase in Sprint Burst and Overcome.

• DoritoHead

Other exhaustion perks have some sort of condition to activate, the only exception being Sprint Burst if you 99 it.

Lithe? Need a window.

Overcome? Need to get hit.

Balanced Landing? Need a high place.

The problem with DH is that you can use it any time you want to guarantee you don’t go down, most often when the killer would have otherwise caught you.

• Mazoobi
    Mazoobi Member Posts: 1,564

They removed the distance aspect, right? Perhaps it'll be a lot easier to deal with :p

• DoritoHead

Are you saying you want it to be 100% useless?

In a word, yes.

• ramon46
    ramon46 Member Posts: 11

I personally would've rather keep the dead hard for distance, but remove the invulnerable part. My biggest problem is deadharding through traps (which i guess isn't possible anymore), or hatchets clearly hitting but not damaging.

• Grandpa_Crack_Pipe
    Grandpa_Crack_Pipe Member Posts: 3,306

Aaaaall it needs is 1 second of Endurance and 2 seconds of Incapacitated. That's it. DH at pallets and windows, fixed.

Did you fail to read the DH? Hit endured, they speed away, all is well. Did you successfully read the DH? They can't pull the pallet down or vault the window, got 'em.

• Cybil
    Cybil Member Posts: 1,163

I really need to see the rework in action before I can judge it.

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,204
    edited June 2022

A well timed DH was always fine. If you swing, and at the same time they dash forward and dodge the hit, that's DH working as intended. Complaining about that is simply complaining about survivors using the perks they have available, which is on par with complaining about killers running BBQ or MYC.

No, the problems with DH have always been abusing it for things that aren't intended; using DH purely for making distance (hitting E when the killer is nowhere close to striking distance, but still allows you to make a vault, pallet or exit gate, doesn't require any sense of timing) and using DH to avoid killer powers like bear traps.

Both of which have now been removed as possibilities.

It's a healthy change, regardless if the 'as intended' effect is a slight buff or not.

• TheLastHook
    TheLastHook Member Posts: 495
    edited June 2022
  • MrMori
    MrMori Member Posts: 1,452
    edited June 2022

Using Dead Hard to "reach" a pallet or window is in no way different than using Dead Hard when less than 1s away from a window or pallet to guarantee that you can drop/vault safely. It also doesn't fix killers mindgaming the survivor, going for the swing and then getting Dead Harded, since now you'll just hit them normally and they'll get a speedboost. The only time new DH is any worse is already dropped pallets, since you can grab them there.

I hate it, but we simply have to wait till PTB to see. If the window was a lot lower, like 0.6 seconds, but the reward was a speedboost similar to Smash Hit I'd be on board. 1 second is far longer than people think.

And just like someone else mentioned, killers are tired of having to wait out their swing and "bait" out their opponents god damn Street Fighter Counter Attack move. Let us swing at survivors that are in our range, please. That's all I want.

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,204

The difference is current DH can be used at any point in the 10 or so seconds up to the pallet or vault, and the survivor will still make it. It's guaranteed and requires no sense of timing.

Waiting out a dead hard might be irritating, but it's a fair shot. Either one of you can mess it up. The trick is to get right behind the survivor and don't lunge, this gives you a 50/50 shot.

Currently waiting out a dead hard still gives the survivor extra time, because even if they pop it early, they still get the distance and still extend the chase. Now if they pop dead hard too early, they gain no distance, you wait 1s for the animation to finish, then you smack them.

• MrMori
    MrMori Member Posts: 1,452

You might be right that it'll be a little better to play against as M1. At least someone like Wraith can fake hits and stuff, and Slinger will basically own new DH. We'll just have to wait and see.

I'm just so incredibly tired of having to "bait" this perk with my attack. Let me swing, man. But, if it drops in usage and stays down as people notice it's not as easy to use, then I'll not mind it as much. Yeah this PTB can't come soon enough.

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,266

The Incapacitate is a good idea.. Because between new & old DH, its will not be much different at window/pallet.