Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Coming from a killer main, these bloodlust changes are too much.

Breadn
Breadn Member Posts: 203
edited June 2022 in Feedback and Suggestions

Bloodlust is already a crutch for most killers, as most strong tiles have been nerfed heavily and the entity blocks windows. It was a tool for bad killers to get unfair hits on junk pallets, or skillful combining of tiles like L T's.

Bloodlust should be completely removed, or only have tier 1 remain. It is a crutch and forces survivors to constantly drop pallets, which is fun for nobody.

Comments

• YOURFRIEND
    YOURFRIEND Member Posts: 3,389

Survivors constantly drop pellets regardless. It's fine.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,060

It was not supposed to be deleted. They were testing it, but since nothing was changed, I thought that they just did not get the results they hoped for and kept it in the game.

But from my perspective, most people said that Tier 2 and 3 could go. But nope, they are buffing them.

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,707

Bloodlust buff was completely unnecessary.

It shouldn't be removed or nerfed from its current state though until all maps are more fair

• ThatOneDemoPlayer
    ThatOneDemoPlayer Member Posts: 5,623

The buff won't really do anything

• Xord
    Xord Member Posts: 517

A general rule is that when Bloodlust activates, you've already lost the chase.

Buffing Bloodlust 2 and 3 won't really do much.

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279

Tier 1 stayed normal? So this change doesnt matter at all

• Breadn

I'm saying remove all bloodlust tiers except for tier 1.

• anarchy753
    anarchy753 Member Posts: 4,212

They're completely irrelevant to realistic gameplay, nobody hits bloodlust tier 2 anyway because in the time you almost certainly HAVE to break a pallet to not lose out on time regardless, and then bloodlust is gone.

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279

I wouldnt mind that. However I cant remember last time I, or killer that was chasing me reached the tier 2 without being forced to break pallet or cutting off the chase.

Unless there is one survivor alive with 10 pallets up, realistically bloodlust doesnt go over tier 1 much

• Breadn

I don't think you've played enough survivor against ######### killers, then. There are so many killers who will refuse to break junk pallets and loop around the pallet until they hit bloodlust 3 then there's nothing the survivor can do. It's never deserved, but it is realistic to how a lot of people play.

• YOURFRIEND
    YOURFRIEND Member Posts: 3,389

..... Then you've wasted a lot of time and won the chase. Killers are intended to eventually catch any given survivor.

• AnnoyingNarrator
    AnnoyingNarrator Member Posts: 222

I feel like this change came about because BHVR does not actually play their game.

They know that bloodlust helps killers, they want to have higher kill rates, so they buff bloodlust.

It is definitely not needed and just promotes bad habits for killers.

• Breadn

No, a killer should not win a long chase unless they actually outplay the survivor. Whether that be forcing them into a deadzone, mindgaming them, or using their power to catch them.

• Bwsted
    Bwsted Member Posts: 3,452

You mean currently.

Because with nerfed gen times and improved bloodlust, when it kicks in, you won't have lost the chase.

• ASurvkillivorer
    ASurvkillivorer Member Posts: 1,840

Everyone suggesting killer nerfs is always a "killer main". Sure you are.

ALso, getting tier 2 and 3 a whole 5 seconds faster. WHOA!!! Seriously? 😂

• Reshy
    Reshy Member Posts: 402

The only purpose to T2 and T3 Bloodlust is so that people who are new to killer aren't literally unable to catch survivors that know the looks even slightly well.

• Adjatha
    Adjatha Member Posts: 1,814

Everyone who complains about Bloodlust has never actually had to use bloodlust.

Did you know: if survivors break line of sight, bloodlust goes away? Also if they stun the killer. Also, if the killer uses their power at all.

This includes:

• Hag teleport/setting
    • Doc shocking
    • Freddy setting snares
    • Clown throwing bottles
    • Spirit phasing
    • Ghostface/Meyers stalking
    • Demo shredding
    • Oni rushing
    • Deathslinger shooting/reloading
    • PH shockwaving

BH is literally JUST there for M1 killers who have nothing in their kit to down looping survivors.

AND they didn't even buff tier 1, which is what you'd see 99% of the time anyway.

• Rogue11
    Rogue11 Member Posts: 1,410

Nerf hold W for survivors

Buff hold W for killers

• nikodemo
    nikodemo Member Posts: 773

am killer main. it's fine. it's for new killers and killers with no anti-loop.

• Prex91
    Prex91 Member Posts: 764

It helps on unfair random generated chainable tiles, literally unplayable without it