We deployed a fix to solve an issue preventing players from unhooking, healing or picking up Survivors. Players will need to reboot to see the change reflected in-game. Thank you for your patience!

Spine Chill Nerf is Uncalled For

FrenchBagels
FrenchBagels Member Posts: 175
edited June 2022 in Feedback and Suggestions

“Shake up the meta” when all you’re doing is nerfing a random niche that some people used.

You could’ve just nuked the stealth killer effect and it would’ve been fine. Give the stealth killers a bit of happiness from the depths. But outright removing the vault speed is absolutely stupid.

The vault speed only worked in combination with RESILIENCE. Without it, both perks are near useless. And it wasn’t meta either since it ate two perks slots for it to be good. If you’re going to gut Spine Chill then buff resilience so that being injured is more of a risk. Otherwise, I genuinely hope the devs reconsider the nerf to Spine Chill.

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• TheMadCat
    TheMadCat Member Posts: 2,203

The speed wasn't useless with only Spine Chill equipped. It really wasn't.

But I do agree it should just not working against a Killer who has the Undetectable status effect.

Because if changing the meta only meant to nerf to the ground the current meta to replace it with something else... People wanted more variety, not destroying perks so we have more useless ones to never touch.

• DrDeepwound
    DrDeepwound Member Posts: 2,557

A random niche... yeah 3 per match at night

• Marigoria
    Marigoria Member Posts: 6,090

Not on my matches. Might be a you problem depending on your MMR and your timezone.

• DrDeepwound

My mmr and timezone have nothing to do with dev stats graphs that show Spine Chill is top 4 perk used by survs. You might want to relook at dev graphs used to justify these nerfs.

• Biscuits
    Biscuits Member Posts: 1,097

I am a ghost face main, and spine chill on its own makes the killer feel 10 times worse, so a change was needed imo. But, they kind of took spine chill out back and shot it, I think its a bit overboard.

• Marigoria
  • DrDeepwound

Never said it was OP, but its definitely not some random niche perk that no one runs. Which was what my post was about, thanks now run along.

• Marigoria

It stills fits a niche, even if its "meta" and used a lot.

Move along? condescending much or just afraid of talking with people who are not just "yes ma'am survivor bad killer good"?

• DrDeepwound

You started the convo trying to insult me condescendingly, then gaslight me as if I am avoiding convo with you? LOL now I am "afraid" to talk to you?

Bro, go clean your room dude I have nothing to talk about with you

• Ruma
    Ruma Member Posts: 2,069

You see my Icon? Its spine chill because its my absolutly main perk and its in all my builds.

But the a nerf was totally needed, atleast against stealth killers.

I am not saying they gave it the right change, but i am still happy about it.

• jesterkind
    jesterkind Member Posts: 7,565

I mean, if you still want to run Spine Chill after this update hits, whatever the nerf is, then they'll have failed. The point is to get people to stop running it.

Also, while it being strong isn't the reason it gets nerfed, it is very strong, so some kind of nerf was still called for.

• Advorsus
    Advorsus Member Posts: 1,033

On average, no. In the hands of a high tier survivor that knows how to use it effeciently, absolutely. Which is kinda where spine chill fell. But the point of the changes wasn't to take the strongest perks and Nerf them, it was to mix up the meta. Which means changing the most used perks. It just so happened that a lot of those most used perks were also some of the strongest.

Right now we have no idea how these perks will actually perform during each match as none of this is live yet. But even if certain perks are completely unusable, that doesn't mean they can't be tweaked/buffed later. I highly doubt this is the last time Behavior is gonna make perk changes.

• Marigoria

Self care would never be high tier it doesnt matter who run it. It was also mostly run by solo q.

• Advorsus
    Advorsus Member Posts: 1,033

Yet it was used by a lot of high tier players? And that last part is also not true, nor is there any evidence to support that. In fact it was so useful in high tier gameplay a lot of players who know how to use it correctly, have stated they're still going to run it. Because the reduced healing speed doesn't matter.

• Marigoria

Because solo Q can also be high tier players. It was used because you cant rely on your team to heal you, not because it was high tier.

• ArborTime
    ArborTime Member Posts: 32

Okay I agree that the nerfs are harsh but saying Spine Chill is a random niche option is just a straight up delusional statement.

EVERYONE who can uses this perk because of how much information this perk provides for no effort.

Stealth killers? Whoops nevermind only half stealthy because of Spine Chill

What they should have done was made it so stealth killers ignore the perk and that's it.

• Brimp
    Brimp Member Posts: 2,846

As long as you can 99 heals resilience will never get a buff. And no "using new sloppy" really isn't a counter and the % lost per second should have been base kit. Idk why you can 99 a heal, keep bleeding for 20 minutes but you put that last part of a stitch or bandage in and you're "healthy" again.

• Emeal
    Emeal Member Posts: 4,863

Spine Chill has the most overpowered information ever, to allow you to know whenever the Killer is comin.

Ofc it had to be nerfed.

• TheMadCat
    TheMadCat Member Posts: 2,203

Why? Why the point was to stop people to run it? I don't think we needed another useless perk.

Now, we will see the same few perks everytime, but there will just be different ones.

I agree with the fact Spine Chill needed something. It was annoying for stealth Killers. But now, there is no reason to use it.

As I said, most people wanted diversity. Here, it doesn't create diversity. It just encourages to change the meta instead of having more perks to play with.

• jesterkind
    jesterkind Member Posts: 7,565

Because the point was to change the meta. People were sick of the stale meta, and you fix a stale meta by nerfing the current strongest stuff and buffing weaker stuff.

Opinions as to how effective the buffs are (or the nerfs, in some cases) are all valid, but both of those things did need to happen. It's why Self-Care got nerfed despite being kind of bad; it's one of the top three survivor perks of all time, so it needed to be made less appealing.

Honestly, the why of it isn't my question to answer? It's explicitly and literally what the point was from the beginning, I'm not here to justify it.

• WeenieDog
    WeenieDog Member Posts: 2,183

I feel like spine chill had to change for the sake shifting the meta because of what it does.

It single handedly countered stealth killers, and undetectable/oblivious add on/ perks while having a 100% uptime.

That being said, It absolutely does leave a gaping hole in accessibility. Something that bhvr actually should give proper support and focus instead of throwing out a bandaid perk that ends stifling perk selection.