Scourge Hook buff. Equipping more gives more hooks to lessen the bad RNG

Options
Nos37
Nos37 Member Posts: 4,097
edited June 2022 in Feedback and Suggestions

1 additional Scourge Hook will spawn in the trial for each additional Scourge Hook perk equipped, up to 3 more for a max of 7.

This helps prevent bad RNG from shutting down their entire build.

----

Right now, I'm choosing not to equip a second Scourge Hook perk because of the low count and RNG.

Comments

• AnneBonny
    AnneBonny Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 2,252
    Options

i think the solution is to just fix the bad rng? lol

hook spawns are an abolute mess rn

• BastardKing
    BastardKing Member Posts: 784
    Options

Right? Some games, I have hooks where the survivors can wave to each other, other games I have one hook on this third of the map.

• Mekochi
    Mekochi Member Posts: 942
    Options

um, sure??

• rooCraah
    rooCraah Member Posts: 138
    Options

Scourge hook count should be 4-6 depending on the map size, and I think there should be a script to ensure they're spread out (not just a random set of hooks)

• BabyCameron10
    BabyCameron10 Member Posts: 949
    Options

I always thought that a scourge hook perk should start the game with 4 tokens.

1 token is consumed the first time you hook a survivor on a normal hook. That hook will then change into a scourge hook.

This will remove the RNG from the perk and let the killer freely pick which hook they should turn into scourge hooks.

• brock
    brock Member Posts: 305
    Options

Nah that's perfect placement so that way the survivors can be together on the hook

• Mekochi
    Mekochi Member Posts: 942
    Options
  • Elan
    Elan Member Posts: 83
    edited June 2022
    Options

I think scourge hooks are dead. Pain resonance stronger part was removed so Surge will serve way better as well as other perks. And i barely see any other scourge perks. Floods of rage sometimes on Nurse, but that's all. No one runs Floods of rage and Gift of Pain. Floods of rage is kinda good, but there are just better perks and gift of pain will be still not used as it's deactivated on lost of health state.

So, few people will run PR maybe, coz kicking gens is boring but with new meta you will have to do anyway and Monstrous shrine will be in my opinion used mostly for basement builds. So seeing scourge perks will be rare. Still believe pain resonance was healthy perk that rewarded killers for down and give them hint where to go (anti-camping). Also devs want to shake meta and scourge hooks are relatively new mechanic replacing hexes. Know pain res plus dms was kinda annoying but again, killer's meta is changing untill they nerf it again and killer's go back to the old one. Corrupt will be still highly used as well as ds and bt so did they really shake that meta? Except for Ruin, Iron will and spine chill those are dead peks.

• Advorsus
    Advorsus Member Posts: 1,033
    Options

I think pain resonance will still be used, just not as much and not in the dms combo that it was. It'll still be a decent perk. The Nerf was way more of a Nerf to DMS, and that perk will probably never see play unless you're something like a doctor or artist. It's just not worth it as you won't be able to actually activate it consistently anymore.

It is sad to see that such a neat idea of an old mechanic was handled so poorly. My personally I almost never ran scourge hooks because of their spawns. Every time I used them I'd get 3 on one side of the map where there's nothing, and then 1 completely on the opposite side of the map in nothing as well. Even now I still only really get value out of them in maybe 1 out of 5 matches due to hook spawns.

I do like the buff to gift of pain, and would totally use that in a thana build with say maybe pentimento and plaything. That way when they're injured they see thana and go to heal, just to get the debuff from gift of pain.