Which perks would you remove from the game?

Posted this on steam discussions, got a lot of mixed opinions.
Surprisingly a lot of people supported decisive. ikr?

I'll paste what I posted there.

Here's my list

1) Decisive, obvious reasons, it's just a crutch perk and seems to attract the most sc.umbag survivors. How fair is it to down someone only to get stunned by ds for 4 seconds, then having to chase the survivor over again. It's not fun. I refuse to use that perk.
Yes you can juggle the survivor blah blah but next time you down them you'll have to deal with it again.

2) Adrenaline, another crutch perk, it just gives it to you for free, if the survivor is injured you have to first catch up to them and then hit them 2 more times which in most cases you wont accomplish since the exit gates will most likely be open by then. plus if the survivor is in dying state it's just a free gateaway.

3) Borrowed time, another crutch perk promoting bad saves making it unfun for the killer. You can say it counters camping but most of the time you see this in toxic swf groups that always unhook infront of your face. It's not fun.

Killer side:
Possibly noed but I don't usually have a problem with it, you can completely deny it making it non-existant.

Opinions?

Comments

• Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873

DS because it's ridiculous.

NOED because it's ridiculous.

Adrenaline is fine, just that the exhaustion nerf made it more strong. But it's not too bad. Removing the heal from injured to full health but keeping the heal from dying to injured could work.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@drunky26 said:
    Posted this on steam discussions, got a lot of mixed opinions.
    Surprisingly a lot of people supported decisive. ikr?

I'll paste what I posted there.

Here's my list

1) Decisive, obvious reasons, it's just a crutch perk and seems to attract the most sc.umbag survivors. How fair is it to down someone only to get stunned by ds for 4 seconds, then having to chase the survivor over again. It's not fun. I refuse to use that perk.
    Yes you can juggle the survivor blah blah but next time you down them you'll have to deal with it again.

2) Adrenaline, another crutch perk, it just gives it to you for free, if the survivor is injured you have to first catch up to them and then hit them 2 more times which in most cases you wont accomplish since the exit gates will most likely be open by then. plus if the survivor is in dying state it's just a free gateaway.

3) Borrowed time, another crutch perk promoting bad saves making it unfun for the killer. You can say it counters camping but most of the time you see this in toxic swf groups that always unhook infront of your face. It's not fun.

Killer side:
    Possibly noed but I don't usually have a problem with it, you can completely deny it making it non-existant.

Opinions?

Adrenaline and BT dont need to be removed, just nerfed.
    DS needs a complete rework though

• The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688
    Decisive Strike - The dumbest perk in any videogame ever. It's just a toxic perk that feels extrenely frustrating for the person on the receiving end and is such bad game design it makes the entire gane look very amateur.

NOED - Like above

Adrenaline - Would be unfair to remove NOED and not Adrenaline.

• JanTheMan
    JanTheMan Member Posts: 495
    I'm pretty sure most people can agree that DS and NOED are complete cancer...
  • Broosmeister
    Broosmeister Member Posts: 281
    Deja Vu, it's so OP that you can literally see the gens through walls, this perk promotes gen rushing and it is used by all those toxic swf groups.
  • terrortil
    terrortil Member Posts: 78

@Broosmeister said:
    Deja Vu, it's so OP that you can literally see the gens through walls, this perk promotes gen rushing and it is used by all those toxic swf groups.

Right! DS? Pff ... Deja Vu is the toxic tryhard swf perk!

• HawkAyeTheNoo
    HawkAyeTheNoo Member Posts: 731
    None. 
  • The_Crusader
    Maybe Sprint Burst as well 

Because man is that lame when so many people have it. Plus it really hurts any kind of killer who gets surprise attacks on survivors like Wraith or Pig.
  • mintchapstick
    mintchapstick Member Posts: 891

Echoing DS and NOED.

Then the survivor in me wants to say BBQ & Chili but the killer in me says, 'that's dumb, BBQ & Chili is great.'

• terrortil

@The_Crusader said:

Because man is that lame when so many people have it. Plus it really hurts any kind of killer who gets surprise attacks on survivors like Wraith or Pig.

If your surprise attack gets countered by sprint burst, it was not a surprise attack.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

All the perks in the stale meta, plus all the useless perks (Monstrous Shrine, etc.).

• Eninya
    Eninya Member Posts: 1,256
    edited February 2019

DS and NOED.

Granted, removing DS kinda nerfs Rancor a little bit. However, I don't know a single killer that wouldn't throw away NOED to get rid of DS.

• terrortil

@Orion said:
    All the perks in the stale meta, plus all the useless perks (Monstrous Shrine, etc.).

So let's remove them all?

• The_Crusader
    terrortil said:

@The_Crusader said:

If your surprise attack gets countered by sprint burst, it was not a surprise attack.

Wraith is meant to get the drop on survivors. He uncloaks, then zoom off. Kind of beats his power right?

Also completely crioples Legion. Also defeats the purpose of Pig sneaking up on them.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

@terrortil said:

@Orion said:

So let's remove them all?

No, just the useless ones and the ones in the stale meta.

• Damarus
    Damarus Member Posts: 600
    Decisive is the only perk I have problems with, on survivor side.
    Speaking about killers, on the other hand, I'd gladly let NOED go (as a solo player, most of the time, I seem to be the only one destroying totems) and would rework the game to have less aura reading perks for killers, or limit them to one at a time. So, for instance, you choose to put BBQ in. You can't use Nurse's Calling or anything of that sort.
  • Axelson
    Axelson Member Posts: 86

Useless perks that need to be changed/removed:

Monstrous shrine
    Saboteur
    Left behind
    Up the ante
    Deja Vu
    No Mither
    Beast of prey

Overpowered/Annoying perks that need to be changed/removed:
    Noed
    Rancor
    Make your choice
    Blood Warden
    Iron Grasp
    WGLF (because farmers)

It's just my opinion
    btw stop crying about ds, you can hardly counter ds with unnerving presence and/or enduring. also you have to be a really bad killer if after a 4 seconds stun you can't get the survivor again. also it's just 1 use and if you fail it you don't have another chance, not like noed that has infinite uses and a unlimitated sprint burst 'till the totem is cleaned.

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321
    DS and NOED.
  • Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,911

NOED and no mither.

• PhantomMask20763
    PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 5,176
    Fire up obviously. Literally THE MOST broken perk in this game. Fire Up OP pls nerf!!! NO NO NO SAID MUMMY PIG