The BT basekit/perk changes don't address the unhooked survivor bodyblocking for the unhooker

Options
SuzuKR
SuzuKR Member Posts: 3,910
edited June 2022 in Feedback and Suggestions

I think the basekit duration of BT could be longer than the planned 5 seconds, and I think Off the Record is a great implementation for those that specifically want something strong at defense against tunneling. I am a fan of basekit BT in general and think it was a much needed implementation.

That said, I think the playstyle where the person with Endurance will bodyblock the killer and force tunneling just to get to the unhooker should be addressed in some capacity so that they cannot bodyblock or take hits for the unhooker.

As a disclaimer, this is not my support or rejection of anything else in the midchapter patch specifically. This is just one specific area I wanted to comment on. If doing this requires adjustments or compensation elsewhere, that's fine. So please don't bring up some sort of "BUT WHAT ABOUT (insert other thing) IN THE MIDCHAPTER NOTES". I wanted to specifically address this topic.

I just think it should be kept only to if the killer is going out of their way to focus the unhooked, not also working when they're trying to go for the unhooker but the person just unhooked bodyblocks on purpose with Endurance.

Comments

• steponmeadiris
    steponmeadiris Member Posts: 225
    Options

If the unhooked Survivor chooses to bodyblock with the basekit Endurance effect, you can just count to five and hit them. I'm a lot more worried about Off the Record, which will have apparently no counter for bodyblocking.

• Prex91
    Prex91 Member Posts: 764
    Options

I think the only viable defense could be to use forced penance, wait it and ds both to end it, and then tunnel the survivor that only abuse a mechanic that devs dont care.

• Dream_Whisper
    Dream_Whisper Member Posts: 722
    Options

Maybe Endurance Status effect can be slightly Reworked to instead remove Collision in general. Make it so the killer can walk through the Survivors model, without any form of forced "Tunneling". Yes, the killer can hit them; but risk giving them the Tunneling excuse and getting away with the speed boosting.