Wow! (PC vs PS4)

Options
Can I just say how beautiful PC looks on this game. Everything is just so much smoother! I’ve hit so much more great skill checks than on console. (It’s actually a lot more easier). Lagging wasn’t so bad either and the framerates. UGH it’s beautiful.

I played it on my bf’s pc because he’s had it purchased from a long time ago and just wow. I’m actually amazed.

Super jealous with everything honestly! I noticed that as soon as I search for a lobby on pc it would immediately put me in one (for both killer and survivor) but when I do that on PS4 it takes me 5-10 minutes or more sometimes.

Can’t move to PC because I have a laptop and that’s not really fitting for games. Plus I have lots of time, cosmetics, and I’ve spent money on console. I’m pretty sure there’s no way to transfer your data onto PC.

Feels super sad man.

Comments

• UwU
    UwU Member Posts: 50
    Options

Maybe you should send a ticket to the devs asking if there's any way they could transfer data to PC, and if they can, you could just play on your laptop! Of course, it probably wouldn't be as great as when you're on your boyfriends PC as he has a good PC that was made to run games, but if you ran it on low - medium settings it'd probably be fine and personally I'd say that it's easier to play on PC as the controls aren't as 'complex' I guess.

• PinkEricka
    PinkEricka Member Posts: 1,042
    Options
    PS4 player here. :) Yeah, I wish I could be able to switch platforms too.

@Lowbei (RIP) recommended awhile back that the devs should make some sort of cloud where you can have your own account that stores data, but now that I think about it, if we had the ability to do that, in theory, I’m sure a majority of the console players will be gone since there’s no cross-platform playing in DBD...
  • TrAiNwReCk
    TrAiNwReCk Member Posts: 246
    Options

Cross platform would help those waiting times for sure. Blessed to be playing on PC here, started on Xbox One and the PC was like a whole new game almost. Though cross platform wouldn't be fair from a control standpoint. Mouse and Keyboard for the win. Unless, you really like controller I suppose.

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,206
    Options

i play on ps4 and pc but i play more on ps4 because my pc sucks to play i have to have it on the lowest setting and win mode

• HatCreature
    HatCreature Member Posts: 3,298
    Options

I also wish we could have dual accounts for PC and Console, I've been playing almost a year on console and that's a lot of of time and MONEY to regain and spend on the PC. Because of that I have to stay where I am and it sucks :(

• Loit
    Loit Member Posts: 61
    Options
    I would love to transfer my account to pc - even if I had to rebuy the main game. 

I remember how the PS4 was a beast of a machine, apparently we’ve found out what the best killer in DbD is... framerates. 
  • Kaelum
    Kaelum Member Posts: 994
    Options

Try playing Spider-Man and then tell me it’s a PS4 issue....NOT!

The only reason that PC plays better is because they code everything for PC, and consoles are an afterthought. BTW, it is significantly easier to code for consoles than it is for PCs, as consoles have fixed hardware. PCs are a disaster to code for when it comes to video games.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Options

@Kaelum said:
    Try playing Spider-Man and then tell me it’s a PS4 issue....NOT!

The only reason that PC plays better is because they code everything for PC, and consoles are an afterthought. BTW, it is significantly easier to code for consoles than it is for PCs, as consoles have fixed hardware. PCs are a disaster to code for when it comes to video games.

It has simply something to do with the fact, that PCs are way more powerful.
    When my graficscard alone costs more than a PS4...

• Kaelum
    Kaelum Member Posts: 994
    Options

@Tsulan said:
    It has simply something to do with the fact, that PCs are way more powerful.
    When my graficscard alone costs more than a PS4...

That’s debatable. A PS4 is more powerful than most of the PCs that people use every day. This game doesn’t need a graphics card that is that powerful. The inefficient code is the problem, not the hardware. Take a look at Horizon: Zero Dawn, which has an absolutely amazing environment that no other game to date has even come close to. It runs solely on PS4, and doesn’t have any of the frame-rate issues that DbD does. That should be more than proof enough.

• Incurable_BOFA
    Incurable_BOFA Member Posts: 105
    Options
    Gamzello said:
    Can I just say how beautiful PC looks on this game. Everything is just so much smoother! I’ve hit so much more great skill checks than on console. (It’s actually a lot more easier). Lagging wasn’t so bad either and the framerates. UGH it’s beautiful.

I played it on my bf’s pc because he’s had it purchased from a long time ago and just wow. I’m actually amazed.

Super jealous with everything honestly! I noticed that as soon as I search for a lobby on pc it would immediately put me in one (for both killer and survivor) but when I do that on PS4 it takes me 5-10 minutes or more sometimes.

Can’t move to PC because I have a laptop and that’s not really fitting for games. Plus I have lots of time, cosmetics, and I’ve spent money on console. I’m pretty sure there’s no way to transfer your data onto PC.

Feels super sad man.

Compeltely same boat, gf has Dbd on pc and when I play on there it’s like a whole new experience, then I come back to PS4 it’s just sucks, everything is like one major downgrade...
  • Paddy4583
    Paddy4583 Member Posts: 864
    Options
    Gamzello said:

Feels super sad man.
    Yep, there’s nothing but greed that prevents multi platform gaming, Sony being the main culprit. The game companies don’t control this at all.
  • CronaWins
    CronaWins Member Posts: 650
    Options

@Gamzello said:

Feels super sad man.

Really? I have to play on low with a beast PC because the game is poorly optimised.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    Options

Well, yeah, PC looks better because the hardware is better. It's well known that games are downgraded when console releases are planned because consoles can't keep up.

• Paddy4583
    Paddy4583 Member Posts: 864
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Orion said:

Well, yeah, PC looks better because the hardware is better. It's well known that games are downgraded when console releases are planned because consoles can't keep up.

I don’t think I’m this case it’s hardware related, this isn’t a processing heavy game graphically, frame rates aren’t just because of hardware either