The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

PERK Bond Rework

Daniel28
Daniel28 Member Posts: 39
edited June 2022 in Feedback and Suggestions

Bond is a a Perk I see LOTS of SURVIVORS rat each other out, I'm sick of getting rated out my location when the 1 being chased isn't dead on hook, but I Am. I believe it should work like this, it does the meters and everything like normal but doesn't show teammates aura when you are being chased or within killers terror radius. Meaning if I'm being chased by killer, I can't see my teams aura

Post edited by Daniel28 on

Comments

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383

It can go both ways. And I'll believe in the version that people using bond prefer to not go into areas where people are. So I think it should stay.

• Daniel28

Well that might be, because your a killer main or you use it right way, but I see most survivors abuse the perk

• Dsnooz
    Dsnooz Member Posts: 241

What? I never see survivors rat out another with Bond.

Why ruin Bond? You can use Bond to take a protection hit for a survivor that is on death hook. Bond helps tremendously with positioning for flashlight saves. If the survivors can't see the survivor being chased it makes it harder to do both of these things.

Bond is the strongest aura perk for survivors.

• Jay_Whyask
    Jay_Whyask Member Posts: 566

+ 1 Dislike 👎️

• rooCraah
    rooCraah Member Posts: 138

I was just thinking about how, post Lightweight buff, Bond is the last survivor perk I can think of with an effect, and numbers, identical to what it had on DBD's release in 2016. (I hope I'm not wrong on this)

Bond has never needed, and still doesn't need, any change. Survivors that are ######### can use it in chase to make the killer target someone else, while good survivors can use it to deliberately avoid pallet loops near generators being worked on. You can't get rid of one without getting rid of the other.

• Daniel28

You can see there auras if your not being chased, but can't see anyone else's aura if you are the one being chased

• Dsnooz
    Dsnooz Member Posts: 241

Lots of Bond-enjoyers use Bond to see if survivors are working on a gen to avoid them. This would gut Bond's usefulness.

• Jarky
    Jarky Member Posts: 599

They would need to change aura reading on other survivors in general if they were going to go down this route, otherwise the people that use Bond to grief would just move onto something else to use, such as Empathy, Aftercare, etc.

As Dsnooz has pointed out, the flipside is that other people actually use it to AVOID survivors whilst they're in a chase so they can ensure they're doing a generator in peace. Whilst yes, it's possible for a minority of users to use this to grief people, those people would likely move onto another method/perk to do so if Bond was changed, and I think the benefits of Bond being used whilst in chase far outweigh the smaller negatives of people who use it to grief.

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383

You're indeed wrong with this.... Technically. Tier 3 wasn't changed but Tier 1 and 2 got it's numbers buffed up so it would be more useful ealier.

• Daniel28

Well yall CANNOT DENY THIS from also anytime in game with last 2 survivors, I'm doing a gen and the other survivor works with killer to live, and they happen to have bond when i die and magically kmew where i was and points at me with killer, then killer kills me and lets the other go, but if yall can't nerf it...

At least BANN the perk from anyone who abuses it on purpose, and game would be able to tell, if they do it more than 5 times to any survivors, when they (The survivor whose using BOND) are NOT DEAD ON HOOK

• Daniel28
    edited June 2022

That would be good if the used it the correct way... But I only found about 60% to 80% survivors that has it with me, brings killer with them and gets me caught, and they Abused the perk in a bad way

The survivors I catch most doing so are Dwight's, and Megs

• Daniel28

Yeah your idea ain't bad, I wouldn't mind that either