Why can killers see event generators as bright orange? It just makes Discordance impossible to use.

Maybe it's just me with red/green colorblindness, but if you miss the noise notification, then it's insanely difficult to tell which gen is the one with 2 survivors on it.

There's absolutely no reason for killers to see the generator auras as a different color during events. Nothing about this information changes anything about the killer's play, it's just useless VFX that create an additional accessibility problem for a particular part of the game that is already terrible in this regard due to the brightness and lack of value contrast for auras on outdoor maps.

Comments

• Marcavecunc
    Marcavecunc Member Posts: 2,057

Because they're event generators, same reason hooks are orange, they're event hooks.

Which is ridiculous since every generator and hook are event generators and hooks. But it's a remnant from older events where only certain hooks and gens were event-themed and gave bonus points. So I agree it's weird to have them a different colour than usual if it serves no purpose.

• SkeletalElite
    SkeletalElite Member Posts: 2,687

They still do events where there is a limited number of event hooks/gens. They do those specifically on the halloween event I believe.

• Marcavecunc
    Marcavecunc Member Posts: 2,057

Can't remember.. I thought last Halloween had flowers or something to break? Or was it the one before?

But anyway, with everything being an event gen/hook, there's no reason to make everything a bright orange

• Dream_Whisper
    Dream_Whisper Member Posts: 746

You can barely see it, as Discordance only gives it a Yellow tint; but the color scheme can be quite difficult for some poor eye sight players. I am not talking about color blind folks, more that the Event Colors being all Orange nearly yellow; and the Discordance being bright yellow.

Hopefully next time, Devs incorporate a different color like Green, Blue, or something else.

• enormous_bruh_moment
    enormous_bruh_moment Member Posts: 136

I know they're event generators and event hooks, I'm not asking literally "why is this happening" I'm asking "why was this decision made?"

Killers don't need to know which gens are event gens. Ever. Especially not if all of them are event gens. It changes nothing about their play, all it does is create additional difficulties.

I've already made multiple threads complaining about colorblind features and how the auras are basically impossible for me to see on certain maps. So I try to rely on Discordance instead. It makes it so much more difficult and frustrating to play killer during this event.

Between that and the invitations being nearly impossible to find, I honestly don't want to even play it the event anymore. :l