Should Trapper get special traps?

Options
ShyN3ko
ShyN3ko Member Posts: 1,616
edited February 2019 in General Discussions

RNG Map Traps in Buildings.
Devs could create everything.
The Community could create everything in a contest.

Example:

Trapdoor, Fire Thrower , Spikes, Wooden Horse(not what you think, pervert)
I mean a big wooden horse (it comes out a wall) that wants to kick in a survivor's face with his hoof.

Edit:
I read all this comments.
And now i think it would be good, if the Trapper could combine traps.
Example:
Trip wire is the trigger and a trapdoor is the trap.

Post edited by ShyN3ko on

Comments

• CrowFoxy
    CrowFoxy Member Posts: 1,310
    Options

By all means, trapper definitely needs something to strengthen him up. But it could be difficult coming up with unique ideas that are easily implemented.

• Shad03
    Shad03 Member Posts: 3,732
    Options

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,503
    Options

That would actually be pretty cool - they could also be combined with the Trapper's cosmetics maybe.
    I'd really like some sort of spikey one for him.

• ShyN3ko
    Options

@MandyTalk said:
    That would actually be pretty cool - they could also be combined with the Trapper's cosmetics maybe.
    I'd really like some sort of spikey one for him.

Ohh entity.
    A Wooden Horse with the Halloween Event Trapper Skin.
    I like your idea.

• VeryOriginal
    VeryOriginal Member Posts: 8
    Options
    CrowFoxy said:

By all means, trapper definitely needs something to strengthen him up. But it could be difficult coming up with unique ideas that are easily implemented.

The trapper is like any other killer, strong if you know how to use him and absurdly op on the game
  • ShyN3ko
    Options

@VeryOriginal said:
    CrowFoxy said:

The trapper is like any other killer, strong if you know how to use him and absurdly op on the game

The trapper is like any other killer, survivors with a high skill lvl can win every time.

• XxAtomicAlfiexX
    XxAtomicAlfiexX Member Posts: 395
    Options

YES!!!!! make Trapper GOD! buff Trapper!!!!!!

• ShyN3ko
    Options

@XxAtomicAlfiexX said:

Your profil pic say anything.

• XxAtomicAlfiexX
    Options

@ShyN3ko said:

@XxAtomicAlfiexX said:

Trapper is god. i worship him.

• ShyN3ko
    Options

@XxAtomicAlfiexX said:

@ShyN3ko said:

@XxAtomicAlfiexX said:

I like the trapper design.
    But his traps are boring.
    Because you can see them.

• XxAtomicAlfiexX
    Options

@ShyN3ko said:

@XxAtomicAlfiexX said:

@ShyN3ko said:

@XxAtomicAlfiexX said:

TRAPPER BUFFS!!!!!!!!! He looks AWESOME. If his basement is in killers shack AWESOME. If everyone steps in your traps AWESOME. we shouldn't be sacrificing survivors to the entity. We should be sacrificing them to the Lord and Savior TRAPPER!!!!!!!!

• ShyN3ko
    Options

@XxAtomicAlfiexX said:

@ShyN3ko said:

@XxAtomicAlfiexX said:

@ShyN3ko said:

@XxAtomicAlfiexX said:

TRAPPER BUFFS!!!!!!!!! He looks AWESOME. If his basement is in killers shack AWESOME. If everyone steps in your traps AWESOME. we shouldn't be sacrificing survivors to the entity. We should be sacrificing them to the Lord and Savior TRAPPER!!!!!!!!

I get it XD
    You are trapper main.

• XxAtomicAlfiexX
    Options

@ShyN3ko said:

@XxAtomicAlfiexX said:

@ShyN3ko said:

@XxAtomicAlfiexX said:

@ShyN3ko said:

@XxAtomicAlfiexX said:

I get it XD
    You are trapper main.

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TRAPPER IS THE BEST!!!!!!!!!

### NURSE!!!!!!

I WANT MORE TRAPPER BUFFS (not like he needs them) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• PigMainBigBrain
    PigMainBigBrain Member Posts: 1,893
    Options

@ShyN3ko said:

Example:

I mean a big wooden horse (it comes out a wall) that wants to kick in a survivor's face with his hoof.

Trapper being complex enough to have trap doors and flame thrower traps and spikes coming out of walls or floors or whatever. Being able to cast those on his own would kill too much time. He'd get 5 genned even faster than he already does. Even if the traps were randomly generated and he could walk about and activate them he'd still get rushed. But! Lets say these RNG traps were already active we'd run into the possible issue of where it feels unfair to survivors to jump into a match and not even 5 seconds in CLAP! They run into a spike door or something.

If they give any bonuses to trapper like that, it would be nice to see it implemented into a new mode or something. 2 v 8 anyone?

