Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

It's been 6 years and it still feels like devs don't know what they're doing

XLbuff
XLbuff Member Posts: 18

To be honest, meta changes was needed, but endurance abuse in PTB is just an example of how poorly the dev team understands their game from the players point of view. No way "hit me" type of gameplay with endurance perks and bodyblocks can be called a solution of tunneling or camping when survivors actually force killers to tunnel them. It's so wierd after DS nerf, how could this seem like a good idea? Did no one foresee this?

Instead of focusing on rewarding killers for hooking different players, for example, devs decided to completely remove this aspect from BBQ without giving anything in return, but endurance perks for survivors. Overall, it's just another clunky mechanical gameplay for both sides, and if that's the best the devs can do then this game won't be any better.

Comments

• Tiufal
    Tiufal Member Posts: 1,252

BBQ being a reward for "not tunneling" is a bogus argument. The issue is that its just much easier if you tunnel the first surv out and hook the rest, as you literally get them served on a silver plate as the first is out of the game quickly enough.

• Zwergz112
    Zwergz112 Member Posts: 199

Grim Embrace, No Way Out, Hex: Plaything, Dying Light and Scourge Hook: Gift Of Pain reward you for hooking different Survivors but ok

• feechima
    feechima Member Posts: 903

OTR will likely not launch as is. Devs make perks designed for a purpose but sometimes cannot see a 360 viewpoint on how they will be abused, thus the PTB to find these things out since this community is so good at exploiting every d*mn thing on both sides.

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295

All the endurance perks is giving me ptsd of old MoM >.<

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,220

They definitely know what they're doing. A game doesn't last for 6 years with this large of a population on sheer luck. I just disagree with the direction it seems to be going. They seem to be doubling down on casual non-competitive aspects and lowering the skill ceiling from a macro gameplay perspective. And I vehemently disagree with going in that direction.

• Khelendrose2020
    Khelendrose2020 Member Posts: 207

Been saying for 6 years that the dev team has a horrible quality control and brainstorming process. They can never seem to see how a new power, perk or change will interact with the other powers, perks and play styles. Example, the minute I read all the Endurance buffs, my first thought was how survivors could weaponize them in a team and how overpowering it could become. 80 seconds on OTR?! WTH are they smoking?

BHVR has very creative minds, but zero critical thinking skills. Measuring the impact of a variable on the environment is all about critical thinking. This is an obvious weak spot for this company.

• XLbuff
    XLbuff Member Posts: 18

Then you get BP bonus of almost nothing from boring game with minimal hooks/points. I didn't say it was perfect, but at least it had universal reward for hooking different players, now it's gone.

True, however most of them are situational DLC perks. I think game needs more appealing and notable rewards/outcome for hooking different players in general. At least IMO this is a better approach than clunky "hit me, I don't care" mechanics.

• Khelendrose2020
    Khelendrose2020 Member Posts: 207

There are a lot of poorly run games still going after a decade. A creative team is one thing. A team that understands how to measure the impact of their creativity is another. There is zero reasons this game should not have a bigger player base than it does. Poor balance and bad development hinders its growth.