The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Block a few killers you dont want to play against

What do you think of the idea that everybody could select up to 3 Killers they dont want to play against ? I thought of this very often in the last few weeks and think that with 28 playable Killers blocking three of them wouldnt be much of a problem. Sure it could take a bit longer to queue. In SWF maybe it would only count if all Survivors in the party have selected the same killers/killer. I think everybody has just some killers that they dislike to the point of thinking to quit / actually quitting.

And offtopic: why is the bloodpointlimit still 1 Million, cant it just be increased or be completely removed ?

Comments

• MrMori
    MrMori Member Posts: 1,434

No

• TheMadCat
    TheMadCat Member Posts: 2,203

I'd block Nurse because all I have is god tier Nurse for a week... But for real. No. These guys playing Nurse like she's super easy to play have the right to find a match as I do, even if it's kind of tiresome for me to only have them.

At this point, the game should understand that if I die a lot, I shouldn't be against god tier Nurse, not me to prevent people to play their favorite Killer.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

Devs have said multiple times they won't do it, and they are right for doing this.

• ThatOneDemoPlayer
    ThatOneDemoPlayer Member Posts: 5,623

This would have the same effect as banning all Nurse, Blight and Spirit/Twins/Hag players.

No

• Kaitsja
    Kaitsja Member Posts: 1,833

Say they implemented your suggestion. Now, what happens when the entire survivor player base collectively decides they never want to play against Nurse, Bubba, and Blight? Those players either can't find a match, or they only get matched against god-tier loopers or newbies.

It's the same reason why you can't choose to never play against a specific player.

• rooCraah
    rooCraah Member Posts: 138

People are saying Blight, Legion/Bubba and Nurse would be blocked, which is partly true, but I feel like a lot would block based on their build. Green medkit with Botany = block Plague; Distortion stealth build = block Doctor and Legion.

Also, quick maths: assuming Nurse is the most hated killer. 7.5% of the playerbase is Nurse, but 75% of survivors block Nurse.

Since 3/4 of survivors would have no nurse games, the other 1/4 would end up having all of them. With the hypothetical numbers I gave, 30% of their lobbies would be nurse lobbies. No way this feature could be good. Survivors should be happy that there are 28 different killers, meaning their least favorite one should never be in more than 1/10 of games.

• GiveMeTheBox
    GiveMeTheBox Member Posts: 331

Nurse and Spirit would never see a game again

• DrDeepwound
    DrDeepwound Member Posts: 2,557
    edited June 2022

Great idea! Wonder what could go wrong. Kap

• GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,866

This idea has been brought up constantly and it has been explained every time how it won’t work.

• Zen_but_not_Zen
    Zen_but_not_Zen Member Posts: 230

Haha, noone would ever get a game again as bubba

• Triplehoo
    Triplehoo Member Posts: 627

How could I put this as simple as possible? Hmm... How about

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,890

Nurses, Blights, Legions, Spirits, Hags etc would have awfully long queue times.

• Fishydevili22
    Fishydevili22 Member Posts: 48

Nope

• DrDeepwound
    DrDeepwound Member Posts: 2,557
    edited June 2022

We all know Bubba would be blocked probably more than nurse LOL

As a Legion/Bubba I would probably never get a game.... similar to how it was back when MLGA had the shared block killer IP lists.

Ques times were getting so long devs had to confront the mlga dev because players like me were on that list and the list was shared by mlga users.

thanks Devs!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TIc-KFzxfY