Cenobite's Chain Hunt TOO oppressive for actions that reset

Nos37
Nos37 Member Posts: 4,142

Totems are impossible to cleanse during a chain hunt. Not unless the totem's in a corner and someone's bodyblocking to take your chains.

Plus, the box is much harder to solve when the chains won't stop harassing you.

----

Stop the chain hunt from interrupting actions where progress is reset (stays for gens, exit gates, heals).

Instead, apply an action speed debuff for every chain on you, and maybe increase the max chains beyond 3.

Comments

• KateMain86
    KateMain86 Member Posts: 2,374

What I've come to learn about going against the cenobite is you have to have 1 person always on box duty or the chains will become increasingly overwhelming to the point where you have no choice but to solve the puzzle. I think the chain hunt happens a little too fast but its probably only an issue for solo que.

• Nos37
  • Nos37

Alternatively, they can stop cleanse progress from resetting.

If someone stops me from untying my shoe and then I resume untying... how is my shoe fully tied again??

• fulltonon
    fulltonon Member Posts: 5,762

If chain hunt started, it should matter, it's so easy to stop on surv's side while so hard to start on killer side.

Might as well remove cenobite if you gonna nerf it.

• Wampirita
    Wampirita Member Posts: 809

That's either troll or extreme entitlement post :v

• Xord
    Xord Member Posts: 517

The only thing I agree with is solving the box. You shouldn't be harassed by chain hunt while trying to solve it. Honestly makes no sense. New chains won't appear, but existing chains won't stop if you start to solve it.

• fulltonon
    fulltonon Member Posts: 5,762

Just wait till the "wave" ends, they already fixed that problem by adding no-chainhunt period.

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383

Because... game logic.

Just solve the box. But getting hit by chains while solving the box is quite annoying.

• GrimReaperJr1232
    GrimReaperJr1232 Member Posts: 1,690

That is... literally the point.

Okay, yes. Chain Hunt while trying to solve the box is extremely annoying, requiring you to dodge several chains and then immediately try to solve. Otherwise, that's the literal function and point of the mechanic.

• XerraFox
    XerraFox Member Posts: 157

3 chains.. THREE chains.. Then you have a short break which is enough time to solve it

• nikodemo
    nikodemo Member Posts: 767

DO THE BOX FOR GOODNESS SAKE! XD

• Nos37
    edited June 2022

We cleansed four hex totems and Ruin is still up.

Steve had the box and was being chased while we looked for totems.

Four cleansed hex totems later and I finally find it! But no...

Steve was downed and I was interrupted at 90% and had to restart the cleanse, and restart, and restart, and restart.

The box wasn't even on the map yet! Solve WHAT box!?

Cenobite stomps solo q.

• nikodemo

that's on the survs. steve screwed up and no one backed him up to get him out of chase to do the box. you guys got outplayed. better luck next time.

• Slowpeach
    Slowpeach Member Posts: 702

Yay lack of killer specific tutorial. Was actually unaware there was 3 chains and a break to solve the box. Though I think I’ve played 5 Cenobite games in total in my near 3 months.

Thats fine sure but like many things, not explained at all.

• Mat_Sella
    Mat_Sella Member Posts: 3,553

Oh my goodness, almost a year later and people still are saying things like

"Despite knowing that Solving the Box will solve my issues, I would much rather have this simple mechanic be nerfed to the ground so that it does not impede any action I could possibly do, whatsoever!"

• nikodemo

not everything needs to be explained by the game, nor can be. learn about the game if you want to get better. pay attention, ask questions on forums on how to counter/deal with a problem. watch videos. basically, learn to play the game.

• Xord

Is this a bug then (or has it been fixed?) that when we hold a box, we are permanently chased by chains?

I haven't played against Ceno in a few weeks probably (or at least, encountered that situation) but usually when I'm trying to solve a box while chain hunt is active, I'm not able to because of the chains, unless I manage to find a lucky tight corner or have someone bodyblock the chains.

• Viskod
    Viskod Member Posts: 854

I don't remember the last time I got a Chain Hunt on The Cenobite that wasn't from me just happening upon where the box was or finding a survivor right after they picked it up.

• Bot_Salvo88
    Bot_Salvo88 Member Posts: 1,230

There's not point in reaching chain hunt if the chains do absolutely nothing at all. There are 4 survivors, meaning that 1 of you can go and solve the box. It might be hard to coordinate when you're solo, but devs have already said in the past that they're working on solo Q improvements already. Just run Bond and Open handed to see if a survivor within 52 meters of you is actively going to solve the box, so you will be fine

• nikodemo
    edited June 2022

right? survs get insulted if a killer power dares to actually inconvenience them just sitting on gens and winning. XD like, ugh, you mean we actually have to play the game?! XD that's, like, the whole point!

or else you end up like Sadako, with a power that does nothing, is no threat and no one cares!

• XerraFox
    XerraFox Member Posts: 157

I don't know about this .. bug .. I can just confirm that as soon as you got hit by three chains you have anough time to break those and solve the box, even if the add-on that adds two seconds is in play

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,353

Holding the box makes it so the chain hunt only affects you. However, once you are solving the box the chains will no longer spawn, it does not however prevent the current set of 3 chains that are spawning from spawning.

Basically if you must solve the box during chain hunt you have to dodge the 3 chains and immediately start solving the box before the next set of 3chains spawn.

• Xord

Okay, so, there is (or was) a bug where dodging those chains and immediately solving the box would not prevent the next set of chain. Dogdging this set, however, through being positioned in a corner, or having a survivor blocking would prevent any further chain from spawning, but basically, solving the cube alone was near impossible.

Maybe it is solved? Again, I haven't encountered that situation in weeks. Cenobyte is quite rare and usually, you will solve the box before the hunt begins.