The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

List of perks you think will die if this update goes through as is

GoshJosh
GoshJosh Member Posts: 4,992
edited June 2022 in General Discussions

And why. Go!

Editing in my list now that I have more time:

Hex: Ruin. Already a hex that gives itself away with one tap of a generator at the start of a trial. Nerfed in half, and now deactivates once a survivor dies if it wasn't already cleansed.

Corrupt Intervention: It already deactivated on its own, but now deactivates for completing your objective as a killer. Already is inconsistent with generators it blocks.

Dead Hard: Without the additional distance on demand, its utility is high risk for a low reward. Any other exhaustion perk will get you more distance reliably, without risking a hit while injured.

Decisive Strike: Now deactivates in the end game with a briefer stun, and no buffs to compensate such a harsh nerf.

Borrowed Time: Outclassed by new Off The Record.

Iron Will: Not reliable at 75%, as well as no effect while exhausted.

Spine Chill: There are a ton of LoS blockers on most maps, especially indoors. The perk has no use that eyes don't already do for you.

Calm Spirit: Listed as a buff, is nerfed stronger than it was buffed. No one is going to intentionally lower their own action speeds in this game, at least not for those effects.

Post edited by GoshJosh on

Comments

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,959

Since this is the way it goes a survivor could intentionally kill themselves to shut off your ruin

• StarLost
    StarLost Member Posts: 8,077

Yeah.

Off The Record and Knockout are going to be evil, evil perks now.

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,352

Even without that, ruin doesn't do a lot more than just kicking gens yourself.

Kicking a gen: 1.8 seconds, removes 2.25 seconds of progress from the generator, and generator regresses at 0.25c/s.

Ruin: 0 seconds to start regression at 0.25c/s meaning it'll take 9 seconds (if my math is right) just to match the instant regression from the kick.

The only situation ruin is better is when survivors are letting go of gens you aren't near, but that only happens if you have multiple people dying or hooked where those survivors have to get off the gen to save their teammates. In which case, ruin really isn't needed.

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897

Not really. Limited uses and is no different than running Soul Guard.

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270

Ruin, iron will, spine chill are all probably dead. BBQ might stay popular on a few killers.

• Zexbunny
    Zexbunny Member Posts: 209
    edited June 2022

Dead perks:

Ruin - Not worth the risk at all.

Pop - Why run this instead of overcharge or call of brine?

Dead hard - killers will easily bait it out. Not worth using.

Decisive strike - not strong enough for a once per use, disabled in end game perk

Self care - 45 second heal with no secondary effect.

Spine chill - got eyes? Then this perk is useless. Blind? You can't tell this perk is going off anyway!

Calm spirit - the buff is offset by the nerf. Why?

Sole survivor - nobody used it, nobody will still use it. Absolutely pointless.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871
  • eleventbh
    eleventbh Member Posts: 374

Ruin: Is it deactivated by cleansing the totem or by a survivor dying? Pick one. It was already weak since Undying's nerf.

BBQ: Not a bad perk but many people only used it for the bloodpoint bonus.

Dead Hard: Sounds like it will require the most skill out of any exhaustion perk.

Decisive Strike: It's definitely frustrating to get DS'd in endgame but they brought their perk for a reason, y'know? Also they reduced the stun for some reason. Killers already ate the stun and dealt with it anyway.

Borrowed Time: People will likely bring Off the Record instead since it benefits yourself.

Iron Will: No one uses T2 Iron Will for a reason, and the exhaustion part is overkill.

Spine Chill: Along with Ruin and Iron Will, this perk was also nerfed twice. If Killer has line of sight then you should already see them and not need Spine Chill. They also are trying to kill the vault speed build, making Resilience less useful as well.

Dead Man's Switch: Not directly nerfed but lost its synergy with Pain Resonance.

Calm Spirit: It is literally a nerf. Why would you be opening a chest or cleansing a totem within audible range of a killer in the first place? Now people who brought the perk before can't even bring it without a penalty.

Self Care: Also nerfed twice for no reason, they could've nerfed the medkit efficiency aspect and it would've been fine, but now they killed the perk.

Pharmacy: If I am reading this right, Pharmacy will only activate when you are injured. It is more efficient to already have a medkit and start healing, not wander around injured searching for a medkit.

• Tatt3dWon
    Tatt3dWon Member Posts: 514
    edited June 2022

Perks try the whole game lol im sure jrm and ayrun and anyone who loops is gonna be done with this game. Gens cannot get done without loopers.

• Crowman

WGLF allows you to make aggressive plays to pick up a fellow survivor. Which is far more reliable to accomplish than hoping someone else is ready to pick you up with Soul Guard.

Plus Soul Guard needs other perks to be reliable (even then killer still needs to slug you) such as unbreakable or boon: exponential for self pick ups or hope the killer has an active hex. Where as you only need WGLF for both faster pick up and granting the picked up survivor endurance.

Plus technically WGLF isn't limited. You can body block for an injured or carried survivor for a stack and there's no real limit to how many times you can do that.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

Actually when this was polled a while back half the killers who use BBQ responded they use it for its aura reading alone and don’t need the bloodpoints, and half said they use it mainly for bloodpoints and won’t use it without that. So if that holds up BBQ won’t be a top pick perk but there will still be a fair number of people who use it. (Personally I like other perks better but that’s just me.)

• Crowman

With the lethal pursuer buff, BBQ + Lethal Pursuer is now a great combo for just getting into chases back to back.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

I do like the sound of that Lethal Pursuer buff, it could open up some cool loadouts. 🙂

• Dsg4041
    Dsg4041 Member Posts: 75

The Devs weren't 1,000% clear in the language surrounding Hex Ruin and Jolt.

Basically, there is a small chance Hex Ruin might be Entity blocked until a 1K is confirmed, then it dies automatically.

Basically, there is a small change Jolt is now map-wide as well.

It is pretty safe to assume both of the above are not true, but it's not 100% confirmed either. Especially with Hex Ruin. Hex Ruin was strong in Low MMR, meh-to-solid in Average MMR, and weak in High MMR. If they import this new Hex Ruin, it would just be weak in every MMR level except maybe being meh-to-solid in the Lowest of MMR's. So it would make sense if there's a sneaky addition of a (weaker) Hex Ruin being Entity blocked until a 1K is confirmed. And if it is not so, and that Hex Ruin can be cleansed even before the 1K, I really recommend changing that to like "Protected by the Entity for the first 3-6 minutes of a match, or when a 1K occurs, whichever is first."

• WeenieDog
    WeenieDog Member Posts: 2,184

You make it sound like its hard when both of them have said before how bored they are of this game already. Like pre-nerf and they want to stream other games.

• TeabaggingGhostface
    TeabaggingGhostface Member Posts: 3,108

Soul guard only applies to yourself, wglf applies to the guy you pick up

• Tizzle
    Tizzle Member Posts: 696

It is not because it still requires a stack to activate.

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611

Dead Hard, Iron Will, DS, Calm Spirit, Spine Chill, Ruin, Self Care. All made completely useless for no reason.

• BaschFonRonsenburg
    BaschFonRonsenburg Member Posts: 311

Sole survivor will be used for one and one purpose only. A single achievement that’s still somehow completable from a version of DBD from 5 years ago.

• Crazewtboy
    Crazewtboy Member Posts: 1,259

Iron Will: Didn't think this one deserved the reduced effect. If anything it shoulda been based on movement like it was before

Calm Spirit: No one really used this as is but now the downside seems to outweigh the good

Spine Chill: That line of sight thing is kinda brutal. Considering how if the killer is looking at you it is probably to late to move

Corrupt: This just felt like it punished killers for playing optimal. I could see lowering the time but not this

We're Gonna Live Forever: With the bloodpoints being removed its other effect can't be justified running over a reworked Botany Knowledge. At least BBQ has aura reading

• Bwsted
    Bwsted Member Posts: 3,452

I mean, as a killer main that's exactly what it looks like it's gonna happen. Oh well, time to check if something on my Steam wishlist is on sale.

• Mewishis
    Mewishis Member Posts: 305

To be fair wasn't DS buffed because old enduring reduced the stun time? If that's true this is a change that should have happened a long time ago, that is if I'm remembering it correctly feel free to correct me on that one because I don't recall.

• Majin151
    Majin151 Member Posts: 1,270
    edited June 2022

Wglf

Iron will

Bbq users on killers that aren't movement based or Huntress will be classified as a endangered species

Spine chill(they should've just removed the vault buff and make it not work if the killer undetectable also i feel bad for the members who have hearing issues as this was actually a good perk for them)

Deadhard(thank you)

Self-care(again thank you I hated having teammates who just ran that as a healing perk)

Ruin I don't use hex perks outside of devour hope and noed and even I think that ruin has been killed

Also It won't kill the perk usage but I hate the nerf to corruption as it prevented 3/2 gens in a way but now there's a higher chance that 3/2 gen games are going to happen now with the nerf

• Zeon_99
    Zeon_99 Member Posts: 463

Keep in mind that Off The Record isnt staying as it is. Otz just told them that its "a massive issue" and they will definitely listen to him.

• Babadook83
    Babadook83 Member Posts: 208

not only that, it will simply deactives while exhausted. this has been nerfed way way wayyyy too hard. it really angers me

• Ruma
    Ruma Member Posts: 2,069

Iron will should be 100% but only if you dont move, otherwise it should be 75% imo.

Also it should still work while exhausted.

• AnnoyingNarrator
    AnnoyingNarrator Member Posts: 222

Resilience is also dead as well, as the only reason to run it was to combine it with Spine Chill for Vault Speed

• MissKitty95
    MissKitty95 Member Posts: 786

Iron will, spine chill have been gutted :/

self care seems worst then before I didn’t no it was possible

corrupt intervention seems pointless

were going to live forever I like that I can put it on and get extra bp survior bp is really bad

i have used iron will for like 5 years it’s always been my go to perk due to the fact I hate hearing my surviour moan all the time

• brock
    brock Member Posts: 305

And turn the match into a 3v1? Doesn't sound worth it to disable a perk that just got massively nerfed to begin with and isn't even that great now.

• Babadook83
    Babadook83 Member Posts: 208

this proposal is already 10000x better than what these devs had years for to think of. it baffles me to no extent how clueless they are