Will new DH be stronger against Nurse?

Options
TheSubstitute
TheSubstitute Member Posts: 2,250
edited June 2022 in General Discussions

I'm thinking about this because of the blink window. For those of you that don't know what that is, it's the time after the first blink before a lunge attack or a second blink has to be done or suffer fatigue.

I think the blink window, not 100% sure though, has a base 1.1 second duration. As the Endurance effect is 1 second duration that leaves a tenth of a second for the Nurse to time the attack. That sounds pretty difficult to do.

After the hit, the survivor will have to mend but, in return, gets a post hit speed boost that allows for significantly more distance gained than current Dead Hard.

Right now, a DHing survivor can still be hit by a Nurse. It's harder than a regular blink attack but it can still be done. It seems like it'll be nearly impossible to mistime the DH with the new DH. With a tenth of a second, to hit the Nurse either has to hope an immediate swing hits and DH wasn't activated then or that the survivor did use it at the beginning but you hope your timing is good enough to hit the 0.1 second window of vulnerability at the end. That sounds pretty hard to the point that DH will have almost guaranteed effectiveness against the Nurse.

I don't have a problem with the change affecting Nurse like that as she's the creme de la creme of the roster but I thought I'd throw it out there for discussion.

Comments

• ukenicky
    ukenicky Member Posts: 1,352
    Options

Honestly probably. It's really hard to say exactly how new Dead Hard will be until we get to play with it but I honestly think it might have potential to be even better than its current version.

Granted the drawback will be that it will be more of a gamble. You'll actually need to predict getting hit and react accordingly but the payoff seems like it will be quite high if you tank the hit.

But vs nurse this new version should be just as powerful against her since her attacking after blinks is, well, pretty predictable.

• VikingDragonXii
    VikingDragonXii Member Posts: 2,885
    Options

New DH will take actual skill to use and not I made a mistake press E. We will actually see who has chase skills and who doesn't when they can't use DH for distance