The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Lightborn Rework

Daniel28
Daniel28 Member Posts: 39
edited June 2022 in Feedback and Suggestions

The killer should be able to get blinded even if they have it, but it's at 75% light proof. They Nerfed Iron Will and Calm Spirit for survivors. It would be fair, from if not.... The DEVS OF DEAD BY DAYLIGHT are playing favoritism towards killer and don't give a DAM about survivors... it's only from I had couple games where I had Flashbang, and Blast Mine Perks and it's totally not fair that 1 perk nulls my 2 perks and I should be rewarded other perks If they are useless, or just make Lightborn only flashlight proof and not perks

Comments

• rooCraah
    rooCraah Member Posts: 138

Lightborn should not stop survivors from receiving flashlight score events. Makes it obvious the killer has it.

• brock
    brock Member Posts: 305

Lightborn is fine as it is. Having to take a perk slot just to counter flashlights/bangs kinda sucks, if they nerfed Lightborn I would never touch it. It's already a gimmicky perk to begin with.

• IlliterateGenocide
    IlliterateGenocide Member Posts: 6,016

Light born is a bad perk that does its only job correctly, a job that doesn't need to be done in the first place with common sense. its fine

• akaTheBARON
    akaTheBARON Member Posts: 346

Killer mains "The devs don't give a damn about killer mains" then on another post from a survivor main "The devs don't give a damn about survivor mains" ...

Some aspects of the game needed to be buffed for killer. And I play 60-70% survivor. There's always going to be something where "the devs did X for the other side, we should get Y." Sometimes a perk a survivor or killer use cancels out a mechanic/perk/strategy of the other side. They have to use a whole perk slot to use it. Lightborn is also a meme perk, and it will only force survivors to do gens instead of running around the map being a little clicky flashlight cowboy trying to get out-of-the-way flashlight saves they were never going to get anyway.

• akaTheBARON
    akaTheBARON Member Posts: 346
    edited June 2022

Now if they took away the ability to read auras for survivors who tried to blind you, I couldn't care less if they got rid of that, I could take it or leave it. I only use lightborn if I see its a flashlight lobby and just feel like doing the meme where I pretend I don't have it, look up, down, and away, just to get some free hits (and a DC here and there when they realise I have it LOL)

• Apostrophe
    Apostrophe Member Posts: 16

First off, Lightborn does NOT nullify Blast Mines. Second, don't talk about your perk slot being wasted for bringing in Flashbang to a Lightborn fight when you have survivors breaking hex totem right at the start of the match and the killer never even getting a chance to get anything out of them. It's all part of the game, you roll the dice, you bring a flashlight, or a perk that's useless, or a hex that gets cleansed right away, Oh well, thems the breaks.

• Darkest_Night
    Darkest_Night Member Posts: 151

Hell no. Liightborn is fine where it is. It counters 2 things and that's it.

• RpTheHotrod
    RpTheHotrod Member Posts: 1,827

Have to disagree. It's good at one single thing.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

Hard to believe someone is asking to nerf Lightborn of all things. 🙄

• Slowpeach
    Slowpeach Member Posts: 702

The only thing I'd hope for is there being more interaction with the survivors so they know the killer has it. It feels bad slapping someone who keeps aiming light in my face expecting something to happen.

You could compensate it elsewhere and maybe give some other general effect that works regardless of flash lights. Honestly though I feel flashlights and lightborn are very iffy designs in general. The idea of messing with/fighting the killer is alright but it's just done so poorly.

• Daniel28
    edited June 2022

Lightborn getting nerfed is the same thing as calm spirit.. Killer Mains had to cry like a sissy that calm spirit is too powerful towards doctors and infectious fright. Look now it's getting nerfed so why can't lightborn get same treatment

• Daniel28

I agree, from it should tell the survivors that they have lightborn at least, like thanaphobia dying light and lots other perks, but why not lightborn at least

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,136

What? Lightborn used to just slow down blinds, then within the past few years it got buffed to completely block blinds. Even after being buffed, it did not become meta. There is no reason to nerf it. If anything, since it's so rarely used, the devs might buff it to increase the usage numbers.

If you bring two blind perks, that's on you. There are lots of perks, powers, items, and add-ons that can be nullified by the other side. That's the game.

• Daniel28
    edited June 2022

Personally I think it should get nerfed to 75% blind proof, and it now let's you know of any survivors near you with a flashlight/flashbang/firecracker in hand within 5 meters when near a downed survivor

• Viktor1853
    Viktor1853 Member Posts: 942

Lightborn is fine as it is