Can I get banned for this?

Bartook
Bartook Member Posts: 7
edited February 2019 in General Discussions

Hi! I have question... Can I get banned for the situation when I play as killer and my sister watching netflix on tv and I have 700+ ping in lobby and in game? Yesterday I had this situation many times and I'm curious. It's question for devs.

Comments

• ReikoMori
    ReikoMori Member Posts: 3,333

You should not be playing this game with 700+ping. It produces a bad experience for yourself and other players. Now, what you describe isn't lag switching per se, but people aren't going to come to the forum and see this post. Even if they did they'd not think twice about reporting you so err of the side of caution and avoid playing if you can't keep your ping at reasonable levels.

• Bartook

@ReikoMori said:
    You should not be playing this game with 700+ping. It produces a bad experience for yourself and other players. Now, what you describe isn't lag switching per se, but people aren't going to come to the forum and see this post. Even if they did they'd not think twice about reporting you so err of the side of caution and avoid playing if you can't keep your ping at reasonable levels.

Umm ok

• Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873

You know, if you're playing killer then you don't have high ping right? It's the survivors who have pings that go badly with yours so I don't think you should be banned. Dedicated servers will fix this for you.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Bartook said:
    Hi! I have question... Can I get banned for the situation when I play as killer and my sister watching netflix on tv and I have 700+ ping in lobby and in game? Yesterday I had this situation many times and I'm curious. It's question for devs.

No, having a high ping is not bannable.

• Bartook

Oh thanks

• MrDardon
    MrDardon Member Posts: 3,941

I had this case when I had worse internet. When they started lagging I either left the game or standed still so I couldn't harm them.