Devs acknowledging gen speed

Options
13»

Comments

• FlameGNG
    FlameGNG Member Posts: 746
    Options

didnt see overcharge but on the other hand people almost always tap gens a few sec after they kick it so that doesnt matter... I dont like the killer buffs tho like they litterally nerfed everything on survivor besides buffing coh healing meta... guess thats what the devs want tho... pre dropping and healing speed builds :p

• TheMruczek
    TheMruczek Member Posts: 187
    Options

You have to be joking right?

WGLF was still good perk on it's own and it's getting buffed.

BBQ will still be a decent perk, it just won't fit every killer.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Options

Noticed the WGLF buff after the comment. But BBQ is trash, yes.

• Hannacia
    Hannacia Member Posts: 1,167
    Options

I guess you just have some bad luck. Most of my Solo Q experiences have been very positive. Sure there are the occasional self caring claudettes that are too scared to do anything but most of the matches people play well. We even Talk to eachother by making gestures of getting of the gens when someone knows theres a scourge hook in play.

Like i said if a survivor is good they are good in SWF and in SOLO but if they are bad they are bad everywhere.

Devs said they noticed killers have had bad time time killing people and this goes on both solo and SWF. I'm sure this wouldnt be the case is soloQ was that unbearably bad

• Malkhrim
    Malkhrim Member Posts: 935
    Options

Again, thats a scenario where killers get a chase really fast and camp in a way it's impossible to rescue from the very first hook. Most killers aren't impossible to rescue from and first hook camping and 4-5 gens is not as common as people love to say it is, specially considering the first 3 gens are the easiest to do and at least 2 of them should pop quite fast if survivors are at least trying.

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,541
    Options

Gen Speeds were an issue of a lot of things...

Maps: Spawns for everything... Gens, Totems, Survivors, Killers and Tiles

Killer's Speeds: without mobility every Killer will have a hard start to matches... yea almost all Killers can win a straight up race but that's not how the game plays

Then Perks... safe to say that the devs don't want to get Maps where they need to be

Also base Gen Regression needed to be increased... not a slight instant Regression

• Malkhrim
    Options

You're being a drama queen, stop. Everything you said just shows you either didn't read or didn't pay atention to most of the update.

Nope, it's far from the worst changes the game ever received. If anything, it's among the best, and listens to requests the community has been asking for a long time, on both sides.

POP and PAIN RESONANCE are NOT effectively the same. They were clearly nerfed and you should read again. Pain resonance will also not work with DMS anymore since the gen won't explode and the survivor won't be interrupted.

Pain resonance does NOT work on basement hooks unless you use F***ing MONSTROUS SHRINE, a perk that now only shines when you're NOT camping and is one of the worst , most forgotten killer perks while this update doesn't go live. Did you read the Developer Update at all?

While survivors don't scream, killers got buffs for chasing and kicking gens that will more than compensate for that and be and incentive to go for more hooks instead of camping. But of course, you're ignoring that.

Extra gen times is only 10 seconds for gen AND and an incentive to play without camping. It's not going to make all that much difference for camping. Oh, did you want to complete all the gens before a single survivor dies in hook? Trade yourself for the hooked survivor ONCE, that will give you more than the max 50 seconds time a killer can possibly get from the update.

Monstrous Shrine will only decrease hook timers when you NOT camping. Again, it seems you didn't read it fully.

While I believe the basekit BT could last a little more, that's more than survivors ever had in basekit against camping. The haste effect means you can run to a pallet or window faster and reach it more shortly. Also, borrowed time has been BUFFED, lasting for 15 seconds with bost endurance AND haste.

Oh, they nerfed DS? DS used to have 3 seconds in the past and it was broken anyway. Got buffed because enduring reduced this to almost a second and a half, but enduring doesn't work on DS anymore. 3 seconds are still enough to get distance.

Again, the update brings stuff for both sides. A LOT of survivor perks are getting buffs, including BT and Lucky Break, which is pretty good already, just limited. And that without mentioning the new Off The Record, pretty much a better DS. But of course, you prefer to make a dramatic fuss about how devs are biased and evil and how they ruined your life because of an update that has buffs and nerfs for both sides.

• Malkhrim
    Options

Overcharge still has it's old effect, so gen tapping will still add regression AND there's the base-kit gen-gicking buff too.

Also, BT, Off the Record and Lucky Break got pretty good buffs.

• AJStyIez
    AJStyIez Member Posts: 419
    Options

Lmao, so you're one of those people that had no problem these past few years where the meta was completely stagnant, predictable and boring for Killers and how favorable certain things have historically been for Survivor but the minute they drop a big patch that provides what people have been begging for years to get you're out? Spoken like a true one-sided player

• IronKnight55
    IronKnight55 Member Posts: 2,900
    Options

I play both sides. This update will make solo survivor even more miserable to play. We need a game that is fair and balanced for both sides... this isn't it. Yeah, I'm absolutely done if this update hits live and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

• fulltonon
    fulltonon Member Posts: 5,762
    Options

game IS certainly fair and balanced if survivors are skilled enough, it's just that majority of solo que players aren't.

discord server and SWF is right there for you.

• IronKnight55
    IronKnight55 Member Posts: 2,900
    edited June 2022
    Options

Shouldn't have to play in an SWF group to have a fair game. It needs to be better balanced. This update will seriously hurt the game (imo) if it goes live.

• fulltonon
    Options

You SHOULD have to play in an SWF group to have truly fair game, there is literally no way to make it work for both soloq and SWF, and no asymmetry PvP games with party feature should be balanced around soloq because that just kills game due to extreme imbalance between two side (which this game was, now it's actually fairer when you look at ACTUAL things both side can do).

Or alternatively this game could entirely opt out SWF and balance around that, but seems like that's not the way they gonna do.

• Bardon
    Bardon Member Posts: 1,002
    Options

Agreed - BBQ & WGLF both lost their BP bonus but WGLF got a compensatory buff while BBQ got zilch.

• HectorBrando
    HectorBrando Member Posts: 3,167
    Options

I play Myers, one of the slowest Killers to get their first down (unless you get a yoink) the Survivors rarely get 2 gens done before I get my first hook and almost never 3 unless Im extremely unlucky and on Mother's Dwelling or Rotten Fields, if 3 gens pop before you get your first down in a per match basis you are doing something very wrong.

And most campers are people using the strong campers like Leatherface, Trickster, Huntress etc, even the normal Killers have an easy time facecamping if they slap SBFL, with 2 stacks you can almost guarantee a trade hook and even down the rescued.

• Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,201
    Options

Gen takes extra 10 seconds to do so that means killer will have 10s more time to facecamp at hook per gen so that is clear difference.

• fulltonon
    Options
  • HectorBrando
    Options

Sure, because all Survivors spawn each right next to a different generator so they can start pressing m1 even before you can start moving, suuuuuure, except no, 3 gens in 80 seconds NEVER happens unless someone is hacking.

• Tatt3dWon
    Tatt3dWon Member Posts: 514
    Options

BHVR dropped the ball big time on this next update. Not gonna lie I expected it to be bad but not this bad. Just wait till you see how many new bugs there are they cant even fix rubber banding after like 3 months.

• VonCrow
    VonCrow Member Posts: 389
    Options

Facecamping is not really a problem on high mmr matches.

• fulltonon
    Options

then 90 seconds or 100 seconds, it's really quick as running around maps doesn't take much time anyway.

• Akumakaji
    Akumakaji Member Posts: 4,952
    Options

But it always made for a very satisfying gameplay loop: chase, down, hook, look around, start a new chase.

• Tsulan
    Options

People will get used to not using it.

On the plus side, it makes room from other, stronger perks.

• Akumakaji
    Options

Just answer yourself this: how often did you get gifted a hatch by the killer, because they were totally dominating and just felt altriustic? And how often have you given a mercy kill to a killer that was either new or clearly struggling? Is it close to a 50/50 ratio? Even 30/70? Playing killer is already very stressful, the clock is constantly ticking and if you then deny them their every single hook with flashlight saves, bodyblocking and saboing, thats the equivalent of tunneling.

Yeah, its a 4v1, and both side should try to win. But there is winning, and there is crushing the other sides confidence and then dancing a t-bag dance on their corpse while doing a flashlight show. So the altruistic streak in the survivor community is way, way more under developed then in the killer community.

• Akumakaji
    Options

Indeed. Tbf, I have used "Darkness Revealed" on some of my favorite killers and frankly forgotten about it :P I hooked, looked around, got disappointed that no BBQ auras were showing and roamed around, until by the 3rd hook or so I remembered that I got Darkness Revealed equipped ^^" The BBQ playstyle is just ingrained in my mind, I guess, but I am already managing getting usage out of DarkRev.

• Tsulan
    Options

Just a change of habit.

Like, when you are used to using a certain perk. Then throw it out, because you didn´t get any use out of it for the last 20 matches. Only to need it the very next match.

• HectorBrando
    Options

But then you have to apply what I already said on the first post you quoted, "if 3 gens pop almost always in your matches before your first down then there is something you are doing wrong" because thats something very rare and Im playing one of the Killers with the slowest early game of all and that rarely happens to me.

• Akumakaji
    Options

You know how often the people I SWF say "oof ... I normally ALWAY play with unbreakable. Why did I drop it this round? Halp!"

But there are so many perks that you will always run into a situation were one or the other would have saved the day.

• fulltonon
    Options

If 3 gens does not pop in first chase, the truth is, survivors are doing something wrong.

It should pop due to the way this game works.

• Akumakaji
    Options

At the same time you got Overzealous, which incentivises survivors do actually cleanse totems, probably multiple times during a trial, so that they can get their gen repair speed buff. This makes using boons a bit harder and might make survivors content for totems ... or the community will not adopt Overzealous and things will move on normaly, but at least there is the chance of that happening.

• Tsulan
    Options

Exactly! I got used to playing with power struggle and absolutely miss it, when I play a different build.

• HectorBrando
    Options

No if you can down a Survivor in less than 80 seconds.

• VonCrow
    edited June 2022
    Options

Take in consideration that only picking up a survivor (after you clean your weapon) and going to a hook might take 15 seconds, and then you have to travel to the next gen which can take another 10 or 15. So lets say the chase should be less than 50 if you want to interrupt something.

Now take also in consideration that for a lot of M1 Killers dead hard extends the chase without having no counterplay. If you have the bad luck to find first the good survivor (or the best one of them), its quite normal to lose 3 gens in the first chase.

I sometimes down a survivor really quick with lethal pursuer, like in 15-20 seconds, and still I lose a gen in the process.

In anycase, devs already said that the gens go too fast, and this is something that has been a debate for years but has been proven right. For all players that have enough experience and the game and are not based, it is a hard truth that gens were too fast for the game to be healthy and fun.

• JeanCharpentier
    JeanCharpentier Member Posts: 370
    Options

The needed change was to tweak the maps' layout and the number of loops.

But no, they have added 10 seconds to do a gen... Even if it works, it will be boring for the survivor. Imagine doing 3 gens = 3x90 = 270 seconds using m1 next to a gen. 4min30 out of a 10 minutes game...........

• ich_häng_mal_rum
    ich_häng_mal_rum Member Posts: 432
    Options

I feel often bad for killers, which are clearly not on the same level and give them a down or a kill and on the other side some killer give me the hatch. I think on both roles are good, nice, friendly but tryharding and bullying players to. Surely toxiness is more visible on survivor side, you see every match four of them and just one killer. I find killermatches more stressful too.

But the point which I want make is that these scenarios where one side dominate so hard are in my opinion mostly matches, where the matchmaking doesn‘t work well.

Maybe both roles have to accept that it’s okay to loose matches and give the mmr the chance to adjust.

• Akumakaji
    Options

Its definitely ok to lose a few matches, but just to talk in absolute numbers: in my 1k hours of dbd I have been offered countless hatches, been granted countless mercies by crouching and laying low my items, but only 6 mercy kills. Its just such an alien concept for most survivors that the killer is just another player, and if you are winning, it ain't necessary to utterly stomp them into the ground, not even getting them one successful hook of, yet you see this all the time.

Both side have their very fair share of toxic players and participants, but the toxicity in the survivors camp is often of a very different quality. I don't doubt you that you might give the killer the occasional down or even kill, but that is very much the exeption, the norm is that the killer has to show you some kind of mercy if they are dominating. If you can do a 4k, its quite universally accepted that you can at least expect that the killer might give you the hatch. Not ONCE has a team, that utterly dominated me, said "you know what? Leave that killer his 1k, we won't swarm the hook and go for the save".

Contrast this behavior with your claim in your original post, again and think, if the ball really is in the killers field? It definitely ain't 50% of the time.

• ich_häng_mal_rum
    ich_häng_mal_rum Member Posts: 432
    Options

In my original post I said it’s not a good move from the devs to hope for a friendly playstyle… You can‘t say „hey, now people don’t need genregression perks cause gens took longer and chases will be shorter“ and on the other side make a minimal change for pgtw or buff thana for plague and legion. We all know, on both sides will always be player which will obuse stupid mechanics and try to create horrobile matches for the opponents…

• Akumakaji
    Options

I would say that I was kinda surprised by the buff to Thana, as its not a bad perk, especially with someone like Legion, the nerf to PGTW, though, is rather substantial. Many only skim over it and think "oh, it got reduced by 5%. Ok", when actually its now "20% of the current gen progress". So if you kick a 99,9% gen, then it instantly drops it by 20%, but if you kick a gen thats 50% done, it will only drop by 10%. Its still working great in giving the killer some breathing room when he happens to interrupt a gen thats nearly done.

That all said, I went back and re-read your original post and yeah, you are mostly right: camping and tunneling, much like using NOED, just artificially inflate several killers MMR and will only throw them befor bigger and badder SWF groups, who will eat them for lunch, camping and tunneling be damned. And then they will need a few extra rounds of bitter losses, before they reach the MMR regions, were they can somewhat perform again, albeit now with pent up rage that will let them go ham on the next baby survivor group. A classic vicious circle.

What tilted me, though, was your last sentence, in which you mostly put alot of blame on the killer side. But whatever, all that is moot by now, because I think we came to quite a good understanding here. Sometimes the internet still manages to surprise us, can't it? So cheers and lets all try to be a bit less toxic to the other side.

• VonCrow
    Options

10 minute games these days are quite rare, in any case in 6 minutes a lot can happen.

What is not fun is to chase the unhooker everytime and meanwhile you loose all the gens in the process. Gen rushers say "apply pressure" and the best way to do so is to tunnel someone, and that is not funny for anyone.

• HectorBrando
    edited June 2022
    Options

Its not, I play Myers, Jigsaw and Deathslinger, I dont lose 3 gens in the first chase on a per match trials, sometimes it happens? yes it does, but its rare, like really rare and Ill repeat myself, it is happening to anyone on a common basis they are doing something wrong, its like saying its normal for a Survivor to go down in 15 seconds of normal gameplay, its not normal, sometimes its happens? sure it does but if you are a Survivor and cant last more than 15 seconds on more than half your chases you are doing something wrong.

I also play Solo, sometimes we fix 3 gens before the first down? yes, sometimes it happens, but same as Killer, its not the norm, it doesnt happen many times, it may happen once every 10/15 games at most and is usually because the MMR did something weird.

Now, you can tell me Killer is miserable, gens fly, maps are bigger than Asia, DH, DS, flashlights nonstop or wathever the current narrative is, Im not buying most Killers lose 3 gens by the time they get their first down, sorry but Im not buying it, especially not against Solos which make almost 50% of the playerbase either people lie about the gens or they lie themselves about their skill.

• Sheridan_LT
    Sheridan_LT Member Posts: 417
    Options

You're getting lucky with survivors who like chases more than doing gens but ACTUALLY in PRACTICE you're completely wrong and he's right. You can't just be "playing the game wrong" when 1 or 2 people are dedicated genrushers.

• fulltonon
    Options
  • HectorBrando
    edited June 2022
    Options

I actually think the skill problem may be at their end not at mine, its not like a lot of Killer streamers manage to get downs before the second gen pops and on the Survivor side you rarely see streamers getting 3 gens before someone gets downed but sure, I bet people at this forum have some kind of bug who pairs them against the strongests 4 people SWFs nonstop, every day, all day, they were bad on their previous life and their punishment is to face the SWATs on DBD for eternity.

1 or 2 dedicated genrushers get 1 gen each in around 95 seconds on average not 3 like people love to claim, 85 if they get lucky and spawn very close to a gen which is extremely rare, but as I said, if you dont get a down sooner than that it may be a you problem, once in a while of course it can happen, as a per match basis? Ill repeat myself, Im not buying it, its not the norm and I play both sides of the game.

• PaintedDeath
    PaintedDeath Member Posts: 490
    Options

I think it might make tool boxes better? Maybe searching a box for tools might be worth it?