• ShyN3ko
    Options

@PigMainBigBrain said:

@ShyN3ko said:

Example:

Trapper being complex enough to have trap doors and flame thrower traps and spikes coming out of walls or floors or whatever. Being able to cast those on his own would kill too much time. He'd get 5 genned even faster than he already does. Even if the traps were randomly generated and he could walk about and activate them he'd still get rushed. But! Lets say these RNG traps were already active we'd run into the possible issue of where it feels unfair to survivors to jump into a match and not even 5 seconds in CLAP! They run into a spike door or something.

If they give any bonuses to trapper like that, it would be nice to see it implemented into a new mode or something. 2 v 8 anyone?

I would like a new gamemode.
    In a 2 v 8 gamemode, 1 killer could activate/place traps and the other hunt survivors.

• CronaWins
    CronaWins Member Posts: 650
    Options

His ultra rare auto-set traps should be built in. I think this is really the only addon that makes him viable to play.

It's not fun picking up a trap and setting it exactly where you picked it up and getting disarmed again because someone seen you.

Not to mention, they STILL haven't fixed the darken trap addons yet so they are as clear as day to see.

Different traps does sound fun though.

• ShyN3ko
    Options

@CronaWins said:
    His ultra rare auto-set traps should be built in. I think this is really the only addon that makes him viable to play.

It's not fun picking up a trap and setting it exactly where you picked it up and getting disarmed again because someone seen you.

Not to mention, they STILL haven't fixed the darken trap addons yet so they are as clear as day to see.

Do you know Junkrat from Overwatch?
    This traps would be nice.

• The_Trapper
    The_Trapper Member Posts: 186
    Options
    I concur.
  • ShyN3ko
    Options

@The_Trapper said:
    I concur.

This names XD
    Trapper main spotted.

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167
    Options
    Even some minor secondary traps would be nice. Trip wires for windows and door ways that can restock at the locker, even if they are just audio alerts would be useful while rounding up the actual damage dealers.
  • Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873
    Options

@CronaWins said:

I'd like to mention, he should have his traps restoring every 1 minutes at random. This can be reduced by the Pigs perk that makes hooks respawn quicker and that perk will make it 30 seconds. The stone addon would be reworked.

• nancyt1428
    nancyt1428 Member Posts: 66
    Options

I just strongly dislike the fact that the Trapper can step in his own traps. Like what other killer out there can screw themselves over like that? He is proficient in trapping. That's his gig. Make him immune to his own traps. That's all I'm saying.

• Crackgear
    Crackgear Member Posts: 279
    Options
    ShyN3ko said:

Example:

Yes Wooden horse ,  survivors who get caught will get bloody Anime problems 
  • ShyN3ko
    Options

@Crackgear said:
    ShyN3ko said:

Example:

(Spoiler)

Yes Wooden horse ,  survivors who get caught will get bloody Anime problems 

Poor Dwight.........

• ShyN3ko
    Options

@nancyt1428 said:
    I just strongly dislike the fact that the Trapper can step in his own traps. Like what other killer out there can screw themselves over like that? He is proficient in trapping. That's his gig. Make him immune to his own traps. That's all I'm saying.

It make sense, that he can step into his own traps.
    But the hitbox size differents is rly stupid.
    Survivor can "dodge" beartraps, but the trapper not.
    For the gameplay it would be good, if only survivor can get traped.
    And the trap hitbox is like a pallet hitbox.

• Captain_Spaulding
    Captain_Spaulding Member Posts: 587
    Options

I've always wanted Trapper Daddy to have a beartrap on a rope. Just chuck that ######### and reel in a survivor. I've always thought could be unique and cool as all heck.

• Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,223
    Options
    Wooden horse? You do know, while originally a torture tool, its now commonly used for... other stuff. Well implementing this would probably boost sales on strongman trapper lol.

I think building specific stuff would help any killer, and then be totalky ignored by survivor like those instantkill-spots in LY:N .

Rather give trapper more stuff to play with, like tripwires or spikepits.
  • ShyN3ko
    Options

@Raptorrotas said:
    Wooden horse? You do know, while originally a torture tool, its now commonly used for... other stuff. Well implementing this would probably boost sales on strongman trapper lol.

I think building specific stuff would help any killer, and then be totalky ignored by survivor like those instantkill-spots in LY:N .

Rather give trapper more stuff to play with, like tripwires or spikepits.

Or the big circus horse that wants to kick in a survivor's face with his hoof XD

Yeah i would like some more trap spots, like LY:N.
    Not instantkill.
    But just a trap spot.
    its rly weird that he is called The Trapper, but he has only 1 sort of traps.

• Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,223
    Options
    @ShyN3ko
    I'd razher have trapper have a weapon wherl or secondary abiluty fir more traps than a predetermined location that would get aboided by survs.
  • ShyN3ko
    Options

@Raptorrotas said:
    @ShyN3ko
    I'd razher have trapper have a weapon wherl or secondary abiluty fir more traps than a predetermined location that would get aboided by survs.

A secondary ability would be nice.
    And more traps.
    Im rly get bored by beartraps.

• agony_deluxe
    agony_deluxe Member Posts: 10
    Options
    Want to fix the trapper?

Easy one. Get rid of all the trap's spawn parameters.

The trapper is in dire need of game lenght. 
    No one respect him because when the game start traps are not set. 

When game begin all trap are set. Trap spawn in random but predifined positions, just like totems.

Yeah, maybe not just like totems but you got me.

They spawn: 
    - at palets
    - along walls in grass
    - near generator in grass.
    -wall angles
    - at vaults
    - near chest
    - on the exit switch

And so on.

Addon for more traps on the map.

As a trapper you still have some work if you plan to protect a specific part of the map. 
    On the other hand your taps are set in good spots and survivors should take care of them.

You can presure fromt the start and i think like this the trapper is realy dreadfull without a core rework.

The only drawback: there is a bunch of work for dbd team in order to script all the traps spawn location. 

• ShyN3ko
    Options

@agony_deluxe said:
    Want to fix the trapper?

Easy one. Get rid of all the trap's spawn parameters.

The trapper is in dire need of game lenght. 
    No one respect him because when the game start traps are not set. 

When game begin all trap are set. Trap spawn in random but predifined positions, just like totems.

Yeah, maybe not just like totems but you got me.

They spawn: 

• at palets
    • along walls in grass
    • near generator in grass.
      -wall angles

• at vaults

• near chest
    • on the exit switch

And so on.

Addon for more traps on the map.

As a trapper you still have some work if you plan to protect a specific part of the map. 
    On the other hand your taps are set in good spots and survivors should take care of them.

You can presure fromt the start and i think like this the trapper is realy dreadfull without a core rework.

The only drawback: there is a bunch of work for dbd team in order to script all the traps spawn location. 

This are pretty nice ideas.
    But you know the totem algerithm.
    Maybe some traps will be in trees.

• LCGaster
    LCGaster Member Posts: 3,154
    Options

I think this would be pretty cool, but I'm afraid it might become too confusing especially for new players. After playing trapper I think that giving him a bunch more traps could be enough. I played one match in which I had less than 10 traps in the whole map, excluding the ones I had on myself, it was one of the smallest maps in the game if not the smallest, but still I think it's too little. For example, the Hag can have up to 10 traps on the map at all times AND can teleport to them, the Trapper can probably have a little more than that but if a survivor is caught you still have to reach them and hope they don't escape, by giving him more traps it would enhance his map pressure and give him the opportunity to trap more places to help him in the chase, so many times I put traps in loops I think they will go to when in a chase but they don't even get close to them. I'm not saying he should be able to put a trap in every loop in the map, but a few more would really help him I think.

In short: His traps are used very few times during a match if at all, having more traps would increase the chance.

• FayeZahara
    FayeZahara Member Posts: 965
    Options
    Trapper name should reflect him more cause he is all ground trapper and nothing really else. Mascot of this game really needs a fun rework to give his name a refresher.
  • GraviteaUK
    GraviteaUK Member Posts: 464
    edited February 2019
    Options

I love Trapper but there are several issue which are apparent quite quickly.

"Iridescent stone" this sounds good on paper but to get decent use out of it your traps need not to spawn in the corners of the maps and in places survivors will never realistically go.

"Trapper sack" this should not be an addon, The Hag can do 10 traps and they re-fill as each one is set off, Huntress gets 5 hatchets, Trapper should be able to carry up to 3 by default.

Trap Hitboxes, sometimes you have to be stupidly precise where to place a trap or risk it not going off which wastes more time, increase them slightly.

Change the spawns or make it so you can get traps from set places so you spend less time walking to areas with no gens and dropping all your pressure just to get more traps.

• Bonkoul
    Bonkoul Member Posts: 12
    edited February 2019
    Options

What would be nice is traps depending on the map RNG-placed as passive power and bear traps as active one (like the Hag have) and then rework a bit the bag add-ons. For examples :

• Lerry/Game : A trap comming from the roof when you pass under it as a survivor (net trap(reveals the trapped survivor) or stone trap (puts in dying state))
    • Wood-based maps : rope traps (basically, a rope attaching itself to the feet of the survivor and send him stand upside-down in the airs, his screaming revealing his location to everyone)
    • Farmlands : A gaz trap hidden in a mais sprout activated by moving the sprout (blurs the vision of the ones in 8m when activated)
    • others : shrapnel stepmines (puts in dying state the one activating it).
      Would seem logical that when the trial begin, the Trapper have already trapped a bit the area, no ? Just like the Pig have her Puzzles already lying around.
  • sadmuffins13
    sadmuffins13 Member Posts: 73
    Options
    Trapper should be the strongest killer in the game since it’s basically the games mascot.