Survs are TOO FAST

Options

i can get pallet stunned, or FOV screwed, and by the time i get a bead on the survivor again, they're across the map. that's either a total get away and heal, or over committing to an exceptionally long chase.

this is why W is so strong, and this is why there's an issue with gen speeds, because chases take TOO LONG.

you want a quick adjustment to the whole game balance? Slow survs down.

Comments

• AshInTheTallGrass
    AshInTheTallGrass Member Posts: 1,669
    Options

How long have you been playing DBD?

• nikodemo
    nikodemo Member Posts: 758
    edited May 2022
    Options

1500 hrs on Steam, plus extra on, ugh, stadia. thanks, i know enough about how fast they move and i'm not the first person to bring this issue up.

gen regression is needed BECAUSE chases take too long to conclude. some of that is map size, but it's all connected. surv speed, gen speed, map size, second chance perks.

• Bran
    Bran Member Posts: 2,087
    Options

I've definitely said "geez bro, this guy moving too fast" but anyways.

Talking about their speed they scratch marks literally just be disappearing mid chase. Lost a kill like that either last night or this morning 😡.

• nikodemo
    Options

Mmmmm, it feels good to be justified. XD

• Caleegi
    Caleegi Member Posts: 410
    Options

I think you are heavily overexaggerating. Killers go faster than survivors…or at least most do. If pallet stunned survivors do not move across the map that quickly…i think its less a game issue and more just a personal issue.

• nikodemo
    edited June 2022
    Options

except that i was right and the balance changes skew toward slower survs, faster killers, slower gens, faster chases. the thread is over.

• Prex91
    Prex91 Member Posts: 764
    Options

Problem is hold w from a loop to another to the next and soo on.

• Snivo
    Snivo Member Posts: 11
    Options

i dont quite get how this makes the thread "over", every killer's base speed (other than Nurse) is higher than the survivors base speed. For reference:

Survivors share the same base (running) Movement speed amongst each other of 4.0 m/s.

Killers, with few exceptions, have one of 2 base Movement speeds, either 4.4 m/s or 4.6 m/s.

These are the following values for every survivor movement speed:

Crawling: 0.7 m/s

Crouching: 1.13 m/s

Walking: 2.26 m/s

Running: 4.0 m/s

On-hit Sprint: 6.0 m/s

The only time a Survivor can ever out-speed the killer is with a Haste status effect, which come from the following perks:

Adrenaline: 6.0 m/s for 5 seconds

Balanced Landing: 6.0 m/s for 3 seconds > Exhausted for 60/50/40 seconds

Lithe: 6.0 m/s for 3 seconds > Exhausted for 60/50/40 seconds

Overcome: 6.0 m/s for 2 seconds > Exhausted for 60/50/40 seconds

Smash Hit: 6.0 m/s for 4 seconds > Exhausted for 60/50/40 seconds

Sprint Burst: 6.0 m/s for 3 seconds > Exhausted for 60/50/40 seconds

Please explain how why we need to make survivors slower? I'm a killer main as well and have never had any issue with survivor speeds, I don't think having 1.5k+ hours means anything either, so this really sounds like a skill issue more than anything else. Slowing the survivors down more than they are currently will easily result in an overwhelming advantage on the killers side, especially since all but one perk where you can out-speed the killer brings exhaustion for 40 seconds minimum and only grant the boost for 5 seconds maximum. I'd also like you to explain where the balance changes being made towards "slower survivors" are present. Just because the Perk Dead Hard got reworked so people couldn't use it to get to pallets faster doesn't equate to "the rework is solely making survivors slower".

• AetherBytes
    AetherBytes Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 3,001
    Options

Bruh 1500 hours and a survivor doing a ballet dance confuses you?

• DootLord
    DootLord Member Posts: 26
    Options

I understand it can be frustrating vs insane survivor groups, but otherwise it's a skil issue.

• nikodemo
    Options

Nope, devs are already making the changes. Why are you all still replying? Just accept I was correct and enjoy the adjusted gameplay.

The thread is over.

• Reshy
    Reshy Member Posts: 402
    Options

You're forgetting the amount of time it takes for a killer to make up a 10 meter head start. The killer only makes up about .4 to .6 meters a second, so survivors get to run about 25-16 seconds before the killer makes up a 10 meter deficit. That's about 100-64 meters in total. That's a lot of distance to get from such a short head start.

• Snivo
    Snivo Member Posts: 11
    Options

thats dependent on you as well, this is a very loose statement. There are very easy ways to manipulate this, easy things such as learning good mind games and finding better movement paths. Every killer has an ability that can outplay survivor movement (ig besides myres, ghost face and maybe trapper n' nemesis?), like that list is insanely small. Ofc if you're just running in the straight exact line the survivor is running with no changes, obviously its going to take a small bit to catch up, but thats if for some reason you're only following the exact path like an idiot. you cant blame looping in this either, since its your choice to stay in the loop. a loop is as definitive as the killer is willing to run it, so you cant blame looping on this. This is literally just a skill issue, even playing Nurse you can just run better lines without even blinking. On every killer besides the Nurse, you have the speed advantage, an ability and the plus of a survivor most likely taking their first lines in a way where you can see their route, evaluate it and take a faster route to them. you're the chaser, not the one being chased. If you cant punish decisions the survivors make, thats not the speed issue, its yours. theres a reason this is probably the first time ive literally ever heard "slow down survivors", its not the speed issue, its your issue for not being able to be a good chaser and make that supposed "10 meter head start" mean something, which is also bogus lmao. You word if the game is literally just grants a head start for the survivors, not once have I ever had an issue of chasing because its easy to understand "survivor took an outside line, ill cut it tight and meet them there" or "ill literally just use my ability", and just saying "the survivor can do the same" means nothing since you still have a speed bonus, a whole ass ability and knowledge of what the survivor has done/doing actively. If you cant read movement like that, its not the speeds fault, this is the only time I've ever seen this as a complaint. Literally looking up "survivors are too fast dbd", where the only "complaint" was also met with people saying its just perks. If anything the complaint is the perks the survivors are able to use, so this isn't a "speed issue", its a "perk issue", and even then still kinda your skill issue for not understanding how to play killer apparently.

• fulltonon
    fulltonon Member Posts: 5,762
    Options

It's map that is problematic, speed itself is actually not THAT bad.

• AnchorTea
    AnchorTea Member Posts: 1,015
    Options

Next patch: survivors lost the A button.