Implement Toggle Actions for Wrist/Hand Health Reasons

Dead by Daylight is a game where you have to either press mouse 1 a long time for generators or press ctrl for crouching for a long time when playing against Hag especially. Being a mature (read 30+') gamer I'd really appreciate if the game had toggle crouch and toggle gen repair because it would simply be less stressfull for my hands that already get similarly tired in my work.

The gen toggle could be simply toggled off by another click or moving a bit and crouch toggle by another press of ctrl or running a bit.

Thanks.

Comments

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

Yes, please.

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919

Mashing the space bar especially hurts my wrists, thanks to my Carpal Tunnel Syndrome..

• BunnyBuns
    BunnyBuns Member Posts: 4

Oh yeah, almost forgot the space bar.

Anything that would make this game resemble old school sports games less would be soooo appreciated.

• Lagoni
    Lagoni Member Posts: 180
    edited February 2019

@BunnyBuns said:
    Dead by Daylight is a game where you have to either press mouse 1 a long time for generators or press ctrl for crouching for a long time when playing against Hag especially. Being a mature (read 30+') gamer I'd really appreciate if the game had toggle crouch and toggle gen repair because it would simply be less stressfull for my hands that already get similarly tired in my work.

The gen toggle could be simply toggled off by another click or moving a bit and crouch toggle by another press of ctrl or running a bit.

Thanks.

All your requests can be made though a very simple AHK script, and as far as I am aware, they don't care about people using scripts, since there is no real advantage to it.

EDIT: i suppose it would be just as easy for BHVR to implement it in the core game, so i see your point.

• JawsIsTheNextKiller
    JawsIsTheNextKiller Member Posts: 3,360

I've lost count of the amount of "suicides" I have commited because I can't mash X fast enough with my thumb.

• Orion

@Lagoni said:

@BunnyBuns said:

Thanks.

All your requests can be made though a very simple AHK script, and as far as I am aware, they don't care about people using scripts, since there is no real advantage to it.

EDIT: i suppose it would be just as easy for BHVR to implement it in the core game, so i see your point.

I've seen people banned for using scripts and would not advise it.

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,019

@BunnyBuns said:

Thanks.

This would be helpful in not breaking 20 controllers due to holding it down

• Lagoni

@Orion said:

@Lagoni said:

@BunnyBuns said:

Thanks.

Do you know what sort of scripts they were using? And do you know if it was actually true, or if it was just a guy saying "yeah i know someone who got banned"?

I'm not implying that you are lying, but you often get a lot of stories which is just that; stories :P

• Orion

@Lagoni said:

@Orion said:

@Lagoni said:

@BunnyBuns said:

Thanks.

Do you know what sort of scripts they were using? And do you know if it was actually true, or if it was just a guy saying "yeah i know someone who got banned"?

I'm not implying that you are lying, but you often get a lot of stories which is just that; stories :P

It was a script to wiggle and struggle, if memory serves. One user came here to complain about their ban and linked to a thread where several people were complaining that it'd been "detected" and they'd been banned from the game because of it.

• Lagoni

@Orion said:

@Lagoni said:

@Orion said:

@Lagoni said:

@BunnyBuns said:

Thanks.

It was a script to wiggle and struggle, if memory serves. One user came here to complain about their ban and linked to a thread where several people were complaining that it'd been "detected" and they'd been banned from the game because of it.

Oh okay thanks. I was sure something like that would not get you banned. I will look into it myself as well. The easy "fix" would probably just be to implement a small randomized break in between the key strokes though